12" Qui-Gon!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad its Qui-Gon. I love the Jedi line, so any Jedi is cool with me. I still think Palpatine from the Mace fight will be the first Sith. He has Mace, Anakin, and Kit to go with. Dooku also has Obi-Wan and Anakin to go with. Luke only has Vader and Qui-Gon only Maul. They said they want to make these sets or connection figures, so Palpatine would have the most connections.

I hope the exclusive is back up to 2000 again at the very least.

JohnyBoo said:
If the poncho is the exclusive I will be sooooo upset if I can't snag it.
I predict a crazy preorder day.

really?:confused:

the hasbro poncho would be perfect to use if you miss the sideshow version. it's quite nice.

The picture we have of Qui-Gon is a little hard to judge, so I am refraining from making any decision on likeness or "hairline issues". I'm sure the later pictures will do the character justice and redeem him.

I remember being a little put off by the likeness of Anakin and of Obi-Wan... But once preorder came around and I saw the pics... I immediately loved them. Either way, I have to have him in the collection because he's cool and I loved the character. And as for the OT not getting any love, that's only because most of the Jedi were from the PT... We will get plenty of OT figures in due time, just ecpect a lot of PT figs to be released as almost the entire Order of the Jedi line will come from those films.

Besides, many of the heavy hitters for the OT are going to be armored... So, it's going to take a while. Still would be nice to have a Leia and Lando to go with Han and Luke. But, we have to be patient....

Wor-Gar said:
He looks a bit like Russell Crowe...

View attachment 702

OMG, WarGar, you read my mind!!! LOL The first instand I saw the pic, I thought Russel Crowe. Maybe it's because I just saw "A Beautiful Mind" on ABC this past weekend.

Don't get me wrong, I have wanted "Qui Gon" for quite some time... Even before "Mace" and I plan to be there for the pre-order. However, I am somewhat dissapointed...

I was really hoping for another character from the HOTR line, I was really hoping for "Leia"!

I have nothing against Jedi, but we have plenty for 2006 and I really wanted a second character from the HOTR line before the end of 2006.

I personally have been asking for "Bespin Leia" ("Hoth Leia" would also be fine) since they first announced "Luke".

There should still be two or three figures left for this year (2006), I really hope that "Leia" will be one of them!

I think this is a good choice, I'd prefer a character form HOTR but another Jedi is cool. I wonder if the exclusive will have a hole in his chest? I am digging the likeness. I wonder if Lucasfilm plans out the character releases with all of their licensees?

Gah! Another guy in a friggin robe. I'm "robed out" Let's see some 12" figures from the Star Wars universe that aren't wearing robes!!!!!!!! It's not like they're impossible to find.

Azog said:
2105_120x600.jpg

This is a much better pic. Gives you a lot better idea of what we will see next Friday. The likeness looks a lot better in this pic than the original one which is a bit fuzzy..

I'm definitely stoked to see this. I would've like a Leia or Lando, but I like a Qui-Gon more. Can't wait for St. Paddy's day.

gdb said:
I KNOW this is a trick of the lighting, but does anyone else see Phil Hartman dressed at Jesus?
That's it, Phil Hartman! I knew he reminded me of someone.

gdb said:
I KNOW this is a trick of the lighting, but does anyone else see Phil Hartman dressed at Jesus?
Yes! Now I want it even more.

He's even doing the hand thing like the GG bust!

Wor-Gar said:
Crowe might have made an interesting Qui-Gon.

But Episode I would have ended differently: Instead of getting stabbed through the chest, Qui-Gon would have beaten Maul over the head with a space telephone, ending the fight then and there.

Back