12 inch SW box info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the Toys McCoy box, I'm realizing something I really enjoy: Putting the figure together. Indy looks pretty naked without all his stuff. I feel the same way looking at Luke, or G.W. or even the DiD figures, which come almost completely stripped down.

I'm going to enjoy putting it all together! I'm also thinking about creating some kind of small display base for extra hands.

I hope to God SS does some Indiana Jones figures in the future. I would love to see that...

Glad to hear all the positive comments on the box. The box in the photos is a pre-production sample, so the final boxes will be more refined. Pete did a great job on this one. It's interesting to see the Toys McCoy box...I'd never seen it before.

Well, I worked it out so I will have Luke, Anakin, and Obi-Wan all coming my way.

Regular Editions, but, that is fine by me.

I am gonna pass on Kit Fisto thou.

I love the packaging in this series.

It is an awesome design, and a great way to start off what will no doubt be an awesome line. I love that it has no twist-ties!!:joy Sweet!!

I always open my figures, unless I get more than one... which I sadly have done in the past. The boxes I always use as backdrops for the characters, highlighting the film they hail from. But now I have more options, I can do either and it changes nothing. Very cool Sideshow, awesome idea! The layout is very cool as well, I love the colors. Picture selection could not be better on the back, especially the elevator and Pyre pics...

That's what makes Sideshow so much better than other companies... You know that the guys who sculpt these and design the boxes are fans. It's so evident in everything they do, that so much care was taken to satisfy their inner dork. And if anything, we Star Wars fans are picky... so it's good to see that our standards are exceeded with this figure's packaging as well as everything else!!...:banana

Shout out to Pete who just registered here today - come bask in the praise the box is getting! I dare you!

cool! :joy Hope to see him on here sometime! I'm sure he would get a kick out of how many of us really appreciate the work he's done on this new box!

What's up Kids!
Sideshow Pete here, thanking you for all of the great feedback on the new SW package. That was a fun one to work on. I had seen the movies many times before starting this project, but now I think I may be up there in the triple digits.... Anyway, 12" Han just went up for pre-order and the office is all a-twitter. Well gotta get back to Anakin.

Keep it for reals homeskillet

P-

Good work Pete! Can't wait to have it in hand!! And good luck with finding the perfect images for Anakin. You picked the best ones for Luke (especially the Vader Pyre and elevator shots!), will be excited to see the rest when they are completed. :joy :joy

Keep it up man, and good luck with the Han choas today!:horror

There is not one SSC box that I have kept. Every single one has been scanned and tossed. I have on occassion, cut off the front flap to use as a backdrop, but never, never have I kept the boxes intact. Until now. I don't have the heart to destroy or toss this packaging. It's too awesome. Great job, Pete. I can't wait to see this box with other figures in it. Palpatine, Vader, Yoda, etc, etc.

Customikey said:
There is not one SSC box that I have kept. Every single one has been scanned and tossed. I have on occassion, cut off the front flap to use as a backdrop, but never, never have I kept the boxes intact. Until now. I don't have the heart to destroy or toss this packaging. It's too awesome. Great job, Pete. I can't wait to see this box with other figures in it. Palpatine, Vader, Yoda, etc, etc.

Really?! I display them! Theyre wonderful

Well, for the most part, SSC just puts a picture of the figure on the cover. Granted, they've done that here as well, but they've also added much more to the Star Wars boxes, to say nothing of the new design, which is wonderful. I'm not all that interested in displaying in box, as SSC figures look 100% better once out.

I'm glad so much attention is being paid to the box design. I keep them all. I love that you can display the figure in the box, but figures always look better when removed. Does anyone know if the 12" LOTR line will use the same design?

Yeah, I'm really interested in what they will do with the LOTR boxes... seeing as though they have tons of accessories so far. Maybe even more than the SW characters have had. I mean.. Aragorn has a ton of stuff with him.

Maybe they will reuse the design for those as well.... I guess we will have to wait and see..

Customikey said:
Well, for the most part, SSC just puts a picture of the figure on the cover. Granted, they've done that here as well, but they've also added much more to the Star Wars boxes, to say nothing of the new design, which is wonderful. I'm not all that interested in displaying in box, as SSC figures look 100% better once out.

Oh, dont get me wrong. I take the figures out asap! I just display the boxes too.:D

Back