12 inch SW box info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely awesome.

You took the best of Medicom being the double clamshell but made an infinitely nicer box design.

And thank you thank you THANK YOU, for changing that toothpick saber blade!

Kudos!

Yeah, the lightsaber blades have been my only consistant criticism so far and now that's gone.

The box looks fantastic, almost makes me wish I wasn't an opener!

Raven said:
Lightsaber does not ignite.

Hey, somebody had to say it! :p

Yeah, they will probably have to add that disclaimer to the box as well eventually. :D

Looks great!

Not that I'd leave mine in the box but I like the idea that they've made it easy for us to take him out and put him back with no damage to the box! :banana

If I ever decided to sell in the future, at least I could repackage him... not that I'm planning on doing so! :D

PsychoCenobite :cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
Lightsaber does not ignite.

Hey, somebody had to say it!

Yeah, they will probably have to add that disclaimer to the box as well eventually.

I think they said it's actually on the box already, not that that will stop people. :D

What I want to know is if this is the same material all the other Sabers have been made from. Looks to be the same, but can't tell for sure. A solid color would be disappointing. I want 'em clear. Give us the option to ignite our own sabers! Um...something didn't sound right there...

I'm also concerned about paint rubs. There doesn't seem to be much room between the figure and the plastic window. The face and clothes could easily rub against the plastic and mess up a fine paint job. I fired off a question in the main section. Hopefully it will be addressed.

Last edited:
The box really does look fantastic. Kudos to the design team! :clap But honestly, for me I could care less. Since I open everything anyway, I wouldn't care if you shipped the stuff in a brown paper bag full of packing peanuts. Especially if it would lower the price. :D However, I'm sure MOC collectors are ecstatic. Also, I'm curious if you've received any feedback from retail B&M stores on the new design. If so, are they happy or indifferent since the box will be slightly larger and take up more shelf space. I ask because I know that was an issue with Toybiz and the 6" figures in the old style moon boxes which is a main reason they when to the later style smaller packaging.

Well the only thing keeping it from being MIB is a piece of tape!

If even that (sheesh since when was there a limit on message length?)

Fritz said:
Also, I'm curious if you've received any feedback from retail B&M stores on the new design. If so, are they happy or indifferent since the box will be slightly larger and take up more shelf space.

This is just a hunch, but I don't see this line of figures sitting on store shelves long enough for this to be an issue. The figures the retail stores get in can be set in front of the cash register and will be sold in a day or two--I don't see the SW 12" line being shelf warmers.

At least maybe until the enthusiasm for the line slows down, some time around 2012.

Just got a chance to look at the Star Wars box pics, and it seems like Sideshow has evolved their production in so many respects with the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings lines. Computer upgrades, the box redesigns, the sheer quality of sculpts and numbers of accessories... Thanks Sideshow, we are really spoiled as collectors!!

Extra thanks for the no twisties and dental floss, I can throw away my wire snippers! yay!

It appears that that my assumption was correct. The box does look like the Toys McCoy Indian Jones box.

I'm glad SS followed in the footsteps of Takara and Medicom and got rid of those dang twisties. Excellent!!:banana

is it just me or does the pic of Luke in box look like its a bigger head and nose? Prob just me though. Love the box design, thanks sideshow you rock!:rock

That Indiana Jones is very cool. I wish I had one...

I just looked it up on eBay.

Over $600 for one. :horror

Out of my price range.

Back