12 Inch Figure Environments

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dorgmal. :google

I can't wait to see how this one turns out. :lol

Me too but don't tell my Mrs!! Its a long term project.

falcon3.jpg

Remember when some folks were saying Sideshow would pass the savings from producing an unlicensed product onto the customers?

Dorgmal you are an absolute nut :lol!!!

Funny thing is right now its so bare bones, but knowing you its gonna be kickass once completed :rock

I think SSC is just trying to market to a wider audience. Smart move, I think. If you market it as the Bespin outcropping or whatever, well then it only works with Bespin Luke, but this way it could work for several brands!

AND they don't have to pay a licensing fee! Win / win!

I agree. I would use a thesaurus to look up a longer word that means agree to get past the 10 character minimum, but I don't want to look pretentious.

This definately a long project. Most of those who know me no I work pretty fast on stuff. But I want to take some time with this as I have learnt so much from other smaller projects that I have done. I really want to get some lights in it and that is something I have not really done before.
Also, I know I have not finished it and I think its gonna be a year in the making, but if any body wants it eventually let me know, but its gonna be big, real big.

Dorgmal

It's gonna be big, that's for sure, the first time I looked at it I thought those were Hasbro 3 3/4" figures.

This definately a long project. Most of those who know me no I work pretty fast on stuff. But I want to take some time with this as I have learnt so much from other smaller projects that I have done. I really want to get some lights in it and that is something I have not really done before.
Also, I know I have not finished it and I think its gonna be a year in the making, but if any body wants it eventually let me know, but its gonna be big, real big.

Dorgmal

Are you designing it so that it could be possibly shipped in multiple sections that could then be easily assembled once it arrives?

I would love to but it would just be too complicated for my tiny brain to handle. I want it so that the whole top lifts off so it has easy access. But I am working on some Death star corridors. I want these to be in sections so they can be flat packed and you can join a few up. I want to get one done for my boys birthday in a couple of weeks. So I will post pics as soon as I have made a start. Too little time and too many ideas!! Wish I had a business mind so I could make a living from playing with dollies LOL

Dorgmal

Cheers man. One day when I am not broke I will buy a Jabba and throne and build a mighty diorama like never before...... one day

You guys crack me up! A Falcon cockpit!! That would be massive and really heavy, with lights what a totally mad idea...it would take years to build and no one would buy it. You would have to be a complete fool with cheese for brains and........

falcon3.jpg

:lol:rotfl:lol
Awesome! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

You guys crack me up! A Falcon cockpit!! That would be massive and really heavy, with lights what a totally mad idea...it would take years to build and no one would buy it. You would have to be a complete fool with cheese for brains and........

falcon3.jpg

You sir, are a mad genius! :bow:bow:bow

That's brilliant! Please keep us posted as things progress! Can't wait to see!

:rock:rock:rock

I love how in the picture, Han looks like he's really trying to get into the whole pantomime thing. But Luke looks bored stiff!

LOL you guys are so switched on translating my pics! I was so going for the Panto vibe, He's behind you Han, Ow no he isn't.
I am looking forward to it. But you should check out Anzik environment hes built. It mad as am doing the same thing. We are both getting ready for Vaders arrival.

This is Anziks. It is totally brilliant.

waiting4vader1.jpg

waiting4vader2.jpg

Thank you kindly DS! I cannot wait to see what you cook up, you have been a huge inspiration for me to get off my butt and work on this stuff again.
The rear lighted panels were my first attempt a couple years ago and are out of scale but they will be redone. When its finished it will include the blast doors and the walls on the other side of the chamber. the lights in the panels are actually round acrylic pieces so that light can be placed behind them.
Here's the progress shot:
waiting3.jpg

Back