12" Darth Maul "aggressive" sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just took some quick pics. Lighting was horrible but I didn't have much time to futz. I spent the past 2 days designing a new system for this. I did some heavy modification to your head and the Sideshow head so that I could swap them out easily. I pulled out my Hologram Mech chair, and didn't think an aggressive sculpt would work to show alongside that, so now I have display options. I used the double ball joints from HLJ and hot glue (thanks unsung I never would have thought to use this but it's my new favorite) to make the modifications. Now I need to repaint the Sideshow head and make some leather boots to make the feet poseable. Thanks for an amazing sculpt!
Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture007.jpg

yls09302.jpg

Just took some quick pics. Lighting was horrible but I didn't have much time to futz. I spent the past 2 days designing a new system for this. I did some heavy modification to your head and the Sideshow head so that I could swap them out easily. I pulled out my Hologram Mech chair, and didn't think an aggressive sculpt would work to show alongside that, so now I have display options. I used the double ball joints from HLJ and hot glue (thanks unsung I never would have thought to use this but it's my new favorite) to make the modifications. Now I need to repaint the Sideshow head and make some leather boots to make the feet poseable. Thanks for an amazing sculpt!
Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture007.jpg

yls09302.jpg

Awesome! Glad you were able to get them to switch out! Now, that last pic is interesting, I hated casting all those neck pins. Where did you find that?

Also, if you plan on making some real leather Frank Thomas boots, I have plenty of reference pics of the real thing for you!

The ball joints come from Hobby Link Japan (HLJ). Got them under Supplies.
https://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist
I might take you up on the boot reference pics, I have a few but more is always better. It might be another few years before I get to it though.

Oh btw, these are the ones that are good for larger neck joints.
https://www.hlj.com/product/YLS09303

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks!

And here...boot pics, let me know if you need other angles and I'll take some more.

titan_101.jpg

right.jpg

left.jpg

Thanks for the reference shots, they will really come in handy.
Just tried taking a few more but still need to work on lighting. I also just realized (though I knew this would happen) that the paint is starting to wear off of the horns from all of the handling I've been doing to it. :banghead :gah: I'll probably just display the original SS head with it on the stand like in these shots and leave your custom on the body. I think I'll also have to swap out the body now that I realize how limiting and crappy these old Buck bodies are. :slap He can't hold or get into action poses and the joints are a little floppy on him.
Still in awe of this sculpt, thanks again!
Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Mine arrived today, thanks so much Unsung, such an awesome piece.I cant wait to finally unbox my Maul and place your work on there.I'll display him proudly.

I was so excited to open the box you posted him in , love the maul pic on the outter box. Nice touch !

Cheers.

Echo that for me. Cheers mate! :)

Mine arrived today, thanks so much Unsung, such an awesome piece.I cant wait to finally unbox my Maul and place your work on there.I'll display him proudly.

I was so excited to open the box you posted him in , love the maul pic on the outter box. Nice touch !

Cheers.

So you both got him? I checked the tracking numbers yesterday and nothing had updated. Please leave some feedback in the feedback thread and I will do the same!

Back