Action Figure 12" Custom teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I stuck the shirt in a quart of water with about 1/4 cup of bleach...I don't know what I'm expecting, a magical instantaneous change in color but 15 minutes later nothing is happening. Is this supposed to take hours or do I need more bleach or what?

It should lighten up after a bit. Just make sure you rinse it too, otherwise the bleach will eat it.

Do they sell a similar shirt to Duke's, with roll up sleeves? I'd like it to be as close as possible to be consistent with the others.

This probably sounds like shortcutting but I think its fun to use as many similar parts from the SSC figures as possible, sort of in tradition to how Hasbro reused torsos or legs (and in the early days even heads) for certain figures.

So I try to use the same boots, pants, shirts, etc if possible.

Gotta agree with you guys. Utilizing the SSC parts for customs is a great thing. I buy extras whenever I can. I haven't tried dying the Joe unis yet, but the Cobra ones dye well.

I really hope that they continue to give us up to date weapons as well as the classics (like the Viper and Stalker) so that we have the ability to keep it original if we wanted.

Can't wait for Rock 'n Roll to be parted out.

John

well I tried dying the Duke shirt to a light blue. I had a pair of pants that I also dyed. The pants came out great, but as the Duke shirt was more of a yellow than a tan the shirt came out sorta greenish. Will have to keep looking.

I'll probably salvage the shirt by dying it a dark green and using it for some thing else.

Great to hear that the Cobra uniforms dye well. I was thinking of bashing a Jungle trooper.

When you dye the Cobra ones does it affect the Cobra logo at all??

The only problem with dyeing the Cobra uniform is that you can't dye the stitching. Cobra logo darkens little if using dark colors (ex. black, navy blue)

You could very carefully paint the stitching, acrylics should stick.

Back