12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello , just want to ask i just preordered a commander cody troper is it possible to have the human head inside the tropper helmit?
i think it was possible with the marmits right.

hello , just want to ask i just preordered a commander cody troper is it possible to have the human head inside the tropper helmit?
i think it was possible with the marmits right.

Typically its just a separate head

I seem to remember reading somewhere (and I do not remember where, or even if it was official) that they are not likely to do figures that the helmets can slip on over the heads as it would damage the portrait's paint eventually.

Anybody else remember that or was it all a Sideshow Star Wars figure-induced halucination?

I don't remember anything about paint. The only statement from Sideshow I recall on the subject said they were too tricky because of scale.

Yup, because of their figures having sculpted hair, to make wearable helmets, you'd have to sculpt hair to fit and then with the helmet off they'd look silly.

I think their solution is fine, you either want it on or off, other than the "neat" factor of being able to put it on and off, there's really no purpose, the final look of your figure doesn't require that functionality.

Of course, I am a bit hypocritical on this because I do firmly believe ROTJ Vader should have working reveal helmet.

Got mine last night, I swapped out the head for a clone helm like in the cartoon network short.

IMG_0776.jpg

Was this just a straight head swap? I have an extra CloneObi and this would make good use of him. Just need the extra Clone head.

Was this just a straight head swap? I have an extra CloneObi and this would make good use of him. Just need the extra Clone head.

Yea just a strait head swap. was really easy the only thing that gave me issue was the neck piece for the suit getting everything back in there. But def easy and quick.

the head sculpt of kenobi in clone armor is the same of the AOTC Kenobi?

the head sculpt of kenobi in clone armor is the same of the AOTC Kenobi?

Mostly, the base sculpt is the same except that the Ep 2 figure has a neck sculpted to it and the Clone has a separate neck and head. The real difference is the paint apps, the Clone figure got a great paint job and the Ep 2 got a so-so one.

I'd say the difference in the paint apps is a matter of preference....

The CW one is a little cleaner, but the eyes feature an almost "eye-liner"-type look (which may appeal to those "pirate"-loving folks around here :) ) and the beard is more sharply defined and cleaner while the AOTC one isn't as heavy-paint looking...

They're both great figures...

wow, what a figure, i've bought the first one the last week (kenobi ep III), and i just ordered the kenobi in clone armor.
i noticed kenobi ep III it look better in reality than in photo...
for a star wars fan these figure are like drugs...
poor my wallet...:slap

wow, what a figure, i've bought the first one the last week (kenobi ep III), and i just ordered the kenobi in clone armor.
i noticed kenobi ep III it look better in reality than in photo...
for a star wars fan these figure are like drugs...
poor my wallet...:slap

Welcome to the end my friend...

I wish SideShow would do that Amidala in the red dress. With some light up globes at the bottom, this would be epic.

I agree!

I'd LOVE to see her in her red gown when she address's the Senate as well.

While the body sucked, Hasbro did a really good job on that one. It still holds up well.

I agree. The custom I posted (with the Snowbunny Padme hs) is about 60% finished... I still have to set up the globes with lights as well as some other minor touch ups. In addition to the 1/6 I'd really like a PF of this version-- as next to Maul she's really the most recognizable from TPM. But enough highjacking of this thread-- I just wanted to show fabio the slippery slope that he precariously stands upon-- but it is a fun descent.

Back