12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok , the other day finally took him out of the box, one of my favourite figures now.

But I can't beleive what I did, I need a "Learners Permit" while handling these figures.. lol

I broke the back of his belt fiddling around..super glue time...

So here's a pic with belt not fitted properly (Live with it , I have to lol)

DSCF0226.jpg

made a little fx video... hope you don't mind i used your image as a base maulfan

looking at it now... the shadows on his cheek are all sorts of wrong, but meh.
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/rKfwFw7s-vQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

It's definitely not mine, just went through all my Kenobi shots, not sure who's it is, I can't identify it by lighting and background, which is a giveaway for some folks, these are the only shots I've got with the Rex holo.

11.jpg

21.jpg

anyone has that Hologram of Captain Rex (the exclusive accessory) for sale? am looking to get one. please help me out here

Has anyone had problems with the black undersuit deteriorating? I want to get this but with a limited budget I'm worried about the lifespan of figures that use rubber materials. :(

Has anyone had problems with the black undersuit deteriorating? I want to get this but with a limited budget I'm worried about the lifespan of figures that use rubber materials. :(

I don't think the undersuit is rubber... its a somewhat shiny material but I haven't heard of any issues or even been concerned about longevity.

the undersuit is made of that pleather material that some companies use to make leather pants and jackets. it's not rubber. shouldn't have a problem with deterioration.

I wouldn't say shouldn't have a problem. I used to think Hasbro and Medicom's Vader figures were made with a pleather material but, through my own experience with Hasbro, and reports I've read with Medicom, some of these "pleather" pieces are just cloth with an almost painted layer to give it the leathery surface, and that material can deteriorate and flake off leaving just plain cloth. The whole suit won't break down, but you will lose the shiny effect. It doesn't surprise me to find Hasbro using something so cheap, but when Medicom uses it at the price of their figures, it's concerning.

Has anyone tried putting the ROTS Obi-Wan head on this body? I'm wondering how it would look, since I love the Gentle Giant one that has this body but with Obi's shorter hair and fuller beard. But the ROTS head is a little on the big side, so I wonder if it would look too big on the smallish clone general body.

Honestly can't remember if I've seen that or not... my guess is it would be fine. But you'd need a neck adapter to get the ROTS sculpt to work with the armored body.

Back