12" ANH Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adam, any chance of getting some shots of the portrait from a more frontal or upper angle as opposed to looking from a downward perspective.

I'll work on it, try to take some pics tomorrow when the light is better. These were just quick pics to see how it was progressing; I find that photography 'sees' things my eye usually misses in person.

Adam, a question, can Leia's belt actually be easily removed or is it glued? Didn't try with mine but I've heard it was glued shut.

I'll work on it, try to take some pics tomorrow when the light is better. These were just quick pics to see how it was progressing; I find that photography 'sees' things my eye usually misses in person.

Indeed, I've done some custom painting before, I'm working on a Darth Maul that I need to start over, when I was working the eyes looked fine then I snapped some pictures and I went "****!" that looks horrible :lol So it is helpful to see things from another perspective. She looks good so far, the eyes look very nicely done, but as you pointed out, she's only 5' so most of the time you see her on screen, the camera's above looking down on her. Keep us posted on your efforts though. What body did you put the head on?

Adam, a question, can Leia's belt actually be easily removed or is it glued? Didn't try with mine but I've heard it was glued shut.

It's glued closed. I had to cut it in the back, and then use a bit of wire run through two holes I augered in the leather of the belt to join them back together. A temporary solution; besides, her white hood covers the belt in the back anyways...

Indeed, I've done some custom painting before, I'm working on a Darth Maul that I need to start over, when I was working the eyes looked fine then I snapped some pictures and I went "****!" that looks horrible :lol So it is helpful to see things from another perspective. She looks good so far, the eyes look very nicely done, but as you pointed out, she's only 5' so most of the time you see her on screen, the camera's above looking down on her. Keep us posted on your efforts though. What body did you put the head on?

It's an Obitsu female body, from Japan. Well, eBay, actually. Paid $14 for it. It's really petite, but with nice boobs and butt, so there's SOME kind of feminity making its presence known under the white fabric. The Obitsu bodies have good joints, so they hold poses well. The neck IS long, I just haven't gone in and made the adjustments to the base of the head yet, as that requires a Dremel, a dust-mask, and a shop-vac.

Last edited:
Atom...you work is really good, but she's starting to slide towards being a little too "glam" like the PF version...again, the quality of your "make-up" is really good though....

I really appreciate the critique, but I have to admit, I'm not sure what you're getting at. How was the Premium Format 'glam', and how is my custom 'glam'?

I'm not trying to be a smart@$$; I don't know exactly what you mean, and can't make use of constructive criticism if I can't dope it out...

Teaser pic!

leiascellteaser.jpg

Just a little too pretty is all. That's not a bad thing, but if you look at Carrie, she's not the "model" type...her face has character. The 1:6 sculpt has that character...the PF just looks like a beautiful model, nicely made up...very little of Carrie's unique look comes through. Just my opinion...not sayin' there's anything wrong with that....or your work.

Thanks for the constructive words; I truly do appreciate the help.

However, I wonder if you might be mentally cross-wiring the unique look of Carrie Fisher, the actress, and the way that Princess Leia actually looked in ANH. Check out these images I used for reference when tweaking the head. Screencaps don't lie: Leia had on a ridiculous amount of blush and eyeshadow in Star Wars; she was pretty 'glam'.

Last edited:
I think the paint job looks glorious, and I agree its the right the amount of blush and makeup. I do think it does have a sort of rubbery baby doll shine though it could be just the lighting.

I think the paint job looks glorious, and I agree its the right the amount of blush and makeup. I do think it does have a sort of rubbery baby doll shine though it could be just the lighting.

You're right; it's the lighting. These were just quick pics, not meant for sharing, quality-wise. I promised someone I'd get some different angles today, with better lighting.

Adam

Geez. I'm getting old. Today is the first day that I've looked at pictures of Leia and thought "wow, she was a kid!"

I'm going to get drunk now.

Save me one. I look at her at 19 and think "I'm old enough to be her dad."

It's rough when I think "I'm 9 years older than Sean Connery was when he played Bond in DR. NO."

Now, I realize I'm the same age as Harrison Ford when he played Indy the first time.

Age hurts. Booze heals.

Back