1/6th Scale Sideshow Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aside from cost the main issue I have with getting this is I'm not sure where I'd store it. I don't have a permanent place to display it and it looks like a big and heavy box to stash away until I do.

Box is huge and I didn't have space for it. At the time I ordered I decided to get this and the speeder bike and decide which one to keep once they were both in hand. The speeder bike won out in the end, box for the speeder bike is similar in size to the Stormtrooper two-pack whereas the tauntaun box was a bit larger than the size of a roller board suitcase.

It's a fantastic piece though. I really just don't have room for lots of the stuff I already have, always trying to trim down.

Some amazing shots over the last few days of this figure with riders. Despite what some may say, these are great and a centerpiece of many collections. I know I've had a few people saying this is their favorite piece in my display.

Box is huge and I didn't have space for it. At the time I ordered I decided to get this and the speeder bike and decide which one to keep once they were both in hand. The speeder bike won out in the end, box for the speeder bike is similar in size to the Stormtrooper two-pack whereas the tauntaun box was a bit larger than the size of a roller board suitcase.

It's a fantastic piece though. I really just don't have room for lots of the stuff I already have, always trying to trim down.
Yeah I've seen pictures and videos of the box and it looks pretty damn massive. I've thought about getting one of the two bigger items between the TaunTaun and the Speeder Bike. Already have a Scout Trooper so maybe I'll pass on this piece and get the Speeder Bike instead. I could store that size box easier.

There have been a couple nice deals on the bike--$240 shipped during the Black Friday weekend I think (from Forbidden Planet NYC) was the best I ever saw. They both have their merits. I think the tauntaun is a more impressive piece but as I don't have the dewback but do have the probe droid I figured I could go with a small vehicles/droids of Star Wars display rather than creatures. Not sure what else might come out in 1/6 that would be reasonable size-wise. Land speeder or Snowspeeder seem too big.

There have been a couple nice deals on the bike--$240 shipped during the Black Friday weekend I think (from Forbidden Planet NYC) was the best I ever saw. They both have their merits. I think the tauntaun is a more impressive piece but as I don't have the dewback but do have the probe droid I figured I could go with a small vehicles/droids of Star Wars display rather than creatures. Not sure what else might come out in 1/6 that would be reasonable size-wise. Land speeder or Snowspeeder seem too big.
If Sideshow did another Dewback I'd probably be all over it. My display is definitely going to be very A New Hope heavy with emphasis on Tatooine so it'd be a perfect fit. I refuse to pay the prices the original release goes for now though. That's another reason I've contemplated getting the TaunTaun now. I'm afraid once it sells out everywhere it'll skyrocket in price too. The Speeder Bike seems nice but maybe not quite worth the price in my opinion. Still I think with a Scout on it that it might be an impressive display.

I grabbed the speeder bike for $180 shipped from popculcha, should have grabbed two looking back. It's a very nice piece but underscaled a bit.

For me I go:

1) Dewback
2) Probedroid
3) TaunTaun
4) Speeder Bike

If the Tauntaun didn't have the neck seam it would be a sold number 2 and might get to 1 but it's just really obvious to me out of the box and knowing its there draws my eyes to it on display.

Sideshow should do a Wampa in polystone, it would definitely sell well. A land speeder could work in 1/6 wouldn't be any bigger of a footprint than the dewback with stand I would think.

I've got the Probe Droid on pre-order from BBTS. Might grab a Hoth Han to pose with it at some point. I do agree about the seam on the TaunTaun being rather unsightly. One of the only downfalls of an otherwise nice piece but it's a fairly large downfall. A Wampa done with real rooted hair like the Hot Toys Chewbacca would be amazing. Only thing is I'd like to have the Hoth Luke to go with it but the Wampa attack sculpt looks awful in my opinion.

Holy gulag!

You wife gave you the entire dining room...??? Also baby-safe? (or puppy safe?)

Actually she gave me both front rooms. The dining room and formal living room. I converted that one into a game room/display room for me and the kids.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451775786.001467.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451775795.522222.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451775804.638086.jpg

Puppy proof! LOL

I grabbed the speeder bike for $180 shipped from popculcha, should have grabbed two looking back. It's a very nice piece but underscaled a bit.

For me I go:

1) Dewback
2) Probedroid
3) TaunTaun
4) Speeder Bike

If the Tauntaun didn't have the neck seam it would be a sold number 2 and might get to 1 but it's just really obvious to me out of the box and knowing its there draws my eyes to it on display.

Sideshow should do a Wampa in polystone, it would definitely sell well. A land speeder could work in 1/6 wouldn't be any bigger of a footprint than the dewback with stand I would think.

Yeah, would love to see a landspeeder, just probably too big for me, but maybe I'll have a bigger display space eventually. Maybe HT will turn one out. I think your order seems about right, hokie. I haven't seen the dewback but it looks pretty phenomenal.

I've got the Probe Droid on pre-order from BBTS. Might grab a Hoth Han to pose with it at some point. I do agree about the seam on the TaunTaun being rather unsightly. One of the only downfalls of an otherwise nice piece but it's a fairly large downfall. A Wampa done with real rooted hair like the Hot Toys Chewbacca would be amazing. Only thing is I'd like to have the Hoth Luke to go with it but the Wampa attack sculpt looks awful in my opinion.

Yeah, the seam bugged me but most of the time I had it at an angle where it wasn't at all noticeable. I think the scales of the dewback works better in terms of realism than the fur of the statue format, so that one might always win out despite the tauntaun being such an awesome beast with more screen time.

Lol that's awesome Jim! I spy a Dash Rendar Outrider top right shelf.......

Indeed you do. Loved Shadows. The Falcon is too big to sit on top of the shelf so it has its own end table to rest on. It's on the left side of the couch sticking out if you can see it.

A day earlier than expected! This box is BIG.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452197194.657911.jpg

My ride is around here somewhere .. This can't be right??! Says.. I'm standing on it??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452197217.368208.jpg

This is a pretty cool hobby. Expensive to be sure but toys for adults do put a smile on my face.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452210961.031690.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1452211018.670389.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1452211071.881253.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1452211096.176918.jpg

And what is he aiming at u ask?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452211134.511949.jpg

Back