1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not liking the BD sculpt for sure (though to be fair, Hamill's face was swollen and quite bloodied after Wampa,) but the rest of the figure looks pretty great to me, and is an okay value. Go to eBay and look up what a lit Luke saber and a Luke gunbelt is going for. This comes with two sabers, the gunbelt and pistol, and they should be close to HT quality.

This fig appears to me to be the luck of the draw with the eyes (like Han Hoth) - some look quite bad, others look pretty good. Hope I luck out with decent eyes on both my figs.:panic:

I've seen pics of both Luke and Han that make me really excited for them to arrive, then I've seen others that make me want to cancel. My guess is it's a combination of pics of widely varying quality (some distorted cellphone pics, bad lighting etc) and also sculpts of widely varying quality. If you can't see the potential for these figs in Stealth or Paramore's pics, then you obviously won't be happy with it. To me, Han looked incredible in some of those pics, and Luke hasn't quite had his moment to shine yet.

I can definitely see the potential for this figure, though nothing will fix the sculpt or eyes for me - I was wondering if the face could be cut out of the hat somehow and then replaced with one of those knock off Bespin Luke heads. That plus a transfer to slim TT would probably be the route I'd go. If I sold the hatless sculpt that would probably pay for the slim TT and the KO head. This hobby really makes you work...

I can definitely see the potential for this figure, though nothing will fix the sculpt or eyes for me

Wow, I find it incredible that anyone would consider replacing this face with HT's Bespin Luke. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but that's like putting the guts of a Macbook inside a Dell notebook enclosure.

Oh goody. People are still complaining about this doll.

I like reading through this thread. So many people post multiple times about the same thing. It is funny actually. I mean if you are going to complain just do it once and leave this thread, don't keep doing it multiple times.

I like reading through this thread. So many people post multiple times about the same thing. It is funny actually. I mean if you are going to complain just do it once and leave this thread, don't keep doing it multiple times.

Some people have nothing better to do in their lives than attack others for liking something. It's pathetic.

Some people have nothing better to do in their lives than attack others for liking something. It's pathetic.

Yes it is. I stated my opinion once. I complemented the great pics. Then left. No harm no foul. But then I see the same people attacking this figure. Just stop. You don't like it, okay we get that. You said your peace, no need to keep repeating it. Lots of people like this figure, let them discuss it and post pics in peace.

Luke weathered up too

great looking set, the snow really finishes them off, I particularirly like it applied to Hans costume...great job
I may have to reconsider buying these. I wanted a luke tauntaun combo just couldn't fit them budget wise, may have to reconsider
:) These 2 bring back great Kenner memories

Height: take a look at the recent side by side again and look at Han's legs - what's up with the lack of fabric below the padded areas around the knees of the pants?

Now look at the images on Sideshow's site.

Notice how on Sideshow's site Han always has more space below the knee compared to Luke? They both have the same height in their specs, but I wonder if Sideshow did in fact create two different height bodies (using pegs or what-have-you) and they were incorrectly assembled at the factory (wrong pegs, etc.)

Height: take a look at the recent side by side again and look at Han's legs - what's up with the lack of fabric below the padded areas around the knees of the pants?

Notice how on Sideshow's site Han always has more space below the knee compared to Luke? They both have the same height in their specs, but I wonder if Sideshow did in fact create two different height bodies (using pegs or what-have-you) and they were incorrectly assembled at the factory (wrong pegs, etc.)

Bruce Jenner as Luke? :huh
Thinking the same too, factory screw up, definately a difference despite people's claims, Any body with the set willing to do a body swap to try it out?

Hey if you want figures that look great out of the box, that's what HT is for. ;)

HT Indy looked better in the box actually. With the lid closed.

I can definitely see the potential for this figure, though nothing will fix the sculpt or eyes for me - I was wondering if the face could be cut out of the hat somehow and then replaced with one of those knock off Bespin Luke heads. That plus a transfer to slim TT would probably be the route I'd go. If I sold the hatless sculpt that would probably pay for the slim TT and the KO head. This hobby really makes you work...

I've seen in the custom threads that those knock off eBay Luke heads have some issues. Interestingly, their eyes look oddly molded (and have huge pupils) - wonder if it's the same issue SSC has had with Han and Luke.

great looking set, the snow really finishes them off, I particularirly like it applied to Hans costume...great job
I may have to reconsider buying these. I wanted a luke tauntaun combo just couldn't fit them budget wise, may have to reconsider
:) These 2 bring back great Kenner memories

:goodpost:

Bruce Jenner as Luke? :huh

That head in particular has a very noticeable droop in that right eye lid. Worse than the other figs we've seen. Hopefully SSC has a bunch of these Han and Luke heads (of each variety) on standby for customer swap-outs.

That's a bummer. I wonder if Sideshow would be wiling to correct this for those of us only getting one of these figures. Sure if you're getting both no big deal, swap the bodies and it's fixed. If you're only getting Han though it would be more involved change - at the very least buying a new body? It would be good to know the difference in the bodies, if it's just a matter of extension pegs or if it's something more involved.

I guess that's why Han has looked a bit dumpy in a few photos - he's too short. Easy fix at least ...

Wow, I find it incredible that anyone would consider replacing this face with HT's Bespin Luke. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but that's like putting the guts of a Macbook inside a Dell notebook enclosure.

I just think the likeness is better on the Bespin Luke, and would probably use the knock off version (but with the goggles down) if I ever go down this route.

So this figure is a Dell notebook enclosure? Harsh, even by my standards!

Back