1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the newer version of ESB Boba a quality made figure? I've been back and forth on him but hesitate to pull the trigger.

I personally love it. They did a major upgrade to the underlying body, the first one had joint issues. The armour is also much better than the Jango Fett they released.

I have both the HT deluxe and Sideshow Boba Fett, both are really nice, but I've always liked the ESB version better... mainly because that's my favorite movie in the series.

boba%20test4_zpslsx0jxfn.jpg

Superb work my friend. This is what this site is all about! Love it :hi5:

I have the version 1 as well as the Hot Toys ROTJ Fett. I was planning to sale my ESB version, but with sideshow releasing 4-LOM and the past Hunters I decided to keep him for the inevitable line up.

This weekend I decided to convert a more assetically pleasing version of the ESB suit, by switching to a slim body, repainting the Kermit green helmet with some clear washes, and using the Hot Toys chest/vest and boots. I may do a little more paint work on the chest armor, but overall I'm pretty happy with the results.
0711162049b~2.jpg

I have the version 1 as well as the Hot Toys ROTJ Fett. I was planning to sale my ESB version, but with sideshow releasing 4-LOM and the past Hunters I decided to keep him for the inevitable line up.

This weekend I decided to convert a more assetically pleasing version of the ESB suit, by switching to a slim body, repainting the Kermit green helmet with some clear washes, and using the Hot Toys chest/vest and boots. I may do a little more paint work on the chest armor, but overall I'm pretty happy with the results.
View attachment 276224

Looks good! Can you give us another angle so the helmet does not appear small (a straight on view)

The one that comes with a exclusive mandalorian base is v.1 or v.2?

That's V1.

The V2 armor is interesting.. in some lighting it looks dark enough to be ROTJ armor. Granted the V1 armor altogether is too light... looks like they just couldn't get it right could they lolz

Is the new one on the SS site worth going for? I don't have time to read through the whole thread and curious of its shortcomings. Can't decide if I should wait for the inevitable HT

So I have the EX version of the version one of those Fett released a few years ago I have a guy who's interested in just buying the figure and letting me keep the stand and maybe give him a few hands and then use the money I would buy to buy the new version do you think the new version has significant upgrades enough to Warrant replacing the current V.1 one I have now?

So I have the EX version of the version one of those Fett released a few years ago I have a guy who's interested in just buying the figure and letting me keep the stand and maybe give him a few hands and then use the money I would buy to buy the new version do you think the new version has significant upgrades enough to Warrant replacing the current V.1 one I have now?

If you can I'd say spring for it...especially if you make back the money or more that you bought the original for. I think the Ver 2 has better chest armor and more detailed paint.
I never had a problem with my Ver 1 and I also have the 1/4 HT version so I'm pretty good with Boba. I mean all figures have faults, even the 1/6 HT Boba seems off to me in ways.

I have the same debate with the SS Vader deluxe. But I always had a prob with the suit and helmet so I'm in the process of upgrading both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys I bought this boba fett figure of ebay, can you guys tell if its version 1 or the reissue 1.5? :dunno

$_57.JPG

Back