1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys I bought this boba fett figure of ebay, can you guys tell if its version 1 or the reissue 1.5? :dunno

You bought it without checking first? lol

It's the first release. It has the Bespin stand and the 2.0 doesn't have the separate accessory tray on the left there.

Is the new one on the SS site worth going for? I don't have time to read through the whole thread and curious of its shortcomings. Can't decide if I should wait for the inevitable HT

I've owned the 1.0 EX, and currently own the SSC 2.0 and HT Deluxe.

The 2.0 is a substantial improvement over the 1.0 in person. Despite the fewer hands (not missed) and less ornate base, the paint is far better and the armor is much improved. The body - often the Achilles heel for SSC - is solid. I personally prefer the simpler hexagonal base and really like the adjustable flight stand they include with the figure. The biggest drawback is the price. It would be better were it closer to the original release price, but the times are what they are.

Compared to the HT, the SSC Fett definitely feels just a little bit more toy-like. So if you want just a Boba Fett regardless of look, go with the Hot Toys. If you want an ESB Fett sooner rather than later, the 2.0 SSC is a solid figure overall (I'd give it a B+/A-). Though I would wait for an eligible coupon or discount.

I would still probably keep the 2.0 even if HT does one to go with the rest of the bounty hunters. You can always sell the 2.0 at a later date as well, though probably at somewhat of a loss if Hot Toys does release one. But that would probably be a long time from now.

I know what you mean but I'm not asking if its the 2.0 version which has a distinctly bluish tint on the clothes but the reissued version that came in 2015. Heres a link where they discuss it (https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-6th-scale-sideshow-boba-fett-figure-909.html) I'm not sure what I got.

Sorry, I didn't know about that reissue. Well, according to the thread, mine is 1.0. Mine has the floppy legs and straight chest plate. But it is an exclusive, then is kinda logical that's a v1.0.

Not sure about yours, though.

Just bought it off ebay and that is the best look of the figure the seller had, I honestly don't mind which version it is but looking at the forum and the existence of the 1.5 version peaked my curiosity.

Funny you ask my HT ROTJ belt is on route via EBay. It will be done. And when it is I will provide Picts!

Ok cool. I was thinking it's the one other mod piece I would like to put on my SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it is a different belt from movie to movie...but the HT pouches look better.

Oh, I think I had it mixed up with the reddish "honor sash" thing - was wondering if there was any difference Ht vs SSC.

Oh, I think I had it mixed up with the reddish "honor sash" thing - was wondering if there was any difference Ht vs SSC.

Oh haha no...
But myself and "Bo Shrek" have discussed having some different pieces, maybe inaccurate, on our pieces. I thinks it's neat to add a lil bit of this and that...in this case having ESB Boba Fett with the ROTJ belt and Jetpack.

Oh haha no...
But myself and "Bo Shrek" have discussed having some different pieces, maybe inaccurate, on our pieces. I thinks it's neat to add a lil bit of this and that...in this case having ESB Boba Fett with the ROTJ belt and Jetpack.

It's true. When I passed on the HT Fett I did want the HT jet pack. I also liked the real leather look of the HT pouche so I decided to buy that too. I'll replace the plastic SS with them. After that I think my SS will look good and pretty!

Has anyone modded this with the ROTJ belt?

My ROTJ belt arrived. Slight differences as ESB has the pouches over the pockets and ROTS has them in front (personally I like the ESB). I didn't want to get out my glue, scissors, etc out so I did the "quick and dirty". Basically I removed the SS pouches which were glued on the belt and returned it back to Fett's waist. I took the ROTJ removed the pockets, added back the side blaster and placed it right over the SS on Fett's waist, adjusted the pouched and done (15 minutes). Below are some shot (if you remember I also purchased the HT Jet pack a month or two ago). In the end I am very happy with my SS. Will Dengar and V2 Bossk be next.......

[/URL[URL=https://s966.photobucket.com/user/BoShrek/media/IMG_9911_zpsmbbtcvw6.jpg.html[URL=https://s966.photobucket.com/user/BoShrek/media/IMG_9913_zpsxwqk2mkz.jpg.html]
IMG_9911_zpsmbbtcvw6.jpg
[/URL] [/URL[URL=https://s966.photobucket.com/user/BoShrek/media/IMG_9918_zpsfpiarlis.jpg.html]

My ROTJ belt arrived. Slight differences as ESB has the pouches over the pockets and ROTS has them in front (personally I like the ESB). I didn't want to get out my glue, scissors, etc out so I did the "quick and dirty". Basically I removed the SS pouches which were glued on the belt and returned it back to Fett's waist. I took the ROTJ removed the pockets, added back the side blaster and placed it right over the SS on Fett's waist, adjusted the pouched and done (15 minutes). Below are some shot (if you remember I also purchased the HT Jet pack a month or two ago). In the end I am very happy with my SS. Will Dengar and V2 Bossk be next.......

[/URL[URL=https://s966.photobucket.com/user/BoShrek/media/IMG_9911_zpsmbbtcvw6.jpg.html[URL=https://s966.photobucket.com/user/BoShrek/media/IMG_9913_zpsxwqk2mkz.jpg.html]
IMG_9911_zpsmbbtcvw6.jpg
[/URL] [/URL[URL=https://s966.photobucket.com/user/BoShrek/media/IMG_9918_zpsfpiarlis.jpg.html]

Very nice! I much prefer the leather pockets on the ROTJ belt!

Finally got around to opening my 2nd version ssc Fett, and after comparing him to the 1st version, im really happy I decided to upgrade!

It's a really nice figure and looks on the shelf with the Hot Toys stuff. Sideshow did a really good job of addressing the faults on the 1st release imo.

d60b1fc4300c19955d3a90d8d9842071.jpg

It's so interesting to me that they still packaged the "Marmit" style Sidearm with the V2, even though it's very well known that it's actually a Pulce sidearm. That would've been a VERY welcomed updated for the V2 also. I like the marmit sidearm, but after HT took that faithful step made the pulce on the quarterscale figure (oddly enough on the ROTJ which doesn't carry this sidearm) I thought it was finally accepted as the truth and not an interpretation to what the sidearm looks like. *finger chin* Yes quite interesting if I don't say so myself. And I did.

In other news, the V2 looks bad ass standing next to that HT Fett. They don't look miles apart. They look good together. Good stuff.

And Bo Shek, Again, LOVE the custom ammo pouch you did.

It's so interesting to me that they still packaged the "Marmit" style Sidearm with the V2, even though it's very well known that it's actually a Pulce sidearm. That would've been a VERY welcomed updated for the V2 also. I like the marmit sidearm, but after HT took that faithful step made the pulce on the quarterscale figure (oddly enough on the ROTJ which doesn't carry this sidearm) I thought it was finally accepted as the truth and not an interpretation to what the sidearm looks like. *finger chin* Yes quite interesting if I don't say so myself. And I did.

In other news, the V2 looks bad ass standing next to that HT Fett. They don't look miles apart. They look good together. Good stuff.

And Bo Shek, Again, LOVE the custom ammo pouch you did.

funny you say that about the pistol! I was thinking thats the one area where they missed an opportunity. Also it looks a bit plasticky compared to the rest of the figure..

Honestly i didnt mention it though because its such a small aspect of the figure and doesnt take away from all the other improvements they did on this guy.

Last edited:
It's true, I mean it's never pulled from the holster, but just knowing that we know... I mean you know? lol. could've been cool

Back