1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The site says checking stock now... I've been hold off in the hopes that he'd go on sale today, but now it seems I was too late! :monkey2

Ditto :(

I guess I'll go for the white variant since I was going to pick it up anyway and wait for the ROTJ to represent his normal color scheme.

Boba had a really long run. Glad it's finally out of stock. I'd bet there's still a few around at everyone's LCS, if they want one.

Can anybody give some tips on any mods that can be done to the helmet at all please? (or if anyone knows what page such tips might be on?)

Im not really liking the helmet, it looks a little too 'big' or something. something just looks off.

Can anybody give some tips on any mods that can be done to the helmet at all please? (or if anyone knows what page such tips might be on?)

Im not really liking the helmet, it looks a little too 'big' or something. something just looks off.

1. Get yourself a Medicom Boba
2. Get yourself a Tomy helm.
3. Remove rangefinder/sides from Tomy and put on Medi helm.
4. Get a Hot Toys Slim body
5. Ditch the POS SSC helm. :dance

I did th flare mod, and I'm happy with the size so much so I bought a spare to replace medi jango's helm when I swapped it to a tt body

I didn't realize people hated the SSC helmet. I think it looks better than the Medicom one.

That is untill you hold side-by-side pics and notice the shape of the SS is off in a LOT of ways, most prominently in his T-visor. But also in the width of the helmet, as well as missing the triangular shapes on his "forehead".

2dv0wfr.jpg

Medi's Fett has a great sculpt, not so-great paint. Sideshow has a very bad sculpt, with good paint apps but far too brightly green. My Fett has Medi's sculpt, with Tomy's sides, with Sideshow's rangefinder. All repainted. It's weird how Sideshow put so much details in the paint apps to get the scratches júst right, but then completely neglected things as the earpiece's shape, the triangles, the T-visor, and overall shape of the helmet.

Franken-Fett is the way to go for me.

If you're not so much into the details of Fett, which you probably aren't if you like the SS that much, then more power to you! For me, SS is just not good enough for 200$. The quality is nice, but it lacks in certain details my OCD cant handle. Though mine ended up costing wáy too much to put together and still has things I am not quite happy with. (color of the flightsuit I dyed too blue)

Last edited:
That is untill you hold side-by-side pics and notice the shape of the SS is off in a LOT of ways, most prominently in his T-visor. But also in the width of the helmet, as well as missing the triangular shapes on his "forehead".

2dv0wfr.jpg

Medi's Fett has a great sculpt, not so-great paint. Sideshow has a very bad sculpt, with good paint apps but far too brightly green. My Fett has Medi's sculpt, with Tomy's sides, with Sideshow's rangefinder. All repainted. It's weird how Sideshow put so much details in the paint apps to get the scratches júst right, but then completely neglected things as the earpiece's shape, the triangles, the T-visor, and overall shape of the helmet.

If you're not so much into the details of Fett, which you probably aren't if you like the SS that much, then more power to you! For me, SS is just not good enough for 200$. The quality is nice, but it lacks in certain details my OCD cant handle. Though mine ended up costing wáy too much to put together and still has things I am not quite happy with. (color of the flightsuit I dyed too blue)

Ok, I understand what you're saying. I guess in the end I comparing the Paint apps. It's been awhile since I looked at an Actual photo of Boba and see what SSC did wrong.

Yes, I'll be the first to admit that I don't dislike figures that lack some accuracy. I usually just go by what I feel when I get the figure in Hand.

If it makes anyone feel better, I only paid 164for fett:lol

Ok, I understand what you're saying. I guess in the end I comparing the Paint apps. It's been awhile since I looked at an Actual photo of Boba and see what SSC did wrong.

Yes, I'll be the first to admit that I don't dislike figures that lack some accuracy. I usually just go by what I feel when I get the figure in Hand.

If it makes anyone feel better, I only paid 164for fett:lol

I suppose the paint apps are impressive indeed. If youre happy with it thats all that matters!

2dv0wfr.jpg

Your franken-fett looks great ec! Which body is yours on?
Im finding that the SS body is not so great when it comes to high/bent arm poses, his gauntlets keep pushing out the hands from the sockets when you get to a certain point.
I agree, SS did some great paint apps but neglected the major things, color/shape. I think my ocd is getting the better of me as well the more i fiddle with it. :(

Back