1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took a small rubber band (like the ones used for hair) and wrapped it around the sleeve. Then the gauntlet slipped on just fine w/o bunching up the fabric.

I use those rubber bands a lot for boots and gloved figures. W/o them its pretty difficult to keep a realistic "tucked in" look.

I'll see if I can find some...the ones I use for my hair would be too big. Maybe tying it with thread would work too.

Wrap some plumbers tape around the shaft of the wrist peg until it thickens the peg enough so that it grips the hole.

I'll try that...the other thought I had was to push a little something into the split to spread the peg out more, the two together ought to work well.

I'll see if I can find some...the ones I use for my hair would be too big. Maybe tying it with thread would work too.

If not, just go to the hair section of a store... you can buy a huge bag of them for like a $1. I bought some 4 or 5 years ago and still have a ____-ton of them :lol

to pull my sleeves thru the gauntlet i used one of these dental hooks i have. skinny enough to go all the way thru the gauntlet & grab frabic. no problem
url

these really come in handy for futzing your figs.

Who's the more foolish....Flosi or Barryo...Hmmmmm.........:dunno

https://youtu.be/O9gOk51hoqI

I'd say we're pretty close to being tied. :lecture

After two hours of modding the vest/futzing this figure, all I have to say is...I ____ing love it! I'm so relieved that the Fett ended up being as awesome as I hoped he would be. The braids and vest are very minor annoyances in the context of this overall awesome figure.

Joe Johnston tribute! Man, the Medi Rocketeer is looking worse all the time...

_MG_5980.jpg

There are a few more redundant photos in my collection thread :D

Nice, Dane!! Can't wait till I get home today! I reset all of my detolfs last night, dusted, windex, etc, and moved everything around to give Boba a spot on one of the top shelves. I'm ready. :yess:

dear Flosi,
i win..............you lose............. :yess:

bfdew.jpg

sincerely,
Barryo

p.s. mornin Flosi............:wave

You win... You win. :(

Morning Barry!!! :wave

What the hell is that hanging from the saddle?

Got mine today! I futzed with the vest on mine. I took it off and cut all the excess plastic off the inside except around the places where the armor was attached. Haven't messed with the braids yet.

016-2.jpg

017-3.jpg

019-2.jpg

015-2.jpg

Not too keen on the fact that the color of the base on Boba and IG-88 don't match. Boba's is orange and IG-88's is red.

012-2.jpg

Thanks for sharing, may i know by removing / cutting the excessive plastic improve the contour of the vest?

Thanks.

You win... You win. :(

Morning Barry!!! :wave

What the hell is that hanging from the saddle?

that's the exclusive desert survival gear............you didn't get the exclusive?........:wink1:

nah it's just something i had thrown on my old hasbro dewback when i was building it up with a "real" saddle, bags & various bits.

that's the exclusive desert survival gear............you didn't get the exclusive?........:wink1:

nah it's just something i had thrown on my old hasbro dewback when i was building it up with a "real" saddle, bags & various bits.

Yeah, I started cutting up my saddle bags and gear from the Hasbro Dewback for other projects. :lol

Boba is out for delivery. :clap

Unfortunately, I think my dioder lights are more of a soft white than yours so I am kinda concerned about that :violin

Really? That's weird...I still need to come over and check out the new setup!

Looks excellent Marf. Which mods did you make to the armor to get it to look that way?

Thanks, Kara! All I did was snip the excess plastic on the back of the vest so that the pieces anchoring the armor are "floating." Then I just pulled the vest closed as much as I could when putting it back on. The rest was just patient futzing. :lecture

pics look great marf.

Cheers. :duff

While Medi Rocketeer isn't what it used to be, this picture is still "Standing Like a ____ing Badass 101".

:lol :goodpost:

Nice, Dane!! Can't wait till I get home today! I reset all of my detolfs last night, dusted, windex, etc, and moved everything around to give Boba a spot on one of the top shelves. I'm ready. :yess:

Thanks, Rich! I'm excited for you to get him. :)

Thanks!! I'm super jazzed. :hi5: Nice work with yours, BTW. Did you crop off the backing plastic?

Thank you, sir! Yep, I snipped off as much of the superfluous plastic as I could, that wasn't attached to any of the armor "anchors." :exactly:

Thank you, sir! Yep, I snipped off as much of the superfluous plastic as I could, that wasn't attached to any of the armor "anchors." :exactly:

I got a vest from TA earlier in the week, so it's more or less modded and ready to go. I did the same, cut off the plastic and gave the lower armor a bit more of a bend.

Yay! Hope you like him...I'm sure you will.

:hi5: I'm sure I will! :yess:

Back