1/6th Scale Sideshow Battle Droids (Clean, Commander, Security, etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly am no interested in the SBD... didn't really care for the design and they kind of sucked on screen :lol

But; I imagine as long as they are not too top-heavy they will be another well done figure.

:yess: More for me...

As far as "iconic", I think The Phantom Menace was the best designed of the prequels. I think Doug Chiang did a fantastic job and his paintings are gorgeous. He really tried to do to Ep1 what Ralph McQuarrie did for the originals.

Then he had a smaller role in Ep2 and was off Ep3. And that's when you get an assortment of random, sometimes clumsy and less interesting designs.

As far as "iconic", I think The Phantom Menace was the best designed of the prequels. I think Doug Chiang did a fantastic job and his paintings are gorgeous. He really tried to do to Ep1 what Ralph McQuarrie did for the originals.

Then he had a smaller role in Ep2 and was off Ep3. And that's when you get an assortment of random, sometimes clumsy and less interesting designs.

:exactly:Dunno why Doug left before the show's over. But at the end, it was Lucas who directed the artist and approved what he wants whatever to look like.

Doug did excellent artistic designs, I only wish he did the ROTS Star Destroyer. He would have known how to capture the medium of the Imperial version with the Acclaminator.

No interest in the SBD for me either, but I remember someone did a repaint of the Hasbro version that looked amazing.

Yeah, I was surprised (like with a handful of Hasbro figures) how good it looked with a repaint. I know Dorgmal did one that was impressive and I think even had a few deco variations.

If you had told me a year ago that I'd end up with battle droids in my collection, I would've told you no way! :lol

And yes, you're wishy-washy. :wave :lol

:lol Well, yeah, I am...

If there's one rule I try to stick to it's no PT. That being said I was tempted by these when the first photos hit. I then ate some of Pixletwin's tapioca pudding and came to my senses.:lecture

:lol Well, yeah, I am...

If there's one rule I try to stick to it's no PT. That being said I was tempted by these when the first photos hit. I then ate some of Pixletwin's tapioca pudding and came to my senses.:lecture

Well, that'll do it to ya'! :lol

But I was the same way; as soon as I saw the preview pics, I know I was going to order them. I'm totally glad I did. No pudding for me.

You're so damn wishy-washy, Batty. :wave

I know. :(

M8Agd.jpg

Same here... I actually had most of my PT figures up for sale, but after seeing the droids and then Grievous I ended up keeping all of them :lol

Although I am sticking to a movie-only collection... so no EU or CW figures.

Um, okay... moving on...

So when do we expect our Maroon Battle Droids to be around.

20110721004091.png

Nah, I did venture into the CW with the Kenobi and Anakin, but now I've sold both off and I'm purely about the films :lecture

Can I be added to the wishy washy list?

I'm waiting for and will be ordering the Security versions.

*sigh*

Good price though.

I wanted these guys a few years ago but now with so many clones I don't know if I can get another set of colored figures. I might pick up a yellow and red one in time.

I totally understand these being sold as a 2 pack, but I'd personally only like 1 to pose with my Captain Rex. I'm hoping somewhere like Toy Anxiety parts them out, or that I can find someone to split a pack. Maybe Sideshow will release singles in the future.

Back