1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will go up in value, but not for quite a few years I would imagine, and then it will be worthless when HT inevitably do their version.

I doubt HT will ever get around to this figure and if they ever do I don't think it would be a big improvement over this one. SS had to rework this part way through the development process which delayed it by a year (took 2 years to release). If SS did another one with their prior experience they would have a better chance to improve this figure. I don't think HT would get the "catlike hunched back that was Movie GG" right either, too subtle a feature to get on first try IMO. Next to chewy this would be one of the harder figures to do and we all know how the HT chewy turned out :slap, with major futzing it "may" be passable, we'll see. BTW, nice pic's jedibear.

Don't know that I can see HT doing Grievous. Supposing they did it in two or three years, I'm guessing he'd be in Iron Whiplash+ pricing territory. Even if I'd kept mine, it's not a figure I'd personally want to upgrade. Could be wrong but tough to imagine a scenario where it would be worth their while.

This figure was NOT great. It failed to capture the catlike hunched back that was Movie GG. I saw this figure in stores and it shouted out Hasbro toy!! Sorry guys

Totally and emphatically disagree with you. This figure is awesome and looks amazing on my shelf. Most of our high-end figures fail to capture at least one major pose of each character due to simple limitations or articulation. I personally do not need him hunched over walking around with his hands behind his back. I have him standing tall with four sabers for an all out attack. He is definitely one of the more fun figures to "play" with and I think that most photographs fail to do the surface materials justice. I also really like his cape material.

I doubt HT will ever get around to this figure and if they ever do I don't think it would be a big improvement over this one. SS had to rework this part way through the development process which delayed it by a year (took 2 years to release). If SS did another one with their prior experience they would have a better chance to improve this figure. I don't think HT would get the "catlike hunched back that was Movie GG" right either, too subtle a feature to get on first try IMO. Next to chewy this would be one of the harder figures to do and we all know how the HT chewy turned out :slap, with major futzing it "may" be passable, we'll see. BTW, nice pic's jedibear.
If I can customize mine into a more accurate hunch with articulation, Sideshow and Hot Toys definitely have the resources to do this.
y21.jpg

y30.jpg

y33.jpg

y35.jpg

Just add some cathode sabers and you won't care if he's hunched or not.

Attachments

• GG.jpg
    GG.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 233
Bad a$$ Boba still need to pick up custom sabers to take him to A Whole Nutha Level of Bad a$$!

yea getting those sabers from Pixel is on my list, but i just keep procrastinating it ... im going to probably get my first Detolf and Dioders this weekend so hopefully those sabers will make the cut for me soon after....

Back