1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after saying I won't bother with this, vader or malgus...I now own all three (grevious tomorrow via UPS).... Thanks goes to the YouTube videos. Oh and I only paid $215 for vader and the same for grevious. That helped!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Sorry everyone. I've been busy trying to meet a deadline for work, so I haven't had time to take any photos. As you can see, along the top of the shoulder armor where the weight of the cape would fall, there is a pink line forming. It's not showing up that well in photos, but it's definitely pink in person, and definitely not orange paint.

photo-4.JPG

photo-3.JPG

Well I do see it. Faint but it is there. I imagine over time it will get worse. That's unfortunate. Someone suggested scotch guard (if they still make it).

How long did you have the cape in that one position before you noticed the stain?

Yup that looks like staining all right. :(
I washed and dyed my cape today, there was absolutely no red run from it, which I would have expected, maybe it's an isolated over dyed batch?

Last edited:
Well I do see it. Faint but it is there. I imagine over time it will get worse. That's unfortunate. Someone suggested scotch guard (if they still make it).

How long did you have the cape in that one position before you noticed the stain?

I guess I'll try the scotch guard. I've only had the cape on the figure for maybe 24 hours total since I received him. I've posed him with the cape, took some photos, left it on him for a while, and repeated on another day. But I never really keep it on him. So, it did not take much time at all for the staining to begin.

Just FYI, I wiped the cape with a white micro fiber cloth back and forth just a little bit and the dye is definitely showing on the white cloth :( So there is a very high possibility for this dye issue. Ive applied a very thin mist like coat of scotchguard on the red side. Im going to wait a few hours and apply another thing coat then let it dry overnight and rub it a little bit in the morning with the white cloth and see if it helped. Ultimately, Im going to get 4 or 5 thin coats of the scotchguard on it. I dont want to spray too much at one time and get it wet enough to go through to the gray side and leave any discoloration so hopefully if I do the scotchguard process slowly, it well hold up well.

Just FYI, I wiped the cape with a white micro fiber cloth back and forth just a little bit and the dye is definitely showing on the white cloth :( So there is a very high possibility for this dye issue. Ive applied a very thin mist like coat of scotchguard on the red side. Im going to wait a few hours and apply another thing coat then let it dry overnight and rub it a little bit in the morning with the white cloth and see if it helped. Ultimately, Im going to get 4 or 5 thin coats of the scotchguard on it. I dont want to spray too much at one time and get it wet enough to go through to the gray side and leave any discoloration so hopefully if I do the scotchguard process slowly, it well hold up well.

Must be a real difference in dye jobs, as soon as I read about bleeding, I actually picked a blind spot on cape and rubbed it as hard as poss on some white card, nothing. Thanks to the guys reporting this though, good to know its a potential problem.

I wouldn't be worried about damaging the grey side, it's completely ****ed up in the movie.

Last edited:
Try rubbing with a cloth. A card is to smooth. When i rubbed aggressively with a cloth it did not hurt the cape, but I could see the dye.

Yup that looks like staining all right. :(
I washed and dyed my cape today, there was absolutely no red run from it, which I would have expected, maybe it's an isolated over dyed batch?

Interesting. Did the "coffin" pattern inside the cape lighten up at all? Mine's fairly faint and I was worried it might disappear completely. How about the pattern on the gray side? I've been wanting to give this cape a bath... bit with the staining issue I held off.

Interesting. Did the "coffin" pattern inside the cape lighten up at all? Mine's fairly faint and I was worried it might disappear completely. How about the pattern on the gray side? I've been wanting to give this cape a bath... bit with the staining issue I held off.

Bizarrely the diamond "coffin" pattern gets stronger, I had the same concerns as you, but it's an overprint in a slightly lighter red, so the darker the Background fabric the more it shows up...

Bizarrely the diamond "coffin" pattern gets stronger, I had the same concerns as you, but it's an overprint in a slightly lighter red, so the darker the Background fabric the more it shows up...

You said you dyed it too? What did you do exactly? And are any of your new pictures the newly dyed cape?

Questions, questions, so many questions....

Got this coming in tomorrow.. cant wait. Im not even removing the cape from the box, sorry to the guys who had this happen, youd think after all theses years of knowing about these kinds of issues SS could have avoided it... hope they work with you guys to rectify this

Back