1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for saying Niltusk, very nice of you. I would post an actual sculpting/painting step by step, but I was worried that it could lead to some potential disasters, blame and 50 PMs!

I would love to see your step by step, man. I think people understand that they do mods at their own risk, or you could just put a disclaimer lol

What were they thinking with that pink paint? I will never understand. :lol

It is pretty shocking. Strange they just didn't go with a brick red color and leave it at that. Would have been simpler. But then again, that guy at the factory with all that pink paint on-hand has to get some work sometime.

It is pretty shocking. Strange they just didn't go with a brick red color and leave it at that. Would have been simpler. But then again, that guy at the factory with all that pink paint on-hand has to get some work sometime.

:lol Well he kept himself in a job. Painting little pink stars all day.
Yeah if they had just left it red and glossy, I probably wouldn't have bothered doing anything to it.

Got mines today. Great figure but a few issues.

The ratchet things at his hips are making a very loud, ready to break sound every time you move it and the peg in the left shoulder doesn't want to spin round, instead of the whole peg moving, only the arm moves turning on the peg (if that makes sense)

Probably just accept it.

Thanks Sidious, glad you like the pics.

No doubts at all about this piece, sure it's not perfect but no release is. You're going to love it!

Thanks para. :hi5:

Fantastic work you did to the eyes Rory, well done Sir. :clap

I'm also loving all the new pics of him, great work guys. :hi5:

I wonder if he has/will be a big seller for SSC? I can see a lot of people who miss out on him paying super crazy prices for him later on down the road.

got mine 15min before leaving for work! :panic: I even had time to pose him in one of the bad *** poses from the picture inside the box. plan on posing him again with my battle droids when I get home! he feels so fragile though. and like what other people have said, the eyes aren't that bad in person.

Got mines today. Great figure but a few issues.

The ratchet things at his hips are making a very loud, ready to break sound every time you move it and the peg in the left shoulder doesn't want to spin round, instead of the whole peg moving, only the arm moves turning on the peg (if that makes sense)

Probably just accept it.

Grievous is here! Grievous is here! :panic:

got mine 15min before leaving for work! :panic: I even had time to pose him in one of the bad *** poses from the picture inside the box. plan on posing him again with my battle droids when I get home! he feels so fragile though. and like what other people have said, the eyes aren't that bad in person.

:clap excellent news, guys! Can't wait for the new pics and poses!

Govan: perhaps your joints are just tight. Mine ratcheted but very loosely. Maybe yours won't be so wobbly, could be a good thing. Shoulder peg, if its the one that goes into the main body, is extremely tight on mine. Took a long time to work it slowly back and forth until it came out.

I'm having a hard time removing the regular arms in order to replace them with the split arms. I don't want to break anything. :monkey2

However, this thing is an engineering feat - just a masterfully created figure! I hope Sideshow realizes how incredible this is. Regardless as to whether you like the character, you must admit this is their most intricate figure, and to be quite honest, probably their best yet. They will have a hard time topping Grievous, but I challenge them to try!

Again, mine and I'm sure everyone's was very tight. Almost unmovable. Just keep working it back and forth even when its seems not to be moving. Eventually it will just work its way out. I do not recommend the pliers that someone used -- could leave 'bite' marks.

Again, mine and I'm sure everyone's was very tight. Almost unmovable. Just keep working it back and forth even when its seems not to be moving. Eventually it will just work its way out. I do not recommend the pliers that someone used -- could leave 'bite' marks.

My problem really is the the peg itself moves fine if I move it by holding it directly, however the hole on the arm that sits on the peg doesn't catch, so the arm moves and the peg stays where it is.

I don't plan on moving him about too much, so I will just move the peg itself it to position rather than moving the arm to in turn move the peg.

Still a cracking figure though, can't wait to get it displayed with a couple of battle droids.

Grievous arrived this morning - going to be late for work but I had to have a play

GG.jpg

I had a really hard time getting my regular arms out. I almost gave up but I just did what everyone else said and it finally came out. this figure is an absolute work of art. I am stunned at the amount of detail in this figure and i am proud to say I own it!

He arrived today. Love the look and how they pulled him off but my god I want to throw him out my window, the stand is pants it just wants to tip over and his legs at the knee have little to no ratchet. I'm having frustrating time getting him into anything resembling his hunch pose.

Gonna leave him till tommorow I think.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Great pose Dinosoar Daz....like the use of the packaging as background. Got mine today but haven't had time to play with him. :gah:
Hpoe to get some pic's up later tonight.

It is pretty shocking. Strange they just didn't go with a brick red color and leave it at that. Would have been simpler.

and like what other people have said, the eyes aren't that bad in person.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Agree with both you guys.

Back