1/6th Figure Costs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to say I'd buy any SW character that SSC felt like making, but that was expecting them to be $50-$60.

At $70, $80, and $90 I'm going to be picky. Thats really a shame that its come to that.

SSC is going toward acting like a major record label in the music industry and will only be making characters that sell well for the masses. Any character they think won't sell will be marked with a premium price tag to make up for the smaller quantity.

I've been pretty much priced out of the 1/6th market for a while now. It's not that I can't afford the figs but that there comes a price point where I'd rather put the money into something else, instead of a "doll".

I've got other "hobbies" that need feeding, and they are not necessarily simply another Sideshow line. With the 1/6th figures selling at $50-60, I could roll with the punches. But when they jumped rather quickly to $80 and above, I frankly felt that they were no longer a worthwhile investment. Not as a "financial" investment but as an "affordable hobby" one.

Ironically, the one 1/6th line that I figured on being a "completist" on, the LOTR line, has basically slowed to a crawl... Go figure.

I've been pretty much priced out of the 1/6th market for a while now. It's not that I can't afford the figs but that there comes a price point where I'd rather put the money into something else, instead of a "doll".

i agree....i wanted to stick loyal with the Star Wars 1/6 line, then i said only the Jedi, then i said only the ones i really like, then it was like---why am i spending this much on these again??? for a little more i can get a PF that is MUCH better.

I've got other "hobbies" that need feeding, and they are not necessarily simply another Sideshow line. With the 1/6th figures selling at $50-60, I could roll with the punches. But when they jumped rather quickly to $80 and above, I frankly felt that they were no longer a worthwhile investment. Not as a "financial" investment but as an "affordable hobby" one.

Thats what I am starting to feel as well. I canceled a few 1/6 figs to get the DOTF bronze and I am getting my first PF in Asajj. Also the character selection hasn't been that interesting to me lately so that makes them an even easier pass.

Well, higher prices definitely mean everything when I am buying figures. I used to pay 40-45 and my lara croft 1/6 is $80. So this is double. Yes, maybe she has a few more outfits etc, but still...it's the wallet that we look at first. So, instead of me buying 2 figures I only get 1, sad right?

With the increased prices, the only thing I'm a completist with is the Fellowship, other than that I only get what I like. And these figures keep coming with more and more assessories. Honestly, I would want a cheaper figures with less assessories; I would have no problem with that

Back