1/6th Custom Hoth Snowtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chakaman

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here is one I started in April. I recently went back and re-did the boots and the face mask. I also dirtied him up. I took some pictures with and without the flash, the weathering shows up better in the flash pictures.

I just used masking tape, cut it into strips, painted it and glued them around the boots to look like straps. Then I repainted the whole boot in a flat white.

On the breath(face mask) I took some extra vinyl from and old shower curtain and glued it to the inside of the helmet and then trimmed it to the length I wanted. I may trim so more, but wanted to see what you guys thought first. I cant decide whether or not to leave it clean or dirty it up.

anyways, here are the pics...

hoth_storm2.JPG

hoth_storm1.JPG

hoth_storm3.JPG

Feedback is appreciated, thanks!

looks good chakaman...............i would weather the vinyl though.........stands out a bit clean. excellent work.......:rock

I know I need to work on the mask, just wanted some feedback. Thanks.

I love those boots man, love em so much have you got any wip boot shots.

I dont have any pics, sorry. Pretty simple really, just cut masking tape to make it look like straps, glue down then apply paint.

Should be no problem for a master like yourself Mark.:D

He does have a backpack, just cant see it in the picture.

Thats actually the pictured I used when trying to do the mask.

The mask will be very difficult to replicate accurately. I would imagine that when SS does theirs it will be sculpted like hooded Cobra Commander. I just hope the exclusive is the E-web cannon.

That's pretty cool! Just a question about the weathering, and this is in no way meant to be derogatory. If they are in the wet, snow, and cold, how would they get dirty? I would think they would be more clean. It looks great as is though, not complaining. Got any "action" shots?

That's pretty cool! Just a question about the weathering, and this is in no way meant to be derogatory. If they are in the wet, snow, and cold, how would they get dirty? I would think they would be more clean. It looks great as is though, not complaining. Got any "action" shots?

Taun-Taun doo-doo? :huh

Thanks guys.

Pretty much every reference picture I have seen of these guys shows some dirt and battle wear on them.

I am going to start working on the facemask now.

Back