1/6 Yavin Troop Transport

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sending you a PM

I'm hoping to sell some of my more recent SW custom items on eBay soon (they've been under wraps for now, only 1 person here knows about what I'm making now and he's getting one for free! May tell you guys if I ever put some of them up... and no I am not attempting to sell Clones made from McD's cups! :lol) so anyway since I've never sold anything on eBay, how much is the listing fee? Is it different for BIN auctions? Do they charge you after someone wins the auction and the listing fees, or just the listing fees before hand whether it sells or not? How do you go about charging shipping? Could it be any shipping price you set? Does the price of shipping alter the listing fee?

Sorry, lot of questions... :D

I'm hoping to sell some of my more recent SW custom items on eBay soon (they've been under wraps for now, only 1 person here knows about what I'm making now and he's getting one for free! May tell you guys if I ever put some of them up... and no I am not attempting to sell Clones made from McD's cups! :lol) so anyway since I've never sold anything on eBay, how much is the listing fee? Is it different for BIN auctions? Do they charge you after someone wins the auction and the listing fees, or just the listing fees before hand whether it sells or not? How do you go about charging shipping? Could it be any shipping price you set? Does the price of shipping alter the listing fee?

Sorry, lot of questions... :D

Its not all that complicated. Buy it now auctions more cost more to list, also starting price effects that same with regular auctions, then there the final values fees they (you pay ebay a % of what it sold for, the % depend on what the final value was also), if the item doesn't sell the first time you can relist it and if it sellss the second time they refund the fees from the first time.

you can set shipping to what ever you want but you will just screw yourself in the end, it either wont sell or it will sell for very little cause most people will pass after just looking at your shipping, which means less people bidding, or on rare occasions you can open yourself up to getting claims filed against you and having to refund money (You will not have much choice in this as you have to have a Pay Pal account tied to a bank account to sell on ebay at all), or your auctions shut down since making money on shipping is considered a violation of their rules, basically get a scale and weigh what ever it is in the box you plan to ship it in, add a bit for packing material and use the shipping calculator dealy to put in dimensions and what not.

Also always offer International shipping, you will get much more money for things if you do, in the 10+ years Ive been selling on ebay I have found that toys of any kind especially Star Wars will sell for close to double of what an I identical item will sell for that doesn't offer it. Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Brazil are some of my favorite countries to sell to.:D Its also a good Idea to block the Middle East, Africa and especially Italy (they have issues with anything coming into their country apparently especially toys) as there customs are a mess and if they get stuck in customs ( which means they might be gone forever) you will have to refund people and that really bites.

Another thing that may work against you is a new account cause some people are paranoid:rolleyes:, but what ever you do dont use a drop of service, they are complete tools when it come to listing stuff.

Edit: I didnt see that Darth_IMPoor said he would pm you, he snuck his response in above the quote, I didnt notice it there:lol

Last edited:
My collection is in a constant state of circulation. If I admitted how many times I've bought, sold, and re-bought the same thing depending on my mood, you'd all have me committed to the looney bin:D. So some things are going, some things are staying. I'll use the money to get more stuff, and then I'll make something different. Then I'll sell that to get the materials to make what I already had once, but make it better since I know where I cut corners and such. The wife just looks at me a laughs anymore and I admit it's well deserved. My problem is I know in the back of my mind I can always just buy it again, so there's no real sentimental attachment. No worries though, my goHastings Han should show up any day now and he should be safe.....for a while:lol

(Step 1 of the program I need to be in)
Hi, my name is Jeff and I'm a Star Wars collector with no money:banghead

The wife just looks at me a laughs

You get that too, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Usually goes something like this....

Wife: why are you bidding on another Jawa we already have one?

Me: Well, one Jawa can't be fixing droids by himself.

Wife: Why not?

Me: He would get lonely.

Wife: There just toys dear.

Me: Fine, I guess he will just have to fetch his own tools!

Wife: Laughs ...then walks out of room.

Last edited:
LOL you forgot to finish the story!!

Me: Fine, I guess he will just have to fetch his own tools!

Wife: Laughs ...then walks out of room.

Me: Bids on Jawa and starts looking for a 3rd, hoping wife will be out when postman arrives!!!!!!

It gets worse...

ME: Gets home from work, tired, just wants to sit down for 5 minutes with a cup of tea.

Confronted by Wife & 4 year old daughter. Wife stays silent (but has that look!)

DAUGHTER: Daddy! Have you been buying Star Wars again?

ME: Ahh... Ummm... no?

DAUGHTER: Then why has the postman brought you a BIG box?

ME: Erm... Perhaps, no. Well maybe...Ah...

DAUGHTER (cutting me short): NO MORE STAR WARS! (stamps tiny foot)

WIFE: Just smiles, her work is done.

ME: Shrinks to 3 3/4" size and is eaten by a cat.

Yep, sounds vaguely familiar, but up to this point Mr. Postman is only bringing me boxes that are 12-15" big. When I get my Evil Queen PF, I'm gonna need a mirrored shield to protect me from turning to stone from the glare that'll get me. BTW-we're all pretty tight, right? If she asks any of you, she was only $100 bucks n'kay:lol. I knew I could count on you.

LOL,

Me: Rushs home from work to see wonderful wife and most fantastic son. (Races home from work to get there before wife to hide and dolly buying evidence.

Wife: hello dear, I have had a rubbish day at work

Me: Darn it she has beaten me home (begins to feel a little poorly) nervously looks for any parcels!!

Wife: begins angry rant about work

ME: starts to worry about neighbour knocking on the door with large parcels whilst listening to rant

Wife: Oh whos that at the door? Get it would you I am too cross to speak to anyone, I love you

ME: gulp! (brown trousers) but luckly no parcel

wife: I am so lucky to have an understanding husband

me: doh I am not perfect dear. Why dont I run you a bath whilst I get dinner ready, I hate myself

wife: your great

me: now I can sneak out to the shed, to the log store to see if my friendly postman has left me any parcels in our special hide from the wife place

me: OMG she will kill me if she sees this enormous box, sneaks in and up to the loft

son: hi dad whats that

me: drops box, passes wind, begins to sweat," ow ow ow errr just some stuff I ordered , boring computerstuff.

son: ow not an enormous box of dollies then.

Me: nope, nope,nope, nope, nope, move along move along, move along.

dinner passes and all is well.........still feel sick... but I think I got away with it.

Satuday morning....

postman knocks on door!!

ME: "action stations, action stations code RED" scrabble to the door trying to head the mrs off at the pass, I'll get this dear.

postman: general amusing banter

wife: general banter with postman

Me: Sweating like billio!!

postman: bye then

Wife: bye then

me: (thank the lord)

postman: ow i nearly forgot did you get that massive box I left in your shed, full of dollies it said all the way from USA must of cost a fortune I dont know how you afford it, you must have hundreds of then bleedin things, i think I have another couple in the van for you cya in a bit.

Wife: using laser eyes to drill a hole in the back of my head and melt my brain.

Me: very, very scared

son: dad are you in trouble again?

And the moral of the story, is most of us have beautiful, patient, understanding wives, and sweet, innocent, beautiful children. Star Wars Nerd stereotype be damned!!:D

Life is good, is it not?

And the moral of the story, is most of us have beautiful, patient, understanding wives, and sweet, innocent, beautiful children. Star Wars Nerd stereotype be damned!!:D

Life is good, is it not?

Jeff, was the good lady looking over your shoulder when you were typing that? :lol

Life is good, is it not?

Even better when I can get into the garage and spend more then 10 minutes working on my customs... but yeah, quite good! :D

Jeff, was the good lady looking over your shoulder when you were typing that? :lol

Ah, not quite:lol. Still at work...naughty me, but it's good to know others have similar "issues" and if those are some of the worse "issues" we have, we've got it pretty good.

Besides, any time she starts to get sassy on me, I give her the lame "I could be a drug dealer or something" line and then she realizes how good she's got it too.

All that said, she still under no circumstances is allowed to know how much $$$ is tied up in my collection-how much I spend or how much I get when I sell:monkey3.

LOL ow yes we all have issues, think about it we are grown me collecting dollies, building little things for them and playing with them LOL.

I am so lucky, the honest truth is Debs does not really mind my obsession, as long as I keep it in perspective, ie, do not build the entire falcon ion the dinning room table. She totally understands my love of star wars and need to be creating stuff... it makes me happy. And whilst we are being honest... this forum! it is amazing, it keeps me on task and keeps me creating and making. I have met some chuffin wonderful folks on here, and I know there a few negative members who can put a downer on things now and again, but on the whole I think the positive, supportive loving vibe that flows through this subsection is so great.

ow pants I am crying again.....

AAhhh Dude u are not lonely you have all of us, and your dollies LOL
Perfect :)

Well dollies can't love you!

..Unless you play pretend... hmm..

:lol

That's true, I can at least count on you as my friend Dorgsie!

Wish we could get together in the real world...I have an idea! When I ship you your... item... I will simply cut off my arms and legs, put them in a box, then ship them to you, then get in the other box with the... nunbnutts, shall we say... (it can get cold in those boxes! :lol) and be shipped directly to your house for less than airplane fare!

Hmm... that would still cost a lot though, if the "limbs" box, arrives with only one of each limb, you'll know how expensive it was! :lol

hmm it would be terrible if I got lost in customs....

Imagine if I actually got to you...

YOUR WIFE: Hmm what's in those boxes? Is it more dollies?

YOU: Well... erm... no!

YOUR WIFE: I don't believe you.

YOU: No, I swear it isn't... see it's actually-

ME: SURPRISE!!! (bloody limbless torso bursts out of box)

YOUR WIFE: *glares at you*

YOU: ...

YOUR WIFE: *glares some more*

ME: Umm...

YOUR WIFE: *Walks away*

ME: So you won't be getting the sewing machine out then? I'm sort of bleeding here....

YOU: *glares at me*

ME: ok then... *uses teeth to pull box flaps shut again*

Back