1/6 Yavin Troop Transport

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth_IMPoor

Super Freak
Reaction score
I used to be a normal, everyday dude. Now, no thanks to you guys, I've turned in to some SS freak!!

Like you...I'm inspired to see the talent of so many people and focus it around the best movies EVER!!

Like you...I can't seem to finish what I'm working on before I want to start something else.:chew

Are you feeling responsible for my issues yet?:D

Didn't think so.

So I briefly hijacked the pilot thread the other night to sneak peek my next project, since it was related. However I don't want to do that again, so I started my next WIP thread separate. It was awesome seeing all the pilot work being done between the Pilot thread and the Red Squadron thread. Between that and reading about the HTF Scramble on Yavin BP for the 3 3/4 world, I thought I might give this a go. Been working on it a few days, but now I'm out of super glue (crap). Here's how it stands now.

Bad habits are hard to break. Instinctively went right back to the foam board. What can I say, I'm used to it.

trans001.jpg

Got the patterns for the "cab?" cut out of cardboard and converted to styrene.

trans002.jpg

Helmetless DST man will have to stand in until I get a proper technician suit. Helmet should be interesting.

trans003.jpg

trans004.jpg

Hopefully it comes out looking as planned. It doesn't seem like it's a particularly difficult project, so my fingers are crossed. Enjoy the progress.

Love it man. looking forward to the progress. lots of cool stuff going on around the customs section. you are defintately contributing to the talent. great work, keep it up!

I love how you guys are leaving no stone unturned in your projects... never thought I'd see this one, but honestly I think it could be pretty damn cool :rock

A couple WIP pictures tonight for all you pilot fans out there. Got the console built, primed, and painted. The sides of the transport are now glued on and trimmed, and the front has been glued on.

trans12-10001.jpg

trans12-10002.jpg

trans12-10003.jpg

trans12-10004.jpg

trans12-10005.jpg

It didn't come out too bad. For now, the back panel is drying so I can get the back "seat" on. Need to find some bumpers too. Once the yellow is dry, I'll get it all trimmed up with the black, get the gizmos on the panel, and get some dings and rubbed paint on it.

Coming along nicely. Now I have to p or get of the pot if I'm going for Luke tonight. Decisions, decisions!

that is soo cool!
it's going to look really good on display. cant wait to see it all finished up!

Thanks for all the kind words guys. The rough build is essentially done-got some WIP pikkies for tonight.

As easy as this should be, I'm just not on my game for it or something. I got more gaps and crevices to patch and sand and hide on this sucker than any of the other projects combined! I guess the final product is all that counts, but man I measured twice, cut once, and still managed for it to look like I'm doing it with a dull chainsaw. Whine finished, off to bed (damn sleep). Tomorrow, it's fill time. Enjoy

trans12-10007.jpg

trans12-10008.jpg

trans12-10009.jpg

trans12-10010.jpg

trans12-10011.jpg

I really can't wait to primer this sucker and hide all the shoddy work. BUT..it still looks like what it's supposed to be so far. Looking at it in the pics, I probably could've bumped the rear seat out 1/2" or so. Maybe on the next one :D

This is pretty cool! I wonder if someday, every character, location, and ship cockpit from all of star wars will have been recreated in 1/6 scale by SS, Medicom, or customizers... What will we do then? :confused:

Back