1/6 Wat Tambor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agen_kolar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've begun a new project - my first Star Wars-related figure. I'm in the process of sculpting Wat Tambor. I've picked out the fabric for his robe, and I've already begun sculpting his head and goggles. I've ordered a tall buck for the body, since he's a rather hulking character. Most of the articulation will be useless, with the exception of his arms and head, unless someone has some ideas on how to work around the issue of his torso armor. The idea is for the armor will be sculpted and painted in metallic tones.

I will try to post some photos of the fabric I've chosen and the head sculpt tonight or tomorrow. If it turns out well, I may make a few and sell them if you guys have interest.

Additionally, if anyone has suggestions along the way, please feel free to critique!

Wattamborfull.jpg

When I was watching the Clone Wars this week I was thinking he'd make an interesting figure... can't wait to see how your project turns out :rock

I had started working on one a few years back (actually when AOTC came out). 1st I make a mannequin to work with. I've done this with a few projects since and I found a new material to work with. Its called crayola model magic and it air dries and is very light. I use it to make a mold of the Buck torso in two pieces, front and back and let it dry on the body. Once it hardens it comes right off and you can press some sculpey into it gently, put the two pieces together and you will have a rough mannequin that you can bake. Once you have the sculpey mannequin, wrap it in foil and begin sculpting the Wat armor right on top of it.

wuhu....nice mate...but..it will be paint up with chorme...and its more expensive than a silver color for that armor..

Yeah, using chrome paint with an anthracite gray candy would really make this figure great. I wouldn't even consider painting it with anything but chrome paint. Its a bit more work, but it's totally worth it to get it right. You don't want to regret painting it with regular metallic paint. Its an awful lot of work to do over.

The only way to get more articulation on that figure is to make custom arms with steel bones and foam padding around them for muscles. Then it's covered with the shirt and gloves, and you won't know it's foam on steel, if you sculpt the foam right.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll ask more about the painting when I'm closer to that point. For now, does anyone know where I can order a Tall Buck Body? I ordered one from Sideshow but realized that it's Waitlisted. The cheaper the better!

When I was watching the Clone Wars this week I was thinking he'd make an interesting figure... can't wait to see how your project turns out :rock
he's too obscure/boring for me to care about. but it would be a cool looking figure.

No offence..but, IMO this Character was pretty facking stupido!..wish we got to see Anakin slice him in two.

Wow.. more than half a year has gone by, and no Tambor... Perhaps the Techno Union ticked off the intergalactic banking clan and was taxed to death by them...

Back