1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was telling everyone the AF outfit was the best choice for Max but no one listened. Now they are all hunting down for one lol. It's almost sold out everywhere but Monkey Depot, Toy Anxiety, and Blackopstoys could part out some in the future so good luck :)

I never thought one was better then the other the vts one is good with work done to it. Having the AF is good to. If you have it as your figures outfit or as a backup in case the vts one flakes. But i had the opportunity to get it and didn't cause I wanted to wait for the figure first . Now I search for the pants. Also Odirbyh you got the figure what's the vts outfit like? I mean your opinion.

I never thought one was better then the other the vts one is good with work done to it. Having the AF is good to. If you have it as your figures outfit or as a backup in case the vts one flakes. But i had the opportunity to get it and didn't cause I wanted to wait for the figure first . Now I search for the pants. Also Odirbyh you got the figure what's the vts outfit like? I mean your opinion.
It's suitable for a classic Mel Gibson Max if you tend to build one. The pleather material combining with weathering really draws out the look of the original outfit. But for Fury Road, it doesn't give enough the illusion of heavily worn leather as seen in the movie. When I saw Fury Road, I didn't even know if he was wearing the same outfit with the same material like in previous movies, almost unrecognized as leather. So the AF outfit works really well to give you a more accurate and realistic look on the outfit in the film than jet black and reflective leather texture on the VTS version. Also worth mentioned that the material of the pleather chosen by VTS, however, is very thin in order to extend articulation. So I think it would not last as long as the AF version in terms of durability. You'll see when you receive yours.

Yeah, I don't know why anyone would have automatically thought to get the AF one when people were waiting for the VTS figure to come. Hindsight is 20/20

The reason is having the AF outfit in case the vts one didn't do to good, to customize your figure if your not satisfied with it. I thought of waiting cause I didn't think the vts outfit is going to be bad, so i thought "no need yet" but still should have gotten the AF outfit not only as a backup but as a second outfit to add. I did have them saved on ebay but was to late however, why wouldn't anyone want two different outfits. Having the option to customize the figure.

Yeah, I don't know why anyone would have automatically thought to get the AF one when people were waiting for the VTS figure to come. Hindsight is 20/20

i got the Full AF Figure for $130. i don't get why people wanna get just the outfit for $70. even if i dump the head for $20 & body for $20 the rest of the parts probably worth alot more than $20 and i still end up with 2 Maxes. the extra money can be used to purchase another head & body.

the full figure is still widely available since everyone just wants the loose outfit.

The reason is having the AF outfit in case the vts one didn't do to good, to customize your figure if your not satisfied with it. I thought of waiting cause I didn't think the vts outfit is going to be bad, so i thought "no need yet" but still should have gotten the AF outfit not only as a backup but as a second outfit to add. I did have them saved on ebay but was to late however, why wouldn't anyone want two different outfits. Having the option to customize the figure.

what i see ebay is asking over $100 for jacket/pants/shirt. why not just get a full figure from some online shop?

and reason most people wants 2 outfits is so they can have 2 FIGURES. i would imagine swapping the outfit would be a real pain.

The outfit on ebay as individual parts are like $20 each so it's not alot and also. Me personally don't feel like having two of the same figure unless it's a different version depending on the character.(ex: HT batman, Nolan version and Batfleck version) But I think it's more of a customizing option you have a second outfit if you didn't like the one the figure came with so you let go of one and keep the other or keep both. It's more of an upgrade. Someone commented is this going to be the new indiana jones, where there is new parts and gear for Max that everyone is going to keep customizing. Hopefully not the vts figure with both outfits and a custom brace is good enough for me.

what i see ebay is asking over $100 for jacket/pants/shirt. why not just get a full figure from some online shop?

and reason most people wants 2 outfits is so they can have 2 FIGURES. i would imagine swapping the outfit would be a real pain.
Not the case for me. I bought the AF one as a replacement and an upgrade 'cause I know pleather is gonna deteriorate sooner or later no matter how good you maintain it. I've dealt with pleather/leather long enough not to trust its durability.

The outfit on ebay as individual parts are like $20 each so it's not alot and also. Me personally don't feel like having two of the same figure unless it's a different version depending on the character.(ex: HT batman, Nolan version and Batfleck version) But I think it's more of a customizing option you have a second outfit if you didn't like the one the figure came with so you let go of one and keep the other or keep both. It's more of an upgrade. Someone commented is this going to be the new indiana jones, where there is new parts and gear for Max that everyone is going to keep customizing. Hopefully not the vts figure with both outfits and a custom brace is good enough for me.

the difference between Indie & Max is Max costume is more random so people can make do with whatever they felt good enough, while for Indie, people want the most screen accurate Indie (or few Indies) as possible.

Not the case for me. I bought the AF one as a replacement and an upgrade 'cause I know pleather is gonna deteriorate sooner or later no matter how good you maintain it. I've dealt with pleather/leather long enough not to trust its durability.

well what is the problem in Max case? his jacket's destined to break up in story mode. i saw for once pleather breaking up can be seen as a +ve thing. just like aging wine. i bet many VTS collectors dying to wait for their pleather to break up. i'd imagine everyday they'd pick up their magnifying glass to check for micro cracks on the jacket. and no the process has to be natural you can't just crumple the jacket to make it break up faster because it won't look natural. just like wine.

Never had an issue.

Maybe it's the climate you live in? :dunno

How do you unattatch the peg that's attatched to the hand, so I can attatch it to the other set of hands? Sorry, this is my second figure, and I never had a VTS or Damtoys figure before. Btw the figure looks much better in hand. I also dont know how to put the knife into its sheath. Fitting the shotgun shells on the side of the vest was difficult. 20161112_184926.jpg

Heat up the hand with a hair drier, or drop it in a mug of boiling water.

I like the boiling water method for neck sockets and loosening ball joints in boots. Hands are generally easier with a hair dryer because they're often a softer material.

How do you unattatch the peg that's attatched to the hand, so I can attatch it to the other set of hands? Sorry, this is my second figure, and I never had a VTS or Damtoys figure before. Btw the figure looks much better in hand. I also dont know how to put the knife into its sheath. Fitting the shotgun shells on the side of the vest was difficult. View attachment 304227

boil a pot of hot water and put the hand with peg into a cup, pour the hot water into the cup, wait for 5 seconds, use a chopstick to pick up the hand and use 2 fingers to hold the peg as close to the hand as possible with the other hand holding the hand, pull in a straight direction away from each other and the peg should by now come off the hand. either that or the peg broke into 2 pieces with the peg stuck inside the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back