1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here's something for you folks for critics and get even. not sure what i used but it's 1mm thanks to Doz and it's my 1st time doing anysort of girly handcrafts.

of course not as superior compared to Mr.E's handycraft and don't worry i'm not selling.

View attachment 328734

View attachment 328733

the one on the right is the 1st specimen ended up twist & turn as i didn't alternate the knots.

painted with mix of green/brown/flesh brown, and some potato flaked skin.

Looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just wondering what body you used or did you use back the AF with neck adaptor? that might explain why you felt it's wide enough. another guy used the ZC muscle body and the neck was too narrow to fit the rubber neck.

No the Art Figure body and Head I sold on eBay for $50. I used a CooModel standard height body with the head adaptor. I actually use these bodies quite a bit. I know a lot of people aren't fans but they have served me well.

a250c795fee2d36a3657cdf8710b7b58.jpg

No the Art Figure body and Head I sold on eBay for $50. I used a CooModel standard height body with the head adaptor. I actually use these bodies quite a bit. I know a lot of people aren't fans but they have served me well.

a250c795fee2d36a3657cdf8710b7b58.jpg

why did you not opt for the ZC muscle body as it's cheaper than Coomodel, around $20 and has realistic skin tone on the neck & torso and has better sculpt on the arms most importantly ball joint arms. also the hands that comes with them are much better painted my only qualms is their thumb could be nicer coz they look crooked and their waist ain't exactly the best shaped as such not suitable for topless setup.

this is just a suggestion not a criticism. please ignore if you feel it's rubbish.

the AF body, IMO is a decent body, just not for Max, but it's pretty decent for other uses. not too skinny, tall, good articulation.

the AF head, IMO is the best sculpt out there, even though i don't like it, i think because of the paint apps that made it look off. it's really an underrated sculpt.

The Brother head is a high quality, highly detailed and well painted sculpt. But to me I just couldn't see Tom Hardy in it.

I put it on a Rebel Commando who's on a narrow shoulder with neck adapter, as it wouldn't fit over the neck of a muscle body. The combination of eyes and mouth give him a stunned/confused expression.

It's a sculpt that's best displayed out of full light, with the kindness of shadows.

the AF head, IMO is the best sculpt out there, even though i don't like it, i think because of the paint apps that made it look off. it's really an underrated sculpt.

I ordered the Brother to replace the AF, but it's ironic that putting the two together the AF has the far superior Hardy likeness.

The ideal would be the AF with BP hair sculpt and paint application.

why did you not opt for the ZC muscle body as it's cheaper than Coomodel, around $20 and has realistic skin tone on the neck & torso and has better sculpt on the arms most importantly ball joint arms. also the hands that comes with them are much better painted my only qualms is their thumb could be nicer coz they look crooked and their waist ain't exactly the best shaped as such not suitable for topless setup.

this is just a suggestion not a criticism. please ignore if you feel it's rubbish.

the AF body, IMO is a decent body, just not for Max, but it's pretty decent for other uses. not too skinny, tall, good articulation.

I use those bodies as well, I'm actually using one for my Mel - Mad Max, but for the amount of arm that is showing I have no problem using the CooModel body and it's what I prefer. I did however keep looking at my tweaked VTS figure and for some reason the longer neck was just bugging me. I mean it's not horrible by any means and the scarf covers it but it still looks a bit long. So out came the Xacto. I only took maybe .5cm but to me made a world of difference.

91f2a4d2dd0901ec2a54d2bc1c14bc19.jpg

The following are of the regular and the trimmed versions. First without the scarf...

a01ab5c175643f2374c67053151de1ed.jpg

fe24c851783a18d6375e0089d6cc2a35.jpg

With the scarf....it's not terribly noticeable unless you are judging the distance between the left shoulder and the top of the head...the the neck trimmed he's more normally proportionate.

16e39dfcd0eecd5e7996e3bbc3b7bcec.jpg

b321457e6532b40b341abee2ed3062ea.jpg

Okay I'm done messing with him....for now.

3c4313a86bddca4b4cad2f8b84fc8d56.jpg

As for the AF Sculpt being the best....everyone has their opinion. I personally didn't see it. I'd look at it and all I could see is character actor Gregg Henry.
ca59c5626dcdfa30c1673e979a06dea2.jpg

I can say the best body I used atm for max is the han solo body. Only thing is to have the neck cut down a bit.

I can say the best body I used atm for max is the han solo body. Only thing is to have the neck cut down a bit.

with what head? Solo body has a rubber neck.

I have the VTS and to me he looks too tall and almost lanky (without the pack and scarf on). I would like a shorter more compact body type. I don't think any of the current bodies have realistic waistlines. Padding is necessary.

With the vts sculpt. The neck is removed on mine. The figure looks alot better. The only issue is the neck being to long. I bit of it cut down would probably help make it work. But also a body like the banner or a ttm19 type can still work well.

I've had the brothers sculpt for weeks and haven't even looked at it ..But after seeing some pics decided to try it out..And I most say I rather like it.

IMG_20170309_232308_182.jpg

The face photographs nicely except for those big eyes. Especially with Hardy, Max has anything but big eyes.

That's the only issue I have with the Brother one. If you look at him straight on he's got a deer in headlights look but at any angle other then that he's great.
6f254aea2eabd05a4e45255458eb1d61.jpg
fbe1e4a28719fdcd8e1bdb5e89ffb27d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

those using vts jacket beware while changing hands on the long sleeve i notice lots of flaking. probably came from the inner side. had to pull the sleeve up abit to get to the peg.

They're all Hardy stunt doubles, with respective pros and cons IMO.

:lecture

None of them are perfect. They each have something of Hardy, but not one is the complete article.

I find the Brother to be the least perfect. That is, it's completely useless!

That is way over the top....Its easy 80% Hardy.

It's such a horrible sculpt I don't even like using it to portray a non-Hardy character. Should have cancelled the order when I was offered the opportunity.

I'll use it on a helmeted figure, such as the DAM SR-71 pilots, to free up a more aesthetic and useful sculpt.

EDIT:

That improved it. The flight cap and helmet of the SR-71 suit create a shadow that makes the eyes more acceptable. Dropping the clear visor makes for a total cure.

Not completely useless after all. :lol

It's such a horrible sculpt I don't even like using it to portray a non-Hardy character. Should have cancelled the order when I was offered the opportunity.

I'll use it on a helmeted figure, such as the DAM SR-71 pilots, to free up a more aesthetic and useful sculpt.

:lol....fair enough, everyone to their own. As I said I didn't even take out of box for 3 weeks but I think it may be better than the VTS one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back