1/6 TTL 3.0 figures for good for customs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIMT1677

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here has used the TTL 3.0 bodies for Indy customs and what the results were??
Thanks, Jim

Just wondering if anyone here has used the TTL 3.0 bodies for Indy customs and what the results were??
Thanks, Jim

TrueTypes are best but there's a bit of work involved and some non-reversible damage to the figures (cutting wrist pegs shorter) to make them work. If you can find a Saturday Toys body, the Sideshow pieces port straight over without mods. Plus, they fit the clothes better too.

I'm not entirely sure about the TTL's, they'll probably work fine, but I think the sculpted neck is a tad undersized/thin. Not sure though.

I used a ttl 3.o for my indy. i really like the overall shape of the body. and the best thing is it's cheap

I contemplated a TTL for my upcoming bash, but was concerned about neck thickness and overall figure height. Having switched to a narrow TT as a placeholder, I went with an Assassin's Creed Ezio body instead.

CHEERS!

I used the TTL 3 on mine... the neck is a bit scrawny, but overall I think it works well as a more affordable option.

cct.jpg

ccu.jpg

I still think the ST-1 body works the best. There're absolutely no mods needed to port him over, the proportions are great, it's the same size as the pro so you don't have to worry about the outfit looking too tight, and it's only about $15.

I still think the ST-1 body works the best. There're absolutely no mods needed to port him over, the proportions are great, it's the same size as the pro so you don't have to worry about the outfit looking too tight, and it's only about $15.

I wanted a slightly taller figure as I wasn't happy with the 5' 9" Indy... not to mention a little extra height helps to balance out the head. The clothes fit well on the body... I thought a bit better than the pro. And the only mods needed were to snip off the ends of the wrist pegs; so not too bad.

Thats a good looking Indy.

Thanks man, I think I'll stick with him rather than drop $250 on the DX version :lol

The other solution regarding the neck adaptor, you can get a TTL 2.0 and a Hot Toys long neck, the TTL are more affordable and have almost the same amount of articulation as the Hot Toys bodies!

The other solution regarding the neck adaptor, you can get a TTL 2.0 and a Hot Toys long neck, the TTL are more affordable and have almost the same amount of articulation as the Hot Toys bodies!

I bought 4 TTL bods and they all have the same problem that the Indy pro had. If I tied up the limbs, I'd have marionettes.

I'm considering it... but so far not feeling it for the cost.

:lecture:lecture:lecture I'll need to see some big time improvements before dropping that much on him.

Hmmm... I've had good luck with the TTL bodies and tight joints. Certainly not as nice as TT; but leagues better than the earlier Pro bodies they replaced.

Which ones did you buy; 1, 2 or 3?

TTL is good stuff but not the 3.0, the sculpted neck is too short and thin. 2.0s are good though.

Has anyone picked up the EVO body? I've been considering it and tried to search for reviews on it here on the boards, but every time I do the search times out or I get a PHP error :(

Back