1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
folks saying they going back to OSW but not gonna happen, even without any unlicensed product discussion here folks still gonna stay here until the day the forum closes down.

I would be curious to know how much income being an affiliate actually generates. I mean, how many people even buy at SS through the links that get posted anyway? I take it there are other non-monetary benefits.

All I know is that by following at least KG Hobby and Kit Chen on Facebook I can stay in the know of *everything* that is getting made out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would be curious to know how much income being an affiliate actually generates. I mean, how many people even buy at SS through the links that get posted anyway? I take it there are other non-monetary benefits.

All I know is that by following at least KG Hobby and Kit Chen on Facebook I can stay in the know of *everything* that is getting made out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the bulk income comes from selling official products from the sales page. Sideshow could bar them from selling Sideshow products and this would hurt the income since many buyers still buy sideshow products. though i'm not sure any valid reason not to buy direct from sideshow instead of online stores unless it's on huge discount bin price.

a bigger income would be from advertisement which value based on webpage visitor counts.

also another source of income would be from members subscription for premium account.

affliation would generate less income but i bet many folks click on the photo links on the top page.

and the biggest monetary lost would be getting into a lawsuit for "harboring the illicit activities infringing intellectual properties". that alone is a black hole to fill. lawyers can just claim Sideshow et.al lost a billion of sales (potential) due to consumers buying bootleg products because they learnt it from sideshowcollectors.com.

a493a83113d4c8bd54b95958566c26d9.jpg

10ea289ecebddcd9232e872f4c8f1404.jpg

Comparison. Supermad Toys looks good.

Honestly, only thing stand out in comparison is the fur on the collar..
Head sculpt is off on both in different direction. Supermad version looks cleaner, but still off in its own ways (lips, Philtrum, forehead..etc)
The letters on the backside of Jacket was never that pronounces in the movie
I'm still in for Supermad thou.

Why it's here? Isn't it old Harrison thread?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Why?I don't think supermad toys are recasters or butlegars.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

They do seem to put the work in developing the figures they make, still unlicensed though. However Supermad is not on here promoting their stock, and I don’t believe anyone posted actual links to where it’s available for sale. So perhaps this thread may survive, could maybe change it to an unspecific K customs thread.

a493a83113d4c8bd54b95958566c26d9.jpg

10ea289ecebddcd9232e872f4c8f1404.jpg

Comparison. Supermad Toys looks good.

sculpt wise i think black box slightly better, if painted properly.

haven't done any changes on the black box because i only want 1 K so i will pick the best parts out. anyone can clarify whether with simple mods which version of which part would look better?

i personally don't dig the black box inner shirt it's hard to set it right when tucked out. the pants also feels abit off.

and what body does supermad use? TT advance custom?

Why?I don't think supermad toys are recasters or butlegars.

Everything they make is unlicensed: Blade Runner, Catwoman, Scream face thing, Harley Quinn, Six Million Dollar Man.

They're the very definition of the filthy bootleggers Sideshow would like to gun down. Except that Supermad are relatively small scale since each figure is made in a limited run of 200-300.

Jane Erso Hey everyone! I wanted to clarify that unfortunately, the practice of producing unlicensed custom items has evolved into a for profit, illegal enterprise in many instances. Sideshow believes that artists create, not illegally duplicate. While we believe it is extremely important to maintain a collaborative and encouraging relationship with our advertising affiliates, Sideshow has a responsibility to the license owners we work with to protect and support their original intellectual property and deter this illegal practice. As such, we expect advertising affiliates to reciprocate this support in that relationship by not openly allowing or condoning the discussion of sale of unlicensed, illegally produced custom items. It doesn't mean that you can't post artists work. It only means that you cannot sell it and still be an affiliate of Sideshow.

8h

Back