1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree bootleg manufacturers are always a risk. Hell, even Sideshow can (and has! Many times!) deliver sub par figures. But so far Supermad has been a welcome surprise, especially because they tackled one of my holiest of grails: the Six Million Dollar Man. It turned out great so I had faith that Deckard would be good too. I have their second Bionic Man on preorder as well.

However you do have to have patience with them! But so far they have come through in the end (knock on wood)!

I'd forgotten that I bought the Six Million Dollar Man sculpt when they released it as a separate item. That is a very good sculpt too. I used it on the DAM Toys SR-71 Blackbird white pressure suit.

39747033073_176141f391_o.jpg

I'd forgotten that I bought the Six Million Dollar Man sculpt when they released it as a separate item. That is a very good sculpt too. I used it on the DAM Toys SR-71 Blackbird white pressure suit.

39747033073_176141f391_o.jpg

Ah, yes! I remember your bash! I'm SO JEALOUS of it! ;)

Ah, yes! I remember your bash! I'm SO JEALOUS of it! ;)

I was never enough of a fan to justify a complete Steve Austin, but I wanted to at least have his head. :lol

I did used to have some of the Kenner figures and Oscar Goldman's office. Goodness knows what happened to them. There's a lot of toys I wish I still had, such as the Denys Fisher Tom Baker Doctor Who and Giant Robot.

I would really like to like it. But I can't. Stitching on the shirt is not subtle and while the face sculpt is great, I really don't like to hair. Paint is not good, the chuncks are too big and the sides of the head are too "bushy" so the head looks bigger than it should.

I would really like to like it. But I can't. Stitching on the shirt is not subtle and while the face sculpt is great, I really don't like to hair. Paint is not good, the chuncks are too big and the sides of the head are too "bushy" so the head looks bigger than it should.

:rotfl

What other movies or characters did Harrison Ford do that this sculpt could be used for? I’m trying to think of something other than Indy or Blade Runner?

He was in that movie Ender's Game which was pretty good, but it's not really worth having a figure of.

Enders Game was pretty good, but you are right, the character is not 1/6 figure worthy. I was hoping for something like The Fugitive, What Lies Beneath, or Cowboys and Aliens.

Received my Deckard yesterday and yep, it's pretty damn good. Definitely looking forward to Hunter K.

ttaumzn.jpg

5UJctTE.jpg

pINzuCf.jpg

No for real. This is all accurate. It?s exactly my review and I agree with all points. . And this is not just from
The pictures I actually have it. Wish I skipped it all I want st this point is the blaster and whiskey and that?s coming with K anyways. Super disappointing figure. I don?t understand the positive reviews.

Yeah I can't get past the hair on this either. Even with a repaint it would still look really chunky and unconvincing. Plus as much as I love the movie and watching Ford play Deckard again, this figure just confirms in my mind that it's not a memorable enough costume to warrant a figure.

You read my mind also Davejames. I think that’s why I struggled to decide if I even wanted a Deckard 2049 figure. Blade runner has always had the coolest most original costumes and to me it felt like Harrison said he’d do this movie if he could just roll out of bed in a t shirt and slacks.

I’m considering modding or resculpting the front of the hair. But then because of all of what I just said above there I’m thinking maybe I should just get rid of this thing

I think the hair looks much better in hand.
That said. All is relative. I think there?s no doubt this is very good and well made for the price. If you compare it to HT it?s lacking in a few ways.

Yeah I will agree it's a pretty decent figure for the price... but just not really good enough for me to want in my collection.

Still looking forward to getting K though.

I think its fantastic....really is the best figure to be released in some time.
Looking forward to having k with him.
Great to see a company bang out interesting figures and not just the rubbish hot toys have resorted to.

It's a very good figure and unless you need any more Star Wars or Marvel figures, its surpassing Hot Toys current output on novelty alone. It helps that I loved the film too.

As for the hair, yes I agree, it's too thick. But I would also point out the old cliche that it's better in person. I don't think any of the pictures have caught how good the headsculpt is in hand. No offense intended there, it's just a scaling and lighting thing.....pictures are taking something away.

It's also a major source of excitement for all those, me included, who want to put together a Crystal Skull Indy as it's just about perfect for that AND the thicker hair issue disappears.

Best figure I've received in a while, its resulting in two great Harrison Ford figures for me at a bargain price and K is now hotly anticipated, fingers crossed its it's as good as this.

Oh no no no I could not disagree more personally
. the hair is a lot worse in person if you ask me. I actually didn’t think much of it on the photos and in hand it’s utterly ridiculous. It looks like an anime character or something. And it’s painted with about 4 different colors it’s just weird.

I could live with the heads otherwise and the blaster and whisky are awesome but the clothes also suck and for such a simple outfit it’s no excuse. Giant stitches and the pants are way too tight. This doesn’t help the Ronald McDonald looking boots.

And his body type is off they stole the wolverine body but they should have stole the Han Solo body it looks much better on that.

It’s actually gotten to the point where I can’t look at the figure anymore.

I want to keep the blaster and whiskey so if I see this parted out I’ll nab that and then sell it. Resculpting the hair seems insanely not worth it.

And I don’t really care for the price argument to be honest. I’ve gotten a few really cheap unlicensed figures that blew me Away recently. Not without issue, but with tweaks they are a home run. The xensation got figures are incredible. And I didn’t want a stupid Apocalypse mystique as I ordered the naked one ad toys era failed at that and sent this instead but I have to say the figure blew my mind.

I love that this figure was made but after the massive delays and all of the amazing product on this over saturated market both Licensed and unlicensed I’d be hard pressed to argue this is anything more than a c+ figure.

Back