1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asta, do you have the TFA Solo to compare the heads?

I only have the bootleg version that was cast from it. The Supermad looks so much better - it's the best production Ford I've seen (not counting ridiculously expensive small run sculpts, though it's better than some of those as well).

She's not at all photogenic, apart from her boots.

View attachment 476272

View attachment 476273

I'm hoping Supermad will make her.

Not sure we'll all live long enough to see her though. :lol

I think the rest of the outfit is pretty nice as well, it's just that tiny head that ruins it. I'm still halfway tempted to pick up a set so I can sculpt my own head for it, just because I really love the character. But unfortunately all the cheaper ones seem to have dried up by now.

I think the rest of the outfit is pretty nice as well, it's just that tiny head that ruins it. I'm still halfway tempted to pick up a set so I can sculpt my own head for it, just because I really love the character.

I like how she looks on display. The sculpt is quite cute, but she's half an inch too short due to the small body required to accommodate the head.

The shortfall isn't quite as drastic as VTS' Furiosa faux pas, which meant complete segregation from Max.

I looked at various photos of Ana de Armas in the past, for research purposes you understand (!), and she does appear to have a smallish head.

t%C3%A9l%C3%A9chargement-1.jpg

Ana Joi.jpg

Yeah it may only be 5-10% smaller than it should be, but it's still enough to throw off the proportions and make her look like a 12 year old next to other figures.

Mine's the equivalent of 5' 3" instead of 5' 6".

On the right is the recommended body and skin colour - obviously wrong on both accounts:

48670934461_1a28f11457_o.jpg

On the left is a Pop Toys Xing suntan semi-seamless, with the ankle pegs removed. The big difference is the shoulders, though the thick plastic of the jacket squares them off. Because the plastic is so stiff it doesn't react like a more regular fabric, and acts a bit like an exo-skeleton, making the body appear bigger than it really is.

With all my figures I think of them existing beyond the confines of the film or property they appear in, so I rarely if ever use them to recreate specific scenes. As a hologram Joi can change size, as she did when she synchronized herself with Mariette. Mackenzie Davis is 5' 10", 4" taller than Ana. So, for reasons unexplained, my Joi shrunk herself by 3". That's the story, until somebody makes a larger scaled Joi. :lol

As for VTS' little Furiosa there's no such easy explanation. She just has to be young Furiosa...

19957b498908c76f48438d3efa8f9b60.png

Are there any 1/6 scale versions of Deckard's dog out there?

First question is what kind of dog is it?

Apparently either an Estrela Mountain Dog or a Caucasian Ovcharka. I think it's more likely the former:

KJz49.jpg

I have quite a few 1/6 dogs, but have never seen a model like Deckard's. The closest I have in shape is probably a Bernese Mountain Dog made by North Light.

Just received my figure.......wow, blown away. It is very, very good.

I know it was a bit of a wait, but consider me very impressed Supermad Toys!

Just received my figure.......wow, blown away. It is very, very good.

I know it was a bit of a wait, but consider me very impressed Supermad Toys!

Every time I go into the collection room and the figure catches my eye I'm stunned all over again just how good he looks.

Supermad are super slow, but at least it's because they're taking pride in what they do. Such as delaying 'K' yet again because they felt they needed to resculpt him.

Hope he's worth the wait as well.

I got mine yesterday. It's super cool. Although I might have to remove the fat suit, as others have done.

I'll see you all back here in 2030 for the 2019 version Deckard! Judging by the 2049 Deckard it'll still be well worth the wait. ;)

Got mine yesterday and I agree with most here. It's a very good figure--almost HT quality and certainly better than the best Sideshow figure I have (TOD Indy). The sculpt and painting and manufacturing of the head is top-notch. The hair is the only thing that doesn't look great--it's a little chunky. But it's something you could clearly see in the photos so it's no surprise. The body is oddly stiff in some joints, like hips, elbows and knees, and loose in others, like the ankles and the swivel in the legs and arms. I don't think the color difference between the head and neck is all that apparent, but the hands are definitely a different color than the forearms. I also agree the fat suit is a bit too much so I may be removing it as well. It's just a girdle type thing velcroed around his waist so it's easy to remove without having to undress him--you just have to lift up his t-shirt. But I think the best thing about the figure are the clothes. I am very impressed by the quality of the tailoring and stitching. Truly great.

I didn't get a chance to compare it to Old Man Han from TFA yet but I'll try and see how they look together and how D stacks up against Han tonight.

It's a very simple figure but they went for it and nailed it. It's just a damn shame there's no proper 2019 Deckard out there to display him next to. I have the Brothers Production Deckard, and while it's a pretty decent figure, it's no comparison.

But I think the best thing about the figure are the clothes. I am very impressed by the quality of the tailoring and stitching. Truly great.

I love that they sewed the shirt buttons on and made eyelets on the other half. For a shirt that's not intended to be fastened that's above and beyond the call of duty.

I was surprised when Black Box did that with the Riddler's waistcoat.

There's been a fair few sub-par third party figures made recently by companies going through the motions just to fulfill their orders, but the Supermad Deckard was a very nice surprise.

I was dubious at the start because my only other Supermad figure was the less than stellar Harley Quinn.

I agree bootleg manufacturers are always a risk. Hell, even Sideshow can (and has! Many times!) deliver sub par figures. But so far Supermad has been a welcome surprise, especially because they tackled one of my holiest of grails: the Six Million Dollar Man. It turned out great so I had faith that Deckard would be good too. I have their second Bionic Man on preorder as well.

However you do have to have patience with them! But so far they have come through in the end (knock on wood)!

Back