1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics of my SPetersenArt version:

09458AB2-3659-43AF-A309-2813D5AB315B.jpg

B8BCB434-B409-46F6-A1AA-FE525C9C7924.jpg

2E30A375-17A1-45D7-811D-CE0F64B7944D.jpg

D4DF1E85-7BC6-48B3-AEF2-BE23437CF724.jpg

I'm on the fence with supermad's fig.
I wasn't going to get it when I first saw a year ago because I wasn't to happy with the head sculpt. I do like my blackbox ver but i'm still working on that to make it better.
The new photos of the HS of SM are better but not quite best and the light text on the coat is a turn off.
That being said, i'm biting the bullet and getting this. Also, I will be ordering the new blackbox beaten/weathered ver. too.

p.s. anyone could give me advice on a nude body to use on my blackbox. I keep trying to tighten up the loose knee joint but it doesn't take.
I tried a HT truetype but that was to skinny for the clothing. I need a body with no neck built in.

I'm on the fence with supermad's fig.
I wasn't going to get it when I first saw a year ago because I wasn't to happy with the head sculpt. I do like my blackbox ver but i'm still working on that to make it better.
The new photos of the HS of SM are better but not quite best and the light text on the coat is a turn off.
That being said, i'm biting the bullet and getting this. Also, I will be ordering the new blackbox beaten/weathered ver. too.

p.s. anyone could give me advice on a nude body to use on my blackbox. I keep trying to tighten up the loose knee joint but it doesn't take.
I tried a HT truetype but that was to skinny for the clothing. I need a body with no neck built in.

The current DAM toys body is good. Decently muscled without being too big. The neck is attached but you can cut it off. I have pics of how to do it if you need them.

I'm still not crazy about the weird color blue Supermad chose for the coat, but I'm probably going to be darkening and weathering it anyway, much like people have done with the Blackbox coat.

They did at least get the floppy collar right though, which is the one thing that always jumps out at me as off about the other versions.

Yeah, I used to think the Blackbox headsculpt was better than the original Supermad Toys one, which looked generic, but has been improved upon to the point it's a tie. And since Supermad's release comes with an additional head and a slew of accessories, not to mention, is cheaper than this 2.0 version I can no longer justify going to for the Blackbox version. Unless of course I see a great deal and end up using the figure for a closed collar walking pose.

Which? There's talk of many different figs in this thread.
Old hunter is currently scheduled for Q1
Hunter K Q2
Weathered BlackBox Guess Me Killer Q?

I'm patiently waiting on Hunter K. They pushed him back a bit to tweak the sculpt a bit. Which is fine for me.

Rewatched this stellar film over the holidays and am still really excited for Hunter D and K. Hoping we’ll see D soon!

Back