1/6 Star Ace - Underworld Evolution - Selene Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered this. I needed something to go with my Crow figure and this is perfect. And I've always wanted a Selene figure. Going to have to try and fix the eye color and bush up the inner brows a tad.

I was going to post pics, but they all look awful. She's not nearly as bad in person.

That said, for an officially licensed figure of such a beloved character, she deserved better. The hair needed to be puffed out slightly on either side of the head and it also needed to be drastically more flush to the sides of her face, near the front. She also really needed a better paint job. And that nose bridge throws off her look as well.

Then there's the catsuit, which really isn't rounded well enough over her shoulders. The pointed look just throws the whole thing off and makes me never want to take the coat off her again. Not to mention her washboard flat corset. There should definitely be some curvature there. Especially a more hourglass shape on the sides.

Also, the guns aren't exactly close to the standards we have come to expect either. I don't even think they're the correct guns? I could be wrong on that, as she has used so many different models now.

This feels more like an unlicensed attempt, in all honesty. If that were the case, and it was priced around $170, this might not have been that bad actually. I'm glad I have her and I would likely not ever even think of getting rid of her in the coming years, but I do hope they revisit her and do a blue-eyed version sometime down the road, so as to address most of these issues.

So.. I finally got mine as well..
First quick disappointment was the body. Really? Star Ace!? You don't care much, do you...
31666202956_c926a3f3c8_b.jpg

quickly changed body to Phicen - now that's better. but I will need to battle with her boots and neck.
(I've dealt with those before, so no worries there)
31666203076_06267dc895_b.jpg

Now the bodysuit fitting is good. but material finish is 'matte(flat)' It should be 'glossy'
Corset isn't too big as I worried, but the back bottom side is covering her butt too much..In a way, it's still too big then.

I have Kumik's old Selene - which I also switched body with Phicen.
This one has glossy suit, but fit isn't that great.. Nothing is perfect...
30893104843_392639ee8f_b.jpg

For the head sculpt...
I have Figurefun's old 'Black Warrior' Selene, Kumik's Selene and this one.
Figurefun killed the good original Iminime's head sculpt, only thing I save it for was her boots..
Now between StarAce and Kumik. They both have up and downs..
I don't know which one I'm gonna end up using for my final bash. What do you guys think?

30861486834_0df12282c6_b.jpg

I am surprised. This figure looks nothing like a licensed Kate. No idea what they were thinking. Someone pls tell me they won't treat Leo this badly. Leo already is looking worse than prototype in some pics.

Star ace - if you are listening - if you and team don't up your game - you will be washed off this game in 2 years - Mark my words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First quick disappointment was the body. Really? Star Ace!? You don't care much, do you...

quickly changed body to Phicen - now that's better. but I will need to battle with her boots and neck.

Now the bodysuit fitting is good. but material finish is 'matte(flat)' It should be 'glossy'
Corset isn't too big as I worried, but the back bottom side is covering her butt too much..In a way, it's still too big then.

For the head sculpt...
Figurefun killed the good original Iminime's head sculpt, only thing I save it for was her boots..
I don't know which one I'm gonna end up using for my final bash. What do you guys think?

I'd say go with the Star Ace sculpt. Definitely.

That shiny costume is so bad.

Its a shame Star Ace didn't use a gloss material but at least the outfit is well constructed.

For the head sculpt...

Which phicen body did you use? I want to swap mine too!

I plan to pick one up soon, but will then send it out for repainting and hair. I have the old Kumik which was pretty good.

Mine arrived today and she really is SOOO much better in hand than in pics. Although, I still would've loved a blue-eyed alternate head for the price.

But first things first... Gotta get her some accurate pistols.

Mine arrived today and she really is SOOO much better in hand than in pics. Although, I still would've loved a blue-eyed alternate head for the price.

But first things first... Gotta get her some accurate pistols.

If you find such pistols please let me know.

Mine came in today, really impressed by the tailoring and detailing of the outfit. Definitely exceeded my expectations since I set them so low. Sculpt is slightly better in person, especially at certain angles. Still see more Lili Taylor than Kate. I plan to repaint eyes blue, maybe mess around with some of the paint. Also strongly debating on hairing her, although busy with other projects at the moment.
40561a03b9aa2f973c36330d8b6814ec.jpg
22379734e1a86f7042459abd67fb51ba.png
d1029df200f394d82616d11fe4254f96.png
0e32383efd9b0ce66bd42ff6742aad7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back