1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The idea that it is because of racism is simply gibberish.

Everyone knows that the only society where racism permeates every facet of life is America.

:rolleyes2

wanker.gif

I have to assume that it's just the factories SSC is using, as it boggles my mind that we're getting new guys like 3Zero and Star Ace delivering paint work that would not look out of place next to an HT figure. I just wonder why SSC continues to deal with it. They have to know that, as their prices grow, if quality continues to be subpar compared to the competition, things may get rough. As others have said, it's a damn shame because they could have a stronghold on a large corner of the market if they upped their game. Snake, Indy, Beetlejuice, Ash; they're tackling high-profile licenses that aren't really being seen in this hobby, outside of customs.

Oh man, I just realized that I keep defending these 1/6 Sideshow figures. :lol

I for one, believe that there's nothing inherently bad about the Plissken figure except for the horrible paint and lack of weathering. Just like Nathan Drake & Lara Croft, Snake should look fantastic after a repaint.

It's unfortunate though that Sideshow can't paint 1/6 figures, being only a few steps up from Medicom in terms of quality. :(

I have to assume that it's just the factories SSC is using, as it boggles my mind that we're getting new guys like 3Zero and Star Ace delivering paint work that would not look out of place next to an HT figure. I just wonder why SSC continues to deal with it. They have to know that, as their prices grow, if quality continues to be subpar compared to the competition, things may get rough. As others have said, it's a damn shame because they could have a stronghold on a large corner of the market if they upped their game. Snake, Indy, Beetlejuice, Ash; they're tackling high-profile licenses that aren't really being seen in this hobby, outside of customs.

This is why, people should keep their orders. Sure it's not what we hoped for, but it's either this or nothing.

Oh man, I just realized that I keep defending these 1/6 Sideshow figures. :lol

I for one, believe that there's nothing inherently bad about the Plissken figure except for the horrible paint and lack of weathering. Just like Nathan Drake & Lara Croft, Snake should look fantastic after a repaint.

It's unfortunate though that Sideshow can't paint 1/6 figures, being only a few steps up from Medicom in terms of quality. :(

I don't know, Medicom has been doing some amazing stuff lately :lol

Snake isn't "bad", but as you said it's just he paint, non-weathering and from the two reviews the tailoring could use some work. The stitching was falling out of the shirt basically.

I didn't think Plissken looked *that* bad in the video. Not exactly up to the standards we're currently used to, but certainly not a googly moogly eyed cluster**** like Drake turned out to be. I think part of the reason some people might be disappointed is the likeness, though. It's decent, but I think the nicer paintjob made it a bit easier to "like," if you will. I think it was good, but if you look at Trevor's Jack Burton, or even the PCS Macready (is that still happening), I think it could've been better. Though, I'm curious to see what the raw sculpt looked like. Everything other than the sculpt was cool, though, and even that wasn't that bad. I just think that, in the long run, they should really focus on bringing everything up to industry standards.

MacReady got delayed because problems with the outfit I believe, but as far as I know it's still happening. Snake isn't Drake bad, so I would think it's more salvageable with a simple paint job. At least his jaw isn't lopsided.

A re-paint with definitely make the figure look better

It's the lack of detailing to the sculpt that hurts it most, it's very soft and lacking in any sort of detail which is why it looks cheap

The jacket doesn't help the cheap look either

A re-paint with definitely make the figure look better

It's the lack of detailing to the sculpt that hurts it most, it's very soft and lacking in any sort of detail which is why it looks cheap

The jacket doesn't help the cheap look either

Agreed. I wish his beard was slightly thicker, like the proto. Now it just looks like it was painted on...

Well, at least we're 100% he won't come cross eyed.. :lol

True... but the eye placement could still be off on some :lol

This is why, people should keep their orders. Sure it's not what we hoped for, but it's either this or nothing.

This way of thinking is stupid. Guess what? You've lived this long without one, you going to die if you don't order this? And it's the same thing with, "well just repaint it".

Those two reasons is why SS won't change a ****ing thing.

This way of thinking is stupid. Guess what? You've lived this long without one, you going to die if you don't order this? And it's the same thing with, "well just repaint it".

Those two reasons is why SS won't change a ****ing thing.

There's nothing wrong with getting a figure that people have been wanting for the longest time even if it's less than ideal, it's the consumers' decision to make.

Granted, we all want "change" but Sideshow isn't going to recall these figures- not at this stage of being ready for the stores. In the end people would make do by finding joy and improvise on an imperfect figure. To most of the folks getting it, they would rather see the bright side of things- if the sculpt is bad, then there's nothing we could do but if the sculpt is good, something like a repaint would be feasible and will make the stock figure better. Those who want to go after Sideshow with pitchforks are validated, but I just want to enjoy my dollie.

Plus with a username like "Snake Plissken", what do you think his most anticipated figure is? Barney the dinosaur?

There's nothing wrong with getting a figure that people have been wanting for the longest time even if it's less than ideal, it's the consumers' decision to make.

Granted, we all want "change" but Sideshow isn't going to recall these figures- not at this stage of being ready for the stores. In the end people would make do by finding joy and improvise on an imperfect figure. To most of the folks getting it, they would rather see the bright side of things- if the sculpt is bad, then there's nothing we could do but if the sculpt is good, something like a repaint would be feasible and will make the stock figure better. Those who want to go after Sideshow with pitchforks are validated, but I just want to enjoy my dollie.

Plus with a username like "Snake Plissken", what do you think his most anticipated figure is? Barney the dinosaur?

:goodpost:

After Drake, I didn't expect Snake to be amazing. But he's good enough for me to be happy with, that's all that matters to me. And seeing how it will be the only Snake figure outside of custom made, I won't pass on it.

I'll be surprised if a lot of people cancel their pre-orders for this :lol. Sure, it's not perfect, but the price is fairly cheap compared to other 1/6 offerings, and the head-sculpt doesn't look too bad. Even without a repaint of any kind, it does look display-worthy.

Back