1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah did you see Hoth Hand and Luke at Toy Soul, I don't know. Its a shame cause SS has everything else going on a good website, good customer service. Damn Shame. Beetlejuice at least is pale and wont come out tanned like a hot toys figure. :lol

This is why I'll only order the cult favorites that HT won't do from SSC.

I can get it repaint for far less. :lol

Board member? I might go with G'boy if I'm truly unhappy with it.

Did they show hoth Han ??? Wanna see it ? All the pics of toy soul have been iron man and hulk buster.

:lol I wouldn't laugh if it weren't true, **** hot toys now and days :mad: yeah if you go to Budget Starks youtube channel he does a Star Wars like video and they show some SS pieces at the hot toys booth.

Still think it looks pretty much like the proto with the exception of lighting. You'll never see another 1/6 Snake. Spenser's was good but not as good as this. Keeping my order.

That would depend on the painter you go with.

With the $20 coupons SS has released, the Elite Edition figure is coming it at $150 shipped.

I'll reserve paint and finish judgement then.

This is why I'll only order the cult favorites that HT won't do from SSC.

Board member? I might go with G'boy if I'm truly unhappy with it.

G'boy is good, who else is still around that does custom paint work? That's reliable? Customs used to be a touchy subject here back in the day.

If you wouldn't mind dropping a few bucks Jacob Rahmier, silent surfer. For a little less PeteSkywalker and I think in the custom —interest section there are a couple of painters offering services.

I don't know where in China HT factory is but Hong Kong and Cantonese people are not too pppular with a lot of Mandarin Chinese that I know. I would surprised that they would give HT great product and SSC a poor product because they're not Chinese.

If the work is not good then Sideshow must make them improve and not accept work that is not up to standard.

I don't know where in China HT factory is but Hong Kong and Cantonese people are not too pppular with a lot of Mandarin Chinese that I know. I would surprised that they would give HT great product and SSC a poor product because they're not Chinese.

If the work is not good then Sideshow must make them improve and not accept work that is not up to standard.

I work for one of the worlds largest companies and have dealt specifically with outsourcing processes and Chinese production centres.
The idea that it is because of racism is simply gibberish.

Someone should get a job at Sideshow and intentionally request that they be stationed overseas, just so they can visit the manufacturing plant on a day to day basis and tell the workers what to do and what not to do.

:lol Yeah, but who's gonna pay for it? The cost to station someone there would be prohibitive at best. These guys definitely need a solution, maybe Hot Toys can help, but I doubt they would station anyone there full time. They aren't a large automotive company with deep pockets for airline travel, per diems and hotel stays. If I remember correctly, they go over a couple times a year, I was once told at SDCC. Anymore and they would start driving up prices even more.

Too much overreaction based on the usual crappy first few pics/videos. You guys need to calm down and wait a few weeks for the real 1/6 collectors to get their hands on them and take pics. Not these awful so called "collectors" who've done these horrid reviews who have clearly zero clue on how to pose, futz, and, in general, handle these figures.

I would never base my opinion on these youtube videos. Between this and Superman so far the only people to have gotten these in hand are clowns. Clowns I say!

saw this on facebook described my feelings this past week.

10408557_843798918976810_2815588264265415777_n.jpg

Still think it looks pretty much like the proto with the exception of lighting. You'll never see another 1/6 Snake. Spenser's was good but not as good as this. Keeping my order.

:exactly:

Good move. It will be the only Snake done, I think that's pretty clear.

saw this on facebook described my feelings this past week.

View attachment 153649

Couldn't be anymore true.

:lol Yeah, but who's gonna pay for it? The cost to station someone there would be prohibitive at best. These guys definitely need a solution, maybe Hot Toys can help, but I doubt they would station anyone there full time. They aren't a large automotive company with deep pockets for airline travel, per diems and hotel stays. If I remember correctly, they go over a couple times a year, I was once told at SDCC. Anymore and they would start driving up prices even more.

I volunteer as tribute.

Back