1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just need some pics in normal lights... all the stuff w/ the bright LED lighting looks like its making them extremely flat in color...

Canceled my order. Video review from yesterday felt like they were talking about a different figure than the one being shown. You've gotta do better than this, Sideshow.

Yeah, I wish MWCtoys got more early reviews of 1/6 figures... seems they go more to the youtube reviewers, who do a nice job, but it's really hard to tell how good the figure really looks even with HD videos.
I would prefer this just because I feel Crawford would be more objective. That review almost felt like they were reading a script SSC sent them.

And maybe that's why he doesn't get them as much :lol Although I do find him to be the most honest and balanced reviewer out there... and I appreciate how he captures what the figure really looks like. He really knows what he's doing :lecture

Yeah even though it's darker lighting the figure looks cool and the belt maybe adjustable enough to futz with the pants and make them look less baggy on the upper part. I wish I could get some Spenser kit pants.

Last edited:
And maybe that's why he doesn't get them as much :lol Although I do find him to be the most honest and balanced reviewer out there... and I appreciate how he captures what the figure really looks like. He really knows what he's doing :lecture
Agreed with your first question. He's been doing it a long time. I was reading his reviews before I ever heard about this forum.

Its like most of the YouTube reviewers just LOVE everything. At least not to the degree of exaltation that last review was, but no one has anything bad to say. I dont know if their all buzzed over a new figure or what. Its a pity because that " Da Bomb" or "Hot Chicks" or whatever the hell they call themselves have, without a doubt, the best production values. I like how they even break the figure down, and dont handle it a lot. But sheesh.....

Same here... I actually found out about forums (first Rebelscum, then here) buy clicking on one of his links in his review for a place where I discuss the reviews further :lol

I for the most part can't stand any of the you tube reviewers and haven't been swayed by their opinion either direction.

Crawford is pretty much it.

Its like most of the YouTube reviewers just LOVE everything. At least not to the degree of exaltation that last review was, but no one has anything bad to say. I dont know if their all buzzed over a new figure or what. Its a pity because that " Da Bomb" or "Hot Chicks" or whatever the hell they call themselves have, without a doubt, the best production values. I like how they even break the figure down, and dont handle it a lot. But sheesh.....

True. The only thing I don't like from their reviews it's the corny intros and the dude that always has a nervous tick.

45c7a787-3610-4880-a469-37fb72b88404_zps46abefb5.png

At least the eye is aligned correctly on this figure versus the one on the bomb show.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418918199.648393.jpg

Who will be first to get a cross-eyed sculpt?

How can it be cross eyed with one eye?

Sideshow will find a way :lecture

I actually hadn't noticed the different eye placement... I much prefer how the eye turned out for the 2nd review. Still looking through the lid/pissed, but not full on. When the eyes are full-on like that only a few poses really work :lol

Sideshow will find a way :lecture

I actually hadn't noticed the different eye placement... I much prefer how the eye turned out for the 2nd review. Still looking through the lid/pissed, but not full on. When the eyes are full-on like that only a few poses really work :lol

The eye does look ever so slightly off in the latest review, I hope that's just lighting.

Stupid me didn't know that 14 day notices are only for people that are paying in full at time of release, and not flex payers... I'm an idiot.

Well I liked the 2nd video, liked the eye placement: I hope mine is like that not looking up. WTF with the tailoring on the black shirt SS, piss poor stitching. Can't wait to read Michael's take on this figure--he will present a balanced review, warts and all.

Back