1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because you should be hard selling me on Sideshow products...

I don't care what you buy.

...the way you defend them so much :wink1:

Are they being attacked?

its hard to tell but sometimes you seem like a real instigator to be honest, so yeah.

I seem like an instigator? Am I calling people, who opt to buy a product that is not the best available, cultists?

It might not sound that way when you talk in real life and you might be using a little cutesy voice but since there is only text here I can't honestly tell.

I sure as hell am not using a cutesy little voice.

I don't care what you buy.

Are they being attacked?

I seem like an instigator? Am I calling people, who opt to buy a product that is not the best available, cultists?

I sure as hell am not using a cutesy little voice.

You mad bro? My job is done here :lol just the fact you had those quotes ready for this post is hilarious.

From the first look impressions I'm glad I canceled, might still pick it up when it goes on sale, depends if any talented people sculpt a head that actually looks like Kurt Russel...

You mad bro? My job is done here :lol just the fact you had those quotes ready for this post is hilarious.

Ready for this post? What does that mean?

So, I'm mad because I'm not posting in a sugarcoated voice for you? And that makes me confrontational, or something? Or what? You consider it your job to make me mad? And I'm being confrontational?

I ask questions because you frequently make no sense. A little non-contradictory behavior goes a long way. I'm looking for some clarity out of you, but you seem to have a problem with that.

Got my 14 day notice last night too - nice to wake up to. I think the sculpt is solid, but as others have said, the paint work falls short of top end figures. Of course, at $100 less than a lot of the current Hot Toys crop, I'm not surprised. I am very happy to see the great accessories though, and I'm even happier that this is the start of a 'cult classics' sixth scale series, something I've been wanting for years.

With the price increases we are seeing with Sideshow's upcoming releases, they are going to have to step up the paint quality.

Got my 14 day notice last night too - nice to wake up to. I think the sculpt is solid, but as others have said, the paint work falls short of top end figures. Of course, at $100 less than a lot of the current Hot Toys crop, I'm not surprised. I am very happy to see the great accessories though, and I'm even happier that this is the start of a 'cult classics' sixth scale series, something I've been wanting for years.

With the price increases we are seeing with Sideshow's upcoming releases, they are going to have to step up the paint quality.

:goodpost: Can't wait to read your review, already sounds like you are being unbiased compared to the video just posted.

Looking forward to your review, these first two reviews leave much to be desired... First ones all bad photos and the second ones shines a bright light on it to drown out any of the detail...

I think it looks decent for a $160 figure. I imagine Threezero's Game of Thrones line to be of a similar quality. Obviously SSC will need to be better than this with figures they are charging $220+ for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doesn't look jaw dropping in that video review, but not bad for the price. Hope to see some in hands soon. Have rewards points burning a whole in my cyber wallet.

Was Snake in Iron Man?

:lol :lol

What's with the jawline of Sideshow's latest heads becoming too wide in production?

It's the eye plate they now use... at least on Drake it was too wide at the base, causing the chin to look distended. Not to hard to fix, but not acceptable that he showed up looking the way he did.

15 days out. I wouldn't expect any shipping out till the second week of January.

That'd be my guess as well... maybe if we're lucky we'll get him in hand before January 10th, but I'm not holding my breath.

And he's been around for ages, I like the pics too, tends to show what you are going to get as apposed to a Jingle Bell photo shoot.

Yeah, I wish MWCtoys got more early reviews of 1/6 figures... seems they go more to the youtube reviewers, who do a nice job, but it's really hard to tell how good the figure really looks even with HD videos.

Good news on this new review, even though the video quality is a bit lower, I can actually see some pink in the hands around the nuckles. And he didn't appear as yellow as the previous review; so fingers crossed.

3a15974f-e807-4ad6-b160-7876aeeaa832_zpse32e033b.png

And the sculpt looks to have the same detail others feared might have been lost in production; namely the vein in his forehead.

45c7a787-3610-4880-a469-37fb72b88404_zps46abefb5.png

Back