1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried heating and bending the chest armor more horizontal.

DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS THE PAINT WILL CRACK.

I cry a little inside. Thought you should all know.

Is this the piece that goes over his shoulders and has the little hook for the cape?

If so, I have a spare if you're in the US. We could work something out.

Is this the piece that goes over his shoulders and has the little hook for the cape?

If so, I have a spare if you're in the US. We could work something out.

It doesn't bother me that much but thank you. I have no $ for toy parts atm.

I just pointed it out in case others had the same idea! It's just knowing there's a few blemishes in the paint that makes me cringe. :lol

Do you have any more input on what could be improved, based on the new shots below?
Not really. I think what you've done with the stock parts look great! Unless you're going to start substituting custom parts in and going to extremes, I'd say you're golden. It looks really, really good.

IMG_1667_2_small.jpg

You can angle the shoulder armor as far to his neck as possible to make it more angular. It's what I did.

Thanks for the info, I might try that. :) BTW, was it your idea to use a regular TT midsection? I seem to recall that you posted using that, but I couldn't find the post anymore. Anyway, if it was you, thanks a lot for the idea, it was much easier than modifying the original body, and now I can still reverse any changes if I'd like to.

Not really. I think what you've done with the stock parts look great! Unless you're going to start substituting custom parts in and going to extremes, I'd say you're golden. It looks really, really good.

Thanks. :) I love all the work you've done on your SW figs, so I appreciate your feedback a lot. I'd love to substitute some parts to make him more accurate, but limited funds are currently keeping me from even considering that option. Perhaps if somebody on the boards were to offer some, I'd start thinking about it.

Since I'm on a picture-taking frenzy anyway, here are some more shots. :p
The final thing I did was move Vader's belt and codpiece up just a tiny bit, to make his legs appear a bit longer in proportion to his upper body. Then just some posing.
Note that the Emperor's hand is unmodified, I still have to add sculpy and repaint it.

I couldn't be happier with my Vader now, especially considering I didn't invest a single cent into any of the modifications.

IMG_1677_2_small.jpg

IMG_1684_2_small.jpg

IMG_1685_2_small.jpg

IMG_1685_3_small.jpg

Your Vader looks awesome, congrats!
Has anybody thought about using a fat suit on Vader? Like the HT Adam West Batman. Seems to be that might make him look more bulky.

Thanks for the info, I might try that. :) BTW, was it your idea to use a regular TT midsection? I seem to recall that you posted using that, but I couldn't find the post anymore. Anyway, if it was you, thanks a lot for the idea, it was much easier than modifying the original body, and now I can still reverse any changes if I'd like to.

Thanks. :) I love all the work you've done on your SW figs, so I appreciate your feedback a lot. I'd love to substitute some parts to make him more accurate, but limited funds are currently keeping me from even considering that option. Perhaps if somebody on the boards were to offer some, I'd start thinking about it.

Ofcourse that was my idea! I am an amazing person. :lol

Since I'm on a picture-taking frenzy anyway, here are some more shots. :p
The final thing I did was move Vader's belt and codpiece up just a tiny bit, to make his legs appear a bit longer in proportion to his upper body. Then just some posing.
Note that the Emperor's hand is unmodified, I still have to add sculpy and repaint it.

I couldn't be happier with my Vader now, especially considering I didn't invest a single cent into any of the modifications.

IMG_1677_2_small.jpg

IMG_1684_2_small.jpg

IMG_1685_2_small.jpg

IMG_1685_3_small.jpg

Man your emperor is really giving mine a run for it's money! Looks incredible!

Your Vader looks awesome, congrats!
Has anybody thought about using a fat suit on Vader? Like the HT Adam West Batman. Seems to be that might make him look more bulky.

Great job. Vader looks like the real thing.

This looks fantastic!!!! Really well done. Good stuff.

Thanks, guys. :)

@abake, I would definitely advice against a fatsuit. I think the hips, abdomen, and chest are already wide enough as is, adding a fatsuit would only make him pudgy.

Here's what my Vader now looks like under the bodysuit. The waist is only padded because the advanced TT midsection I used was of course much smaller than the rest of the body.

IMG_1424_small.jpg

Man your emperor is really giving mine a run for it's money! Looks incredible!

Well, what are you waiting for? Get on it! :p

@abake, I would definitely advice against a fatsuit. I think the hips, abdomen, and chest are already wide enough as is, adding a fatsuit would only make him pudgy.

Here's what my Vader now looks like under the bodysuit. The waist is only padded because the advanced TT midsection I used was of course much smaller than the rest of the body.

IMG_1424_small.jpg

Haha no I'm settled with emperor as he is. Maybe one day.. Besides' mine has the re tailored outer robes. Get on it :lol

IMG_1424_small.jpg

I am joking only but it looks like the figure is wearing adult diaper or something.....:wink1:

I was thinking of using the medicom vader chest armor that I have since it has that nice flair to it.

That's what I wanted to do but I don't have a Medi figure. If you end up not liking it I'd be interested in it if you aren't using it. ^^ Pretty sure I could customize it to my desire if it turned out to be too small.

That's what I wanted to do but I don't have a Medi figure. If you end up not liking it I'd be interested in it if you aren't using it. ^^ Pretty sure I could customize it to my desire if it turned out to be too small.

I think it looks pretty good on him. it makes his shoulders more broad compared to the ssc stock chest plate I think it looks better on him. I also gave him the real chain that went with the medi cape

I think it looks pretty good on him. it makes his shoulders more broad compared to the ssc stock chest plate I think it looks better on him. I also gave him the real chain that went with the medi cape

Pictures? Gha wish medi parts were as was to come by as sideshow stuff. They don't seem to get parted out on the evil bay.

Haha no I'm settled with emperor as he is. Maybe one day.. Besides' mine has the re tailored outer robes. Get on it :lol

The one thing that's bugging me most is the way the hood sits on the left (his right) shoulder. I might have to retailor to get that fixed, yeah. Other then that, I don't know what could/should be retailored actually. I think getting the body underneath more accurate is more important. I might have to slim down the shoulders a bit more, and perhaps fill out his chest some more.

I am joking only but it looks like the figure is wearing adult diaper or something.....:wink1:

I guess in this case it's not the inner beauty that counts. ;)

Back