1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm liking the mods on these. They look pretty good but I think I will keep mine stock. The only mod I want to do is pick up a New Hope lighsaber. I like the thinner saber better than the thick one. Anyone want to trade? Lol

Looks sweet LOPIE! And I thought that this stock Vader was huge! But it's nothing compared to the mammoth of the ANH version! What is it 15 inches tall?
I think its 14.5 inches.

Now its time to modify that ANH Vader, Lopie. That dome.....sheesh.
Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Yea, its bad LOL. I'm working on it right now.

Hey guys, how to shortened the vader's neck?, pls need advice for someone who already doing neck mod..

I finally received my Vader. First thing I noticed was that the dome was more bothersome than I thought. The fact that it is too small not only ruined the silhouette but also caused the entire helmet to seem small...even more do than what I was expecting from pictures. Anyway, I put on a custom ANH Hurricane dome and it made such a difference. It looks more accurate overall and the figure looks better proportioned. I can't wait to get hurricane's ROTJ dome. Anyway, I snapped a few crappy iphone pics:

Attachments

• D200904E-E8BA-47A7-86E1-398CCB378E5C.jpg
    D200904E-E8BA-47A7-86E1-398CCB378E5C.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 431
Well the aren't the best pictures in the world (the perspective kind of makes his shoulders more narrow and the flare really short) but in person it looks MUCH better than the stock dome.

Last edited:
That's some serious camera distortion there. ESB Vader's Dome looks waaaaaay better in person.

Ouch. :lol

But yeah, tbh I'm not crazy about the dome either. You're better off just lowering the stock dome.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Ha! You guys are brutal. Amusing stuff (especially taco bell) though I hate that I misrepresented someone else's work. It really doesn't look bad in person. I took a couple quick pics on the way to dinner with my phone and the lens distortion along with the perspective I chose makes it look short and ill-fitting.

In reality it looks similar to how the hasbro dome would on that facemask. I think McHaley took some pictures earlier in the thread of that combo which looks decent. Also, there are quite a few pics of hurricane helmets in here that better show off how his domes look. Of course, no current solution is perfect because of the facemask. Ideally, the stock facemask needs to go since it is way too long. The stock dome compensated for this by including a longer, inaccurate flare but the top of the dome is still too narrow on that to look good, even when lowered.

The stock dome compensated for this by including a longer, inaccurate flare but the top of the dome is still too narrow on that to look good, even when lowered.

Not true... Here is a pic of my stock dome lowered. I think it works well.

Last edited:
Back