1/6 scale muscle bodies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrogantPycho

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I recently bought a ZC toys Emulated muscle body for my Rick Grimes custom, but I seem to be having trouble connecting the head to the body.
Whenever I connect the head, it is easily pulled out when pivoted left or right, and is irritating.

My question is, is this normal for a muscle body? Or have I been too cheap and bought a crap muscle body. If so, could some of you make suggestions as to what, easily obtainable, cheap, but good quality muscle body I should be aiming my eyes at.

Thanks!

Whats coming out?
The body inner neck plug +peg?
The plug must be loose, or the Head too tight on the peg.
Maybe some glue Will tighten the grip and avoid the socket to come out.
Dab of glue and keep moving the socket until it dries.

Yeah, it's the whole socket that's popping out. I'd have to agree that the socket isn't tight enough on the body.

Yep, glue Will do the trick.
Now i would not glue it permanantly, you never know What you might need to modify later.

Put some little glue either inside the socket or on the neck ball joint inside the body and keep moving the socket while it dries.
It will create more friction, tighter fit.
This trick can be used on all loose body parts, foot pegs, neck, arms, etc...
The idea is to add a layer that will make everything tighter.
Some use nail polish too.
:)

Are both sides of the neck socket adapter thing, the same size holes? or is the a certain way it should go on? I ask because I wonder if would be a good idea to swap which end is in the body, and which end goes into the head, so that the strong ball socket is holding onto the body whilst the weak one holds the head. Or is this a stupid idea to you?

Maybe they reversed the socket by mistake, so yeah you can try.
But be carefull, if it has to be forced you could break the socket.
Warm it up to soften it a bit, either with a hairdryer or dipping it in hot water.
These tricks also help for removing body parts who are too tight and risk breakage.

Dunno about Zc bodies but on hot toys muscular bodies (ttm19/20) the socket holes have slightly different sizes.
They CAN be swaped but risk of break is possible.
Those sockets are not easy or cheap to come by so beware.
If you ever do break one there is a cool fix that actually ends up having a better socket in my opinion.
Replacing muscular neck connectors

Nah.. I did it, didn't work. to be honest, I'm not really impressed with this body, is there a certain muscle body you'd be able to recommend? If not I'll just look around.

Nah.. I did it, didn't work. to be honest, I'm not really impressed with this body, is there a certain muscle body you'd be able to recommend? If not I'll just look around.

I used the hot toys bruce banner body for my Grimes custom, great quality, same torso as the body you bought except its the original and the one you got is the knock-off, also the arms are not as big and have double jointed elbows, a pretty good body I think for a Rick. You can find these on ebay or stores like Toy Anxiety.

16389267216_b502854ea1_b.jpg

The glue will do the trick.

As for bodies, all the clones of Ttm19 usually have a shiny plastic look with no paint applications.
I find that pretty annoying when you are using these bodies to show some parts of the chest, arms .
The only other body than the Zctoys you have that comes to my mind is the worldbox bodies, i have 2, they are painted, very solid.
The neck ball is fixed inside the neck, and cant be removed the chest being very hard plastic.
It has its up and down, i had to rework a head to make it sit properly on the neck.

i have read only good things about the zc body, its painted, soft chest and cheap from all the clones it looks like its the best.
I ordered 2. Now if you got the money, a Bruce banner, wolwerine or ttm19 are good options :)

Btw if you could do some pics of the zc body that would be cool i havent seen A lot in hands pics online :)

Last edited:
I think the only problem with this body, is that the neck socket thingy, won't stop on the body. It sucks.

9 Btw if you could do some pics of the zc body that would be cool i havent seen A lot in hands pics online :)

I really hope I've not just messed up this quote.

Anyway, in hand, the body literally just looks exactly like the online picks.

I think the only problem with this body, is that the neck socket thingy, won't stop on the body. It sucks.

It might be cracked, sometimes there is a hairline crack in the plastic that does not allow the plug to lock on the peg, could you take a picture of the problem neck socket?

Back