1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, Hoody, for your candid feedback it is always welcomed.:duff

I fully understand your frustration :tap:impatient:and everyone?s patience is very much appreciated as always, we all knew that this was never going to be a quick build as there has been numerous changes requested from you guys, improvements from me, moulds remade as I wasn't happy with the quality and so on.

Additionally this isn't my regular occupation or profession so isn?t in all essence of the term a business so doesn't function as one would expect.
I do not earn a living nor have I any desire to get rich from it and is purely a hobby which I am extremely good at I love doing in my spare time.
I very rarely take deposits because I can never fully commit to completion times as a result of my extremely demanding career in the medical imaging sector. (In excess of 70hours per week on some occasions)and provide 24hours on-call in emergencies.
The problem I have is spare time and the lack of it, I have never failed to finish a build and you all know it will be of the very highest of quality, finish and will be well worth the wait.

I have the last ?big Build? on the bench to finish off for Big Chief Studios in time for ComiCon before the Landspeeder can get my full attention.

I am especially bad at pricing and would in reality give stuff away for nothing, so Pete is the brains and looks after that bit as I can?t be trusted :dunno:lol

I really wanted to show the finished build in all its glory, however all being well the Landspeder will be 700 + shipping (GBP)

Jas

Thanks for the update, Jas.

So that's around US$900 plus shipping (which I assume will be a bit on the pricier side due to weight/size - in the 75GBP/US$100+ to the US or more distant international locations?)

One other question about the overall dimensions of the speeder: will it (placed at an angle obviously) fit in a Stuva cabinet? A Stuva is 600 x 500 x 640mm (WxDxH.)

Yeah that's around the price I was kinda expecting for this. Maybe a bit higher than I'd prefer, but still reasonable given all the work involved. And especially when you also factor in the paint job.

Yeah that's around the price I was kinda expecting for this. Maybe a bit higher than I'd prefer, but still reasonable given all the work involved.

Jas mentioned in early Feb last year he was confident it would be less than the Sideshow Jabba (from SSC US$800 + shipping)...

I'm really really pleased with the result and can't thank you guys enough for your patients, a build of this level just can't be rushed and I'm hoping to get the first complete cast over to Pete by the end of the Month.

If you wonderful people have any ideas on paint now may be the time to jump in.

PS: There has been so much interest with this build that I've made a second set of moulds as I don't think a single mould would make it till the end.

TBC but I'm fairly confident it won't be as expensive as Jabba :wink1:

Jas

...but there were some unexpected mold changes and additions (electronics among them) etc in the year since then, and also I'd assume SSC Jabba was more expensive in the UK than direct from Sideshow so maybe the direct-from-SSC price wasn't the right "presumed price" marker that people should have used.

This will be a hell of a lot cheaper than the Jabba to ship however - I could actually get into the Jabba box and close it.:lol

I'm not sure if I should decide, of leave it up to my kids to figure out, which one of them has to go.

Hey Jas,

I know you are on the frontline being a medical worker, and I just wanted to send you my thoughts.

As much as I'm looking forward to the speeder, this pandemic really puts everything into perspective.

Take care of yourself and your loved ones.

Thanks guys, the wife is also a complex nurse for children in the community so saying things are a little tense at the minute is an understatement.
We're not on full lockdown......yet...but will be very soon if the morons keep panic buying and ignoring the social distancing advice.

Things are still moving along at a steady pace, have posted some updates on my FB.
Will keep you all up to speed.

Stay safe people

Hope you're all safe & well through these scary times?
Unfortunately / fortunately (which ever way you look at it) I'm still hard at work every morning doing my little bit to help :medic

Any who......got a few hours in the J-Cave this weekend to work on the Speeder.
The cutting files for the all new lightweight cockpit are 95% finalised, with just a few little improvements needed to get them perfect.
But overall I'm pretty pleased with the quality

Image 173.jpg

Image 174.jpg

Image 175.jpg

Image 176.jpg

Image 177.jpg

Stay safe people

Jas

Congratulations to all that ordered this. Truly a thing of beauty!

Cheers buddy, this has been built from the ground up using original plans and screen stills so is extremely movie accurate as well as lots of input from the serious collectors and wonderful people on here who want an true accurate scale movie replica.

Hope you're all safe & well through these scary times?
Unfortunately / fortunately (which ever way you look at it) I'm still hard at work every morning doing my little bit to help :medic

Any who......got a few hours in the J-Cave this weekend to work on the Speeder.
The cutting files for the all new lightweight cockpit are 95% finalised, with just a few little improvements needed to get them perfect.
But overall I'm pretty pleased with the quality

View attachment 482177

View attachment 482178

View attachment 482179

View attachment 482180

View attachment 482181

Stay safe people

Jas

Looking awesome.:clap

And yeah, knowing you were in medicine/NHS I kinda figured you'd be on the front line of this. Hopefully there's time enough for some rest and depressurization in such a 24/7 crisis.

Right back at it chaps, some of you may know that I was put in isolation as it looks like I contracted COVID-19 but thankfully over the worst now and on the mend.....trust me chaps stay inside as this virus is a proper nasty one. Fortunately I'm pretty fit & healthy (Mountain biker & runner) so have managed to fight it off.

First 3 Landspeeders are together and I'm just finalizing the last few bits.

Speeder_01.JPG

Speeder_02.JPG

Speeder_03.JPG

Speeder_04.JPG

Speeder_05.jpg

Speeder_06.JPG

Speeder_07.JPG

Speeder_08.JPG

I'm currently re-doing the engine grille / mesh as I think it can be improved, apart from that everything is done and its just a matter of getting it all together and painted.

Been a long time in the making but will be well worth the wait, and again thank you for your patience guys.

Stay safe

Jas,

Glad your doing better and it?s amazing you were able to fight thru this COV-19. Your health and the safety of your family is far more important than any collectible.
Stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So glad you are healing. I pray it continues.

And as far as the speeder goes....D to the ang! is that cool!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Back