1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Met up with Pete the weekend.. great to see you again buddy and will definitely get a BBQ & bears sorted.

Handed over some nice dioramas and a commission build.
I also handed Pete some parts of the speeder for test painting.

Just waiting on the new roto-caster upgrades to be delivered.
I'm cracking on with some of the other dioramas and commissions in the meantime.

Jas

Met up with Pete the weekend.. great to see you again buddy and will definitely get a BBQ & bears sorted.

Handed over some nice dioramas and a commission build.
I also handed Pete some parts of the speeder for test painting.

Just waiting on the new roto-caster upgrades to be delivered.
I'm cracking on with some of the other dioramas and commissions in the meantime.

Jas
You guys are going to BBQ some bears? Life in Wales is a lot crazier than I thought.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Scratch, your work is amazing and I can’t wait to buy one of these for my Luke!

Forgive me if you’ve been asked this a bunch, but do you think you’ll ever make some sort of a Cantina Environment?

Forgive me if you’ve been asked this a bunch, but do you think you’ll ever make some sort of a Cantina Environment?

Cheers buddy, I've been asked to make a Cantina a number of times and is definitely possible.
If you wouldn't mind dropping me an email me @ [email protected] we can have a chat :wink1:

Jas

Cheers buddy, I've been asked to make a Cantina a number of times and is definitely possible.
If you wouldn't mind dropping me an email me @ [email protected] we can have a chat :wink1:

Jas

Yeah, that would be a great one - do the front "U"-shaped part (would be maybe 16-18" diameter/wide, plus maybe a few inches of straight bar on the back sides) along with some floor, do the drinks dispenser parts behind (somewhat modular tubes, could cast a Hasbro 12" IG-88 head to replicate as the main part to save on sculpt/build time) The whole dio could be 2' wide and 18" deep.

Even a more limited dio - just a straight section of the bar along with a quarter curve (maybe 16" long) with dispenser backdrop and floor segment - would be cool.

Either way, you get a HT Sandtrooper, Ben, Luke, Chewy, Han, SSC Greedo and Hammerhead in there, maybe 3PO and R2 as well. Would look awesome. Most iconic SW locale ever.

Yet not sure I've ever seen a cantina done in 1/6 before.

Yeah, that would be a great one - do the front "U"-shaped part (would be maybe 16-18" diameter/wide, plus maybe a few inches of straight bar on the back sides) along with some floor, do the drinks dispenser parts behind (somewhat modular tubes, could cast a Hasbro 12" IG-88 head to replicate as the main part to save on sculpt/build time) The whole dio could be 2' wide and 18" deep.

Even a more limited dio - just a straight section of the bar along with a quarter curve (maybe 16" long) with dispenser backdrop and floor segment - would be cool.

Either way, you get a HT Sandtrooper, Ben, Luke, Chewy, Han, SSC Greedo and Hammerhead in there, maybe 3PO and R2 as well. Would look awesome. Most iconic SW locale ever.

Yet not sure I've ever seen a cantina done in 1/6 before.

Sounds like a great possible future build (expect "someone" will rush out a version pretty soon now) :rotfl :lol

If you guys have any ideas for dios / vehicles it may be safer to drop me an email as you don't know who's lurking :lurking

Absolutely amazing prints my friend. Wow! They are stunning.

Did not know it could produce such quality. Looking at Munster and Boba. Speechless.

Absolutely amazing prints my friend. Wow! They are stunning.

Did not know it could produce such quality. Looking at Munster and Boba. Speechless.

The reason I purchased this 3d printer was the quality of the prints, we are currently in talks with a truly amazing figure sculptor and hope to be putting that printed to good effect very soon :wink1:

Have dropped you a quick email with updates on the status of your current commissions and all of the other planned SW builds.
There's some seriously awesome and iconic builds in that list :yess:

Jas

The reason I purchased this 3d printer was the quality of the prints, we are currently in talks with a truly amazing figure sculptor and hope to be putting that printed to good effect very soon :wink1:

Have dropped you a quick email with updates on the status of your current commissions and all of the other planned SW builds.
There's some seriously awesome and iconic builds in that list :yess:

Jas

What 3D printer have you finally decided upon, ScratchBuilder?
m.

What 3D printer have you finally decided upon, ScratchBuilder?
m.

I've got 2 both from Anycubic one is a Mega & the other is a Photon.
The Mega is perfect for large rapid prototyping and the Photon is for the very small and highly detailed parts and the quality is incredible.

3d Printers.jpg

The Mega is a great piece of kit and created the master patterns for these.

Image 06.jpg

Image 81.jpg

I personally wouldn't use filament prints on a finished build as the quality isn't quite there yet, but the resin is nothing short of mind blowing.

Jas

Parts have started to arrive to make a new rotocaster machine.

Image 01.jpg

Image 02.jpg

Image 03.jpg

Just waiting for the mini-moto sprockets and I can start the setting out and getting the aluminium cut.

I've got 2 both from Anycubic one is a Mega & the other is a Photon.
The Mega is perfect for large rapid prototyping and the Photon is for the very small and highly detailed parts and the quality is incredible.

View attachment 452403

The Mega is a great piece of kit and created the master patterns for these.

View attachment 452404

View attachment 452405

I personally wouldn't use filament prints on a finished build as the quality isn't quite there yet, but the resin is nothing short of mind blowing.

Jas

I guess you mean you printed those almost-perfect patterns with the photon, right? Not the mega, which is a filament printer and its quality is not good enough, right?

BTW could you show something printed with the mega?

Concerning the Photon:

1) Assuming that I am right and those patterns you show on your post were actually printed with the Photon, how does the latter fare with completely flat surfaces, such as those seen precisely on those 2 patterns? They look as if done in a factory, perfectly flat where it is due to be flat, but there might be some postprocessing done on them to remove printing artifacts, such as some sanding or airbrush painting. Was there any, or they came out of the Photon just as perfect as what is seen on your pictures?

2) If quality on the Photon is that good, and generation loss is something to avoid, why don't you just make a 3D negative of the 3D model on software, which would be equivalent to a mold, then print that mold, and save one step and one generation? Is it because the resin won't stand the casting procedure, or many repetitions thereof? If that is not the reason, I don't think money or time would be: you can do the 3D negative so that it doesn't need lots of resin.

Anyway, your setup sure looks awesome, and its performance is evident by the proofs you show. Go ahead buddy.

Parts have started to arrive to make a new rotocaster machine.

View attachment 452407

View attachment 452408

View attachment 452409

Just waiting for the mini-moto sprockets and I can start the setting out and getting the aluminium cut.

Astonishing....... I really envy you for being such a pro....!

Thanks,
m.

Back