1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a price in mind and just need to finalise a few things before we commit. (weight, packaging, shipping, amazing professional paint job and a few extra little details), so not long left now chaps and it will be well worth the wait.

A couple of years in the development, countless hours of research and the feedback from you guys has been absolutely vital in recreating this iconic movie accurate (and correct scale) Landspeeder...and believe is the only one of this quality currently available anywhere in the world.

Only 30 units being made so is an extremely limited edition build, with a huge waiting list.

Thank you all for your patients and help....you guys are awesome :hi5:

Jas

Not to be a bother, but do you have a list of who is in the batch of 30 and who is on the waiting list? I have no idea where my name falls and I want to be ready when this goes live.

Don't worry. The price will shorten the list. That's an awesome build and I believe the price tag will also be.

Not to be a bother, but do you have a list of who is in the batch of 30 and who is on the waiting list? I have no idea where my name falls and I want to be ready when this goes live.

Hi there

We tend not to publish our customer lists sorry as some request to remain anonymous, especially for our one-off commissions.
Can you drop me an email with your details please and I'll have a check.

Jas

A busy weekend getting the speeder body prepped for casting......and I'm finally there :yess:
Thrusters are off and keyways installed for easy reassembly, and everything is now fully filled, sanded, primed and dismantled ready to make the rubber moulds.

I've got a few options available so will have a think at the which is the best.
I will most likely go with a slush / hollow cast as calculating the weight for a solid cast would make this over 7kg :horror

Really pleased with the scale, the level of detail and I'm confident it is a perfect movie replica...only in 1/6th.

Image 97.jpg

Image 98.jpg

Now where did I put that RTV rubber?

I just looked up my first direct email to you about this, Jas; 30th November 2017.

I believe it said something about me donating a kidney to get this thing, and that you can already take my money as I've been eagerly waiting on one of these since 1978 when I had the original Kenner one for the action figures.

I can't believe we're finally almost there!!!!

So damn pumped!!!!

I just looked up my first direct email to you about this, Jas; 30th November 2017.

I believe it said something about me donating a kidney to get this thing, and that you can already take my money as I've been eagerly waiting on one of these since 1978 when I had the original Kenner one for the action figures.

I can't believe we're finally almost there!!!!

So damn pumped!!!!

:rotfl yeah really sorry about the wait chaps, but with a SW vehicle so incredibly iconic and to get it right it couldn't be rushed. I also need to ensure that this is as close to movie accurate as possible and for the collector (you wonderful people) to have input and decide on what features and details you wanted.

I plan to get the very first (No01) over to Pete on 24th for the paint job and I have no doubt what so ever he'll create something truly mind blowing.

Update very soon Jas

I think I speak for everyone when I say there's no need to apologize about the wait! The quality on display here is mind-blowing - and the journey has been so informative and fun to watch.

Pete is currently doing my Bandai Millennium Falcon, and seeing the truly jaw-dropping job he's doing on that, has me so friggen excited to see the culmination of your's and Pete's combined talents on this beast. Gonna be something truly special.

I think I speak for everyone when I say there's no need to apologize about the wait! The quality on display here is mind-blowing - and the journey has been so informative and fun to watch.

Pete is currently doing my Bandai Millennium Falcon, and seeing the truly jaw-dropping job he's doing on that, has me so friggen excited to see the culmination of your's and Pete's combined talents on this beast. Gonna be something truly special.

Cheers buddy

Have dropped you a quick email....and I've seen your Falcon that Pete is painting and OMG it is a work out art and absolutely stunning.

Jas

Hollow is definitely the way to go - it would be prohibitively expensive to ship with a solid hull. Looking good.

Hollow is definitely the way to go - it would be prohibitively expensive to ship with a solid hull. Looking good.

Totally. Also the material costs to cast it solid wouldn't help the end price. Add to that potential warpage due to shrinkage of a thick section and it seems hollow is definitely the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hollow cast it is, moulds are under way and will start with the thrusters.
I've already moulded and cast a test thruster (which came out perfect) but was an open ended mould so I will create a new mould better suited for slush casting.

I have decided that the detail on the dash can be improved, to resemble something more like in the second image.
Not quite sure if that much detail can be squeezed into such a small area...but I'll give it a go and may increase the size of the dash / panel slightly.

Image 46.jpg

landspeederdash.jpg

This won't delay progress any and is something I can work on between casts.

Jas

Hey, just curious. In terms of 3D printing and casting I’ve only worked with precious metals; the smallest dimension for a reliable cast is .4mm — plus cast metals need to be cleaned up and polished so even that may need additional tolerances built in to account for material loss.

How small can you go when creating fine details in plastics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have decided that the detail on the dash can be improved, to resemble something more like in the second image.
Not quite sure if that much detail can be squeezed into such a small area...but I'll give it a go and may increase the size of the dash / panel slightly.

View attachment 450030

View attachment 450032

This won't delay progress any and is something I can work on between casts.

Jas

Sounds like a good idea to me if it's not going to raise costs at all.

Back