1:6 scale Gonk kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Imperial Deathstar Power Droid (Gonk #2) with his MSE Droid buddy... and sidekick ;)
Went for the Kenner-inspired colorway; keeping it a glossy clean dark metallic blue with red & black details, and a light grey stripe. Also added red and flashing yellow LEDs.

DSPowerDroid1.jpg

DSPowerDroid2.jpg

DSPowerDroid3.jpg

DSPowerDroid4.jpg

That is great. Love the extra greeblings too. I had delusions of grandeur with this as my first attempt at a kit (or any custom at all really). Long story short, watch those trimming knives. Had surgery yesterday to reattach the nerve I severed. I'd still love to add some LED's like above. Love the Kenner look. Gonk was always one of my favourite Kenner figs. I've got the gentle giant jumbo Kenner Gonk and love it. Where is the switch and I take it they are battery powered?

That is great. Love the extra greeblings too. I had delusions of grandeur with this as my first attempt at a kit (or any custom at all really). Long story short, watch those trimming knives. Had surgery yesterday to reattach the nerve I severed. I'd still love to add some LED's like above. Love the Kenner look. Gonk was always one of my favourite Kenner figs. I've got the gentle giant jumbo Kenner Gonk and love it. Where is the switch and I take it they are battery powered?

Thanks :) This is my third go at resin kits. The other 2 are also droids from RustyJ. So you can say this droid thread introduced me resin customs. Damn hope the nerve damage want too bad. The switch is located under the front of the droid. I used a dual Button cell switch.

Great job- love the paint job and lights!

Thanks J! Hope to start working on Gonk #3 soon :)

My Imperial Deathstar Power Droid (Gonk #2) with his MSE Droid buddy... and sidekick ;)
Went for the Kenner-inspired colorway; keeping it a glossy clean dark metallic blue with red & black details, and a light grey stripe. Also added red and flashing yellow LEDs.

View attachment 447453

Yes, very very nice work DR37. Reminds me of a certain unreleased droid

00_Hot_Toys_Star_Wars09__scaled_800.jpg

Did they preview 2 ? I've totally forgotten. As for the DSTrooper and console. I know a couple of people who are still praying for that release. Myself included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My memory must be serving me wrong then because I just did a search and can only find the one. Gettin old. I thought they previewed 2 different kinds back then.
I’m one that thinks they’ll still release him... sometime.

Just like Krennic!

I have a couple more kits ready to ship. Message me for interest-
Mouse droids and CHOPs too.
Thanks!

Ok so this is my first attempt at my own custom (using Rustyj's kit). It's taught me a lot. How not to use a knife :stake How sucky my paint skills are (that resin was a pain to paint). How bloody expensive it is to get everything (and still need more). How to give up fancy ideas (for now) and try and get the basics right. How much more I admire the customising community and what it achieves.

So here is my Gonk. I went for classic Kenner blue with black highlights. Next time I wouldn't use the gloss. I hope it doesn't burn out too many eyes.

36oXhAE.jpg

tVTMoRG.jpg

XmrvXvR.jpg

WsvzjPa.jpg

Ok so this is my first attempt at my own custom (using Rustyj's kit). It's taught me a lot. How not to use a knife :stake How sucky my paint skills are (that resin was a pain to paint). How bloody expensive it is to get everything (and still need more). How to give up fancy ideas (for now) and try and get the basics right. How much more I admire the customising community and what it achieves.

So here is my Gonk. I went for classic Kenner blue with black highlights. Next time I wouldn't use the gloss. I hope it doesn't burn out too many eyes.

36oXhAE.jpg

Nice job ! Don't worry too much about the paint. Looks good to me. Plus they're in a used universe, so nothings perfect.

I agree with Hoody - nice job!

If the gloss paint bothers you, you could always hit the whole thing with a blast of clear dull-coat from a spray can.

If you wanted to rough it up a little, you could take some fine grit sandpaper to it... especially along the edges and raised panels... any place that it might get banged up in the "real world".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back