1:6 scale beasts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way is it that big, based on how it appeared in ROTJ. It's more like 18"... if you look at starwars.com it lists rancors as being between 5m-10m, with "rancors on Dathomir being larger".

To wit:

Yeah, you're right. I was dividing 32.8' by 6, but the 32 feet measurement must be off. So if they do one of the shorter Rancor's it would be about 2.5 to 3 feet. That would be much easier to pull off.

Tauntaun, with Hoth Han and Luke :monkey5:monkey5... My wife would kill me!!! :duh

So that is how you spell "Tauntaun". No wonder I couldn't get any Google results for "Ton-Ton". :lol

I suggested a rancor in another thread and most people told me that was ridiculous, too big and too expensive.

I insist, gives us a rancor!!!!

Luis

People think it'd be too big and cost too much. I think it'd be about the size of a larger scale PF or 1:1 bust and if they just made it hollow vinyl, it wouldnt' cost much more than $200 or so where Jabba was $120. I'd easily pay that for a Rancor, at 1/6 scale, the detail in the paint work would be immaculate.

If SSC ever starts selling the really crazy pieces as paint-and-assemble kits, maybe...aw, who am I kidding. Regardless of which of you is right, it's too freaking big to fit into my already pressed display space. Not to mention I'd rather not soak a year's hobby money into one piece.

People think it'd be too big and cost too much. I think it'd be about the size of a larger scale PF or 1:1 bust and if they just made it hollow vinyl, it wouldnt' cost much more than $200 or so where Jabba was $120. I'd easily pay that for a Rancor, at 1/6 scale, the detail in the paint work would be immaculate.

Well said.:lecture

Well I went and did some looking and everything I can find says Jabba's Rancor was 5 meters so scaling him down to 1/6th makes him come out to about 2 foot 8 inches. That wouldn't be to unreasonable if it's done roto cast in a harder vinly like Jabba I could see paying $175-200 for it. Also that height gives me plenty of room to turn the space under my Jabba display into a rancor pit :D

According to starwars.com's databank, the Rancors can be anywhere from 5-10 meters tall, depending on the species. The discription seems to imply that the one Jabba aquires is a Dathomir Rancor which is the 10 meter version.

Looking at the comparison of size between Luke and the Rancor, it appears to me to be more like 6 meters. My own opinion is that I will be happy with 2-1/2 feet as long as Luke fits correctly in the hand and the Gamorrean Guard fits correctly in the mouth.

But 3 feet would be nearly to scale and should not be any more problem to make than 2-1/2 feet.

And I am still down for 2.

rancor.jpg

Sideshow could knock this outta the park!

If they do announce a 1/6 Rancour Id be all over it, my idea for a dio display case would have to be modified, bottom shelf for a Rancour Cave with throne room on the next shelf !!

Been thinkin about this one for a while and I gotta say it a tricky one. Not as keen on the newer star wars films so I have been racking my brains to think of beast in the original 3!

So Dewback, wampa, taun taun, rancor?

All would be amazing but I think I would say Dewback. I love dios and I think there is more stuff to go with the dewback. I would love to get one and do a ANH street scene... could be so cool.

Wampa, yeah it would be great but I would want a Luke or Han hoth to go with it and if they were gonna make a hairy beast I would rather it was Chewie. Same goes for the taun taun.

The Rancor would be totally outrageous....

Dorgmal

I really think a rancor is more appropriate for a diorama, rather than a 1/6 scale figure. I have the NECA balrog which is smaller than 1/6 scale, but still huge at around 2 feet tall with a 3.5 foot wingspan (going from memory here, but it's close anyway). It's simply too big to display well, so it's in the basement.

In any case, I think the Gentle Giant balrog is good enough for me.

As impractical and ridiculous as a 1/6 Rancor would be to display (and afford) I would find a way. I love the Rancor, always has been my favorite SW beast and if I could own him in 1/6 I would. I've thought about buying the GG or Illusive versions... but I still hold out hope for a towering example in 1/6.

Back