1/6 S-HERO - SH001 Doom Monarch (Doctor Doom)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine shipped so hopefully it gets here in a couple of weeks. It looks pretty cool from what I've seen so far.

we really need a knock off comic fantastic 4.

I'd really like a classic comic FF. Especially The Thing as I always considered him the star of the team.

This is the best I can manage at the moment...

Fantastic Four 16.jpg

IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1381 HeroClix.JPG

:lol

Last edited:
That's a pretty darned fun display @Asta !

When I was into collecting/painting wargaming figures and building dioramas I picked up hundreds of HeroClix figures.

I cut the ones I liked best off their chunky bases and glued them onto pennies and twopences. I hadn't really thought about them in years until the other day when the question of Doom's scale came up.

Doctor Doom make his entrance into my collection
Loving this figure so far (May mod the costume in the future)
Still working on my Doom Throne.
NOTE: Be very careful when removing the fur coat that hang on his shoulder it come pre attach the small elastic string is little difficult to remove.

IMG_5770.jpeg

IMG_5769.jpeg
IMG_5768.jpeg
IMG_5759.jpeg
IMG_5761.jpeg
IMG_5764.jpeg
IMG_5763.jpeg
IMG_5765.jpeg
IMG_5766.jpeg
IMG_5767.jpeg

The height modification really makes a difference. While the before validates my initial concerns about the figure, the after is much closer to what I was hoping for. What all did you do? Just curious to know how much work would be involved if I decide to pick one up in the secondary.

Oof that before height makes him look like a kid but to be fair, Hot Toys has a weird problem of increasingly raising the height on all of their figures one after the other over the years. He definitely needs those ankle extenders and even then, he looks short next to the others. Wonder how much good a body swap would do.

Ahh, the comparison pics do tell the story, wow! In BigBreda’s review he says the figure is 31cm/12.2in, so either the 3rd party companies are making the figures too short or Hot Toys is making them too tall 🤔. I may do what some of you guys are thinking and give ‘em the ol’ extension. With the right angles (or ankles 😄) he matches up with everyone pretty well.

Oh, the possibilities…
IMG_2021.jpeg
IMG_2018.jpeg
IMG_2020.jpeg

Ahh, the comparison pics do tell the story, wow! In BigBreda’s review he says the figure is 31cm/12.2in, so either the 3rd party companies are making the figures too short or Hot Toys is making them too tall 🤔. I may do what some of you guys are thinking and give ‘em the ol’ extension. With the right angles (or ankles 😄) he matches up with everyone pretty well.

Oh, the possibilities…View attachment 676415View attachment 676414View attachment 676413
Hot toys is too tall. Its a trend they have been on for maybe 8(?) years. I guess it was after the diecast iron mans started.

Doctor Doom make his entrance into my collection
Loving this figure so far (May mod the costume in the future)
Still working on my Doom Throne.
NOTE: Be very careful when removing the fur coat that hang on his shoulder it come pre attach the small elastic string is little difficult to remove.

View attachment 676400
View attachment 676401View attachment 676402View attachment 676404View attachment 676405View attachment 676406View attachment 676407View attachment 676408View attachment 676409View attachment 676410
Wow those ankle extenders make a huge difference.

He looks really good but yeah as I was afraid, he is too short when next to Hot Toys Marvel figure. It is great to know that ankle extenders can effectively be used to remedy some of that height difference without making the legs look strange or “off”.

Do you think a body swap would be feasible in this case? It seems like sometimes body swaps with armored figures can look strange because the armor can “sit” differently and look odd on larger bodies. Also can he be removed from that undersuit without cutting the fabric or the armor?

Wow those ankle extenders make a huge difference.

He looks really good but yeah as I was afraid, he is too short when next to Hot Toys Marvel figure. It is great to know that ankle extenders can effectively be used to remedy some of that height difference without making the legs look strange or “off”.

Do you think a body swap would be feasible in this case? It seems like sometimes body swaps with armored figures can look strange because the armor can “sit” differently and look odd on larger bodies. Also can he be removed from that undersuit without cutting the fabric or the armor?
1-I think the under suit is seal shut, so yeah probably need to cut it open.
2-Head is magnetic so you will need get a head peg to make it work.
3-Long as it a muscular body similar to the original it should be fine but not too big or else the armor will break when trying to pose it.

1-I think the under suit is seal shut, so yeah probably need to cut it open.
2-Head is magnetic so you will need get a head peg to make it work.
3-Long as it a muscular body similar to the original it should be fine but not too big or else the armor will break when trying to pose it.
Ahhh, got it …thanks so much!

Mine came today and yeah, too short. I found some large ankle pegs in my parts bin and gave him some much-needed height, but he really should be bigger. Looks way better tho and I'm happy with the figure. Anyway, the chest and magnetic neck are one molded piece that can be removed from the stock body no problem. It just slides off. This way you can retain use of the magnetic head on a different body.

Mine came today and yeah, too short. I found some large ankle pegs in my parts bin and gave him some much-needed height, but he really should be bigger. Looks way better tho and I'm happy with the figure. Anyway, the chest and magnetic neck are one molded piece that can be removed from the stock body no problem. It just slides off. This way you can retain use of the magnetic head on a different body.
You got photo I’m interested in how talker you got the figure to be.

You got photo I’m interested in how talker you got the figure to be.
Sure can. I think it's probably along the lines of yours though.

I used the pegs on the right end for Doom. They are around 24/25 mm. The black ones on the very left are stock for those who are waiting for their figure.

20231203_132304.jpg

Various Comparisions. Indy and the wip Punisher are worldbox bodies with the Punisher's being pretty large on it's own. The SSR Batman is using a Phicen 35 body.

20231203_124234.jpg

20231203_123733.jpg

20231203_122303.jpg

20231203_123953.jpg

Last edited:
Back