1/6 S-HERO - SH001 Doom Monarch (Doctor Doom)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah found the same model. Looks like they literately took a $2 model and tried making it a ridiculously overpriced $400 diorama set when it could have easily been something below $100. Bizarre. Will be a fun project to do on the side at least.

doctor-doom-throne-stl-3d-print-files.jpg

Yeah found the same model. Looks like they literately took a $2 model and tried making it a ridiculously overpriced $400 diorama set when it could have easily been something below $100. Bizarre. Will be a fun project to do on the side at least.

doctor-doom-throne-stl-3d-print-files.jpg
Bought it for $1.26 and cool hope your turn out good bro, already started to print mine gonna take couple days and alot of work after finish printing.

I’d love to hear how the prints go! Really wanted the throne myself but their price plus shipping just made that unrealistic. Seems that was universally the feeling if they had to cancel it.

According to Hot Toys specs the Loki figure he's stood next to is 31 cm tall.

I've planned to have him stood next to the Robert Downey Jr. scaled Iron Man Mk. I (1.0), which is only just over 29 cm, so Doom will appear to be a bit taller.

If I have him holding his tome, it's going to look like a book club meeting, because behind him, raised on a Perspex stand, will be Doctor Strange holding the Book of Cagliostro.
According to this Doom is 6’2 without his armor and 6’7 in his armor …
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Victor_von_Doom_(Earth-616)

According to this Doom is 6’2 without his armor and 6’7 in his armor …
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Victor_von_Doom_(Earth-616)

The 6' 7" height surprised me when I went searching the Marvel canon. I never imagined him as Darth Vader scale. Five inches also seems a lot of added height for boots and a close fitting helmet.

I have a fascination with the pulp aspect of Doom, the masked and hooded ruler of Latveria. 1930s and '40s pulp was the reason I bought Hot Toys' Iron Man Mark I and the First Avenger Captain America.

When I was heavily into wargaming miniatures I built a Return to Castle Wolfenstein-esque village sandwiched between ruins and an underground lab on one side, and Doom's castle and courtyard on the other, populated by Heroclix Doom, henchmen and the Fantastic Four figures.

I'm sure there was a Fantastic Four story where the team became miniaturised, so the little Heroclix could find a new purpose.

Ended up grabbing one on the aftermarket. Dont mind paying the $50 more for this piece to secure one as it reminds me so much of the SS PF grail from back in the day. Love that piece always wanted a 1/6 Doom piece and stoked that its dropping soon. Seeings big bredas review really got me to pull the trigger as seeing it in hand helps to see what were actually getting. Best and only third party piece in the collection among all the other HT pieces. Think he will really stand on his own among all the other Marvel titans in the collection the details is just amazing.

Bought it for $1.26 and cool hope your turn out good bro, already started to print mine gonna take couple days and alot of work after finish printing.
Just FYI, and you probably don't give a ****, but if you find an STL that looks like a highly detailed model, and it's being sold for $1.26, chances are you're buying it from someone who just scrapes STLs from various sculptors and relists them dirt cheap, profiting off of and devaluing the original creator's work without permission.

Just FYI, and you probably don't give a ****, but if you find an STL that looks like a highly detailed model, and it's being sold for $1.26, chances are you're buying it from someone who just scrapes STLs from various sculptors and relists them dirt cheap, profiting off of and devaluing the original creator's work without permission.
I notice that but it not like they asking riddiculous price for the orignal creator work.
Sure it hurt the orignal creator profits margain.

Figure coming Friday but hopefully it come a day early.
Anyway throne is done
just waiting for other materials before begining to painting process.

View attachment 676128

View attachment 676130View attachment 676131View attachment 676132
Looking great! I might fix the errors that the default model has. Like remove the ass pole on the seat and fill in the gaps like the Lion head where the hand rested. Only problem is I don't have a 3D printer. :lol Need to get on that one of these days.

Looking great! I might fix the errors that the default model has. Like remove the ass pole on the seat and fill in the gaps like the Lion head where the hand rested. Only problem is I don't have a 3D printer. :lol Need to get on that one of these days.
I'm gonna fix that up myself, just waiting on the materials and yes first thing is to removed that peg on the seat.

Wow!!!
This looks amazing!!

But I think he will looks more imposing if I display him by himself, or find a good way to add a little height to him.

I’m thinking of adding a little something to the bottom of his shoes or something. Of course ankle extenders would probably be easier, but as someone else mentioned earlier I’m not sure that is an option bk of the armor.

In any event I’m thrilled at how nice this figure seems to have come out and I look forward to seeing the creative approaches folks on here will use to add a little size to this guy.

Back