1/6 ROTS Palpatine / Sidious Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Palpatine Image Thread

Damn Mikey, that lightning looks sick?!? So are you using the unleashed sets or something else to get that effect? It looks amazing and really adds to the figure IMO.

Yes, great job on the lighting!, that is one major minus for this figure, I don't know what Sideshow was thinking not including lighting, as Mikey said it doesn't look any more toyish than the lightsabers.:emperor

Damn Mikey, that lightning looks sick?!? So are you using the unleashed sets or something else to get that effect? It looks amazing and really adds to the figure IMO.

Thanks. You called it. I cut the lightning from the Unleashed Sidious fig. There's so damned much of it, it fits in scale with the 12" figure nearly perfectly. I just need to figure out how to attach it. With my old Hasbro kitbashes, I just had an alternate set of permanent lightning hands, but that's not really an option with this figure. Sid holds the lightning alright between his fingers, but it's kind of tenuous. They keep falling off. :lol

Figure painted by Josh (Small Studios)

More pics in his thread in the Custom Section.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

WOW! I love the liver spots on his forehead. Top notch job, congrats! :rock

Sideshow, please release the lightening so we can all enjoy it. :D

I'm fitting together the pieces for my Sith Lightening. I'm stoked to see it all finished. I know a lot of us think the lightening makes it look too toyish, but I really feel it's an integral part of his character and really looks no more toyish than the ignited lightsabers. So, here's some test shots. What do you think?

Palpatine looks really cool with the lightning! I only hope SS will make a ROTJ version with lightning as well

It's great to see some more Palpatine repaints! The liverspots were a great idea.

I guess I can repost these pics since this thread has popped up again...

This is Pixletwin's Chancellor Palpatine head repainted to look like an Episode I Darth Sidious. There was some debate as to whether or not he should have the Sith eyes, but I was really glad Pix went with them, because it makes for a more interesting, and very striking custom.

SidiousEp1Hooded.jpg

SidiousEp1unhooded2.jpg

SidiousEp1unhooded1.jpg

SidiousEp1head.jpg

SidiousEp1backheaddetail.jpg

Had I been able to toss away extra money on a separate Palpatine figure, this is exactly what I'd like to have seen in my custom Darth Sidious (TPM/AOTC)

Bravo!!!!

Special thx to OK SITHLORD for this sidious figure.
THX so much bro.

009-5.jpg

Last edited:

I just received my Palpatine from ebay. One thing that bugs me is that his head absolutely cannot bend forward, backward, or side to side. This is the first buck I have seen that has a completely frozen neck joint. Anyone else experience this?

Anyone? I want to see if I can fix it, but how do you remove his shirt? The robe section doesn't appear to fit over his head.

Anyone? I want to see if I can fix it, but how do you remove his shirt? The robe section doesn't appear to fit over his head.

Have you tried gently to push it. I remember several folks, including myself, had the T-800 figures have stiff necks that seemed made that way but a little gentle pushing loosened it up. Sounds like a fluke body though, lots of people have posted here on him and never heard of anything like this.

Special thx to OK SITHLORD for this sidious figure.
THX so much bro.

009-5.jpg

Your welcome dude, this might sound gay but........ Something in my heart told my i should give it to ya, so i did. I appreciate the kind words, so treasure him my friend, i know i did. Rock on KD!!:rock

Back