1/6 ROTS Palpatine / Sidious Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Palpatine Image Thread

2277703055_46f3bcbfb7.jpg

I really like this pose--and as usual Monk, if I see a pose of yours that I like I'm stealing it.:D I loved how you had the Obi vs. Anakin and I think I might have to pose Mace now with my Palpatine.

That's the great thing about the 1/6 line-- the ability to completely switch the look of your collection by reworking the poses... Granted I love my PF collection (for detail--sculpt--etc...) but the 1/6 just allows for so much.

Great pics.

What, no love for my pictures on top of my mail crate? :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I have to admit I did enjoy those as well. If you put those pics into an animated gif format it would look like Sidious is doing a little dance!
:chew:emperor

That looks great! "Your faith in your friends is yours!" That's the Hasbro robe? Really good...can you pose him taunting Jedi Luke?

JB, maybe you missed these I did awhile ago. It is the Hasbro Emperor robe.

"Ah yes, a Jedi's weapon, much like your father's."

O.jpg

"Your faith in your friends is yours."

P.jpg

"So be it, Jedi."

H.jpg

"If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed."

I.jpg

"Your feable skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side."

J.jpg

"Now young Skywalker, you will die."

K.jpg

Looks great Sean. So many great threads with so much stuff goin' on...some good stuff is slippin' right by!

Thanks, they were some of the first Sidious shots I took. I think I even did most of them within the first 2 days of owning the figure. I was so blown away by the sculpt and finally having a figure that accurrately captured his look, I had to see if I could have an Emperor with him. I was pretty pleased what mileage I could get out of the Hasbro robes, really makes me eager to see SSC take a shot at it.

Once again, awesome pics, MaulFan.

Hey, my friends ad I did a Palpy review you can check out here!
:emperor

FINALLY!!!!
I got my Chancellor! Thanks Kitfisto! :rock
(We went in on a he gets Emperor, I get Chancellor deal)

Palpy001.jpg

Repaint and better pics to come!

Great pics so far Maulfan, and you others! Cool ROTJ custom there!

Can't wait to see what you do to him... I have a feeling it will kick major ass Les :rock

Can't wait to see what you do to him... I have a feeling it will kick major ass Les :rock

Thanks Joe. I can't decide what to do, go with the ROTS facial features, or the slightly more creepy AOTC Palpy face. He looked so creepy and old in what little of that one he was in. (circles under eyes, more stark coloring, age spots, etc.)
Seems he got friendlier looking again by EpIII. But the EpII would be more fun to paint. :D Just not sure yet. Whatever the case, this is a great figure. Glad to have him! Super sculpt too! Dead on by my reckoning. Decent stock paint too.

Thanks Joe. I can't decide what to do, go with the ROTS facial features, or the slightly more creepy AOTC Palpy face. He looked so creepy and old in what little of that one he was in. (circles under eyes, more stark coloring, age spots, etc.)
Seems he got friendlier looking again by EpIII. But the EpII would be more fun to paint. :D Just not sure yet. Whatever the case, this is a great figure. Glad to have him! Super sculpt too! Dead on by my reckoning. Decent stock paint too.

It's your figure Les so of course you gotta go the route you're happy with, but I think it'd be cool to see ROTS Palpatine as an evolution of his decaying look from AOTC. Good old George changing his mind about how he comes to look like he did in ROTJ between Ep2-3 makes for some inconsistency. Thankfully, most shots of Palpatine in AOTC were far away enough to not pick up on it, but following the development of the film heavily and gathering reference images, I'm more than away of all the aging details he had, I thought it looked great, then I saw the first ROTS shots and shook my head with confusion as to why he looked healthier and younger.

Yeah... that has bothered me alot recently, too. Perhaps Lucas felt that all that dark side and power gave him renewed life?

If I remember correctly (and someone correct if I'm wrong), the original intention was for Palpatine to transition into his decrepid state over the course of the Prequels as his power grew and he came closer to revealing himself to the Jedi as Darth Sidious. But when Episode III rolled around, the cause for the deformity was the Sith lightning, and the original concept was dropped.

Again, I could be wrong.

If I remember correctly (and someone correct if I'm wrong), the original intention was for Palpatine to transition into his decrepid state over the course of the Prequels as his power grew and he came closer to revealing himself to the Jedi as Darth Sidious. But when Episode III rolled around, the cause for the deformity was the Sith lightning, and the original concept was dropped.

Again, I could be wrong.

That would have made more sense I guess...

Hi everyone,

I received my Sidious/Palpatine set yesterday. I know everyone already said this, but they look awesome! :drool

I'm posting some very bad-quality pics of my "custom" Ep. VI Palpatine, just to give you an idea of how good does the Sidious figure looks with the robe from the old POTF 12'' Emperor Palpatine figure. :emperor

Sidious007.jpg
Sidious010.jpg
Sidious012.jpg
Sidious014.jpg

I hope I'll be posting better quality pics as soon as I get a new camera. :D

Very nice pics. The cane really adds to it. I hope to get mine soon.

Welkome to the board.

Back