1/6 ROTS Palpatine / Sidious Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Palpatine Image Thread

I still don't understand. Sorry I can be dense. What do you do? Do you put a piece down and then hand the rest? :eek:

I can explain it to you from a full scale perspective.

These pictures are from a photoshoot I did. As you can see in the first one, the area is set up with some white material hung from a wall and runs down sort of like a half pipe to the floor and out a bit with a white panel set up at the ceiling. If you want to creatively light your subject but keep the purity of the white background, you need to arrange lights directed at the backdrop behind where the subject stands so that whatever shadows are cast by the subjectlighting are cancelled out by the secondary lights. So if you had long and wide enough sheets of paper that you could do a similar arrangement with at home, you could shoot figures against a pure background without having to cut them out of a picture and throw them into a photoshop background.

PSSAMPLE1.jpg

PSSAMPLE2.jpg

So more pics that are damn funny from Sambuca at RS:

sambuca said:
MORE PICS!!!

First we have a speeder bike race between the Palpamint twins. WHOOOOOSH!!!
Palps011.jpg

And you can't have a sambuca picture show without a Guitar Hero reference. Colonel Sidious is thinking about managing this raw talent of Palpatine's.
Palps021.jpg

Here's a pair of outdoor pics. An exploration of the area might prove deadly for the Palpatines. LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!
Palps031.jpg

Palps041.jpg

Here's one serious pic, Palpatine squaring off against Windu. YAAAH!!!
Palps051.jpg

And am I the only one who has noticed Sidious' "lady dress" underneath his robe? Here, one of his guards helps him get dressed before an evening on the town.
Palps06.jpg

That's all for now, MORE TO COME!!!

:lol:lol:lol

I saw those earlier, and I don't know why, but Sidious actually looks good with the hat, doesn't seem unnatural at all.

Palps021.jpg

EDIT: I just realized why he looks alright with that, reminds me of Jack Palance as Curly in City Slickers :lol

:monkey5 :monkey5
I can explain it to you from a full scale perspective.

These pictures are from a photoshoot I did. As you can see in the first one, the area is set up with some white material hung from a wall and runs down sort of like a half pipe to the floor and out a bit with a white panel set up at the ceiling. If you want to creatively light your subject but keep the purity of the white background, you need to arrange lights directed at the backdrop behind where the subject stands so that whatever shadows are cast by the subjectlighting are cancelled out by the secondary lights. So if you had long and wide enough sheets of paper that you could do a similar arrangement with at home, you could shoot figures against a pure background without having to cut them out of a picture and throw them into a photoshop background.

PSSAMPLE1.jpg

Thanks for um.....helping. Also WOW! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

PSSAMPLE2.jpg

Nice shots, Josh. thanks for the doiley fix! :)

I must say, the Shocktrooper looks damned good with Sidious!

Thnx JB!! Glad I can always aide in the doily fix of the Freaks. :)

It does and I can't wait to add Josh's Custom to the mix. :rock

A couple hundred, though out of the 300 I took I was only happy with maybe a 1/3 of the shoot.

She had to make even the bad ones look good. :rock

Edit: Sorry if she's your GF or something not trying to be a sicko. :lol

She had to make even the bad ones look good. :rock

Edit: Sorry if she's your GF or something not trying to be a sicko. :lol

Not a GF, hired model, just another step in my development as a serious photographer. Actually, that and another model shoot improved my collectibles photography, I learned a lot about lighting setups by getting first hand experience in full scale.

How do you get the base seamless then? It looks like a perfectly white room.

I was about to reply but decided to read on through. Maulfan has basically explained the setup, which is what I'm doing but in 1:6 scale and minus the $40,000 camera hehe.

I'm convinced that while a good effort, Sidious' construction is far superior to Anakin's.

But they do photograph okay together.

I was about to reply but decided to read on through. Maulfan has basically explained the setup, which is what I'm doing but in 1:6 scale and minus the $40,000 camera hehe.

They have cameras that cost $40,000?!?!? :google

I should have seen that coming haha. Hopefully amidst the drooling, my legitimate points came accross too lol. Good thing I posted the clean shots hehe.

I think I got it. I will have to try it. Thanks again.

Back