1/6 Redman Toys Coppola's Dracula

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I'm not condoning recasting it's not like Rainman had a license to sell his expensive figures either so he was committing another form of theft, so when you do that you open yourself up to companies being able to copy your work and you can't do anything about it legally. If I had known about the Rainman versions in time to order I'm sure I would have since I love the film, I will not pay even higher after market prices for them so the Redman copies of them will have to do plain and simple and at a fraction of the price.

Well, two wrongs don't make a right.
I don't have any Rainman figures, but I've always admired his work, and while I am a big fan of Coppola's Dracula, I've no room for these figures.
They do look nice, better than their Blade Runner offerings (those were recasts as well, weren't they?)...

Just out of curiosity, what is their tailoring like? What bodies do they use?

So Redman Toys doesn’t have its own site only resellers stock their products? I’ve never bought any of their figures before but tempted to pick up the Draculas. Bit dodgy to be using Rainmans pics though for their product images and not their own prototype :-/

So Redman Toys doesn’t have its own site only resellers stock their products? I’ve never bought any of their figures before but tempted to pick up the Draculas. Bit dodgy to be using Rainmans pics though for their product images and not their own prototype :-/

Rainman was their prototype. These will very likely be Redman's producton pieces as they're due out in October (Drac Queen) and November (Victorian Gent).

If the photos are actually of the Rainman originals, then it doesn't say much for the tailoring quality of his figures vs. their cost.

Redmans tailoring is good no complaints with my neo matrix or bladerunner figure. The bodys are generic easy to upgrade and decent headsculpt and paint on both. Ordered my dracula yesterday cant wait.

Redman's tailoring and paint work is usually very good, at least on the Good, Bad Ugly, Josey Wales and Monco that I have.

The letdown here is the choice of material for old Dracula's Japanese outfit, which Redman will have copied from the Rainman. Stiff material that doesn't hold creases and makes the figure look cheap and awkward.

I Love this being my first Vampire and now bitten by him will lead to many more Vampire's for the collection. Blade , Vampirella , Underworld ,lost boys etc... Time for the bloodlines to start the family.

I Love this being my first Vampire and now bitten by him will lead to many more Vampire's for the collection. Blade , Vampirella , Underworld ,lost boys etc... Time for the bloodlines to start the family.

Don't forget Star Ace's!

9e7sJJg.jpg

I'll pick up the old Dracula I have no need for Young Vlad since I still think the best figure to pickup is the Resin model kit of Prince Vlad with Wolf.

Don't forget Star Ace's!

9e7sJJg.jpg

Nice. I think may have to have a Vampire marathon starting with Bram and what we do in the shadows to lost boys to John Carpenters Vampire's to Vanhelseng to monster squad to blade to interview with a Vampire . No gay as Twilight needed sorry ha ha...The fire is lit for the collection for sure. Ordered both version's Stoked!:yess:

I'm on a 1930s and 1940s Universal Horror/Monster marathon. Dozens of movies including all the the Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolf Man/She-Wolf, Mummy, Invisible Man/Woman, Paula the Ape Woman, plus a few oddities along the way. Then it's into the 1950s for the Gill Man trilogy, Tarantula, The Deadly Mantis and more! :lol

I also found that 1977 BBC Count Dracula today.

Wouldn't mind a decent 1/6 Lugosi Dracula and Karloff Frankenstein's Monster.

How does anyone know that Rainman didn’t sell his illegal sculpt to the Redman people to make their illegal copies?

Quite a bit of conjecture going on here..

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

How does anyone know that Rainman didn’t sell his illegal sculpt to the Redman people to make their illegal copies?

Owing to their history, what if every Redman 'recast' was done in collusion with the original creator? Easy extra cash for sold out expensive limited releases, and deniability on the behalf of the creators so as not to upset their loyal customer base?

Anything's possible in the weird and wonderful world of one sixth.

Owing to their history, what if every Redman 'recast' was done in collusion with the original creator? Easy extra cash for sold out expensive limited releases, and deniability on the behalf of the creators so as not to upset their loyal customer base?

I must confess...I have thought this same thing. It happens in the garage kit world too. William Paquette made a really rare Vincent Price 1/6 kit. It sold out imediately and the secondary market commanded high prices for them. A couple years later, Amok Tie released a fully painted statue with working cauldron lights....same sculpt.

Not accusing anyone of anything, but stranger things have been known to happen in hobby land.

I must confess...I have thought this same thing. It happens in the garage kit world too. William Paquette made a really rare Vincent Price 1/6 kit. It sold out imediately and the secondary market commanded high prices for them. A couple years later, Amok Tie released a fully painted statue with working cauldron lights....same sculpt.

Not accusing anyone of anything, but stranger things have been known to happen in hobby land.

All this was brought up in the past and people "in the know" claim that there is no way Rainman and Redman are working together.:dunno

All this was brought up in the past and people "in the know" claim that there is no way Rainman and Redman are working together.:dunno

Which is exactly what people "in the know" would say...

If Rainman has truly forsaken this game they would be the one to say. But still, it would be a damning admission, and potentially damaging for those still in the game.

Re: 1/6 Redman Toys Bram Stoker's Dracula

Normally I would delete this thread as not only is this a bootleg, but it is also ripping off and recasting an artist I respect. However the discussion should be had.

Perhaps a legitimate company has been trying to secure the license and would be trying to bring these characters to market in 1/6. That is not a cheap proposal and having these figures out there may just prevent licensed figures from ever getting made. Would you still support this recaster then?

And look at everything Redman has done - 95% of their releases are recasts of respected custom artists. Do we really want to support such activity?

I'd like to raise some controversy here.

I totally get the outrage about stealing the artist's work, but in my opinion Rainman is a brand that is not gonna be much affected by recasts.

Their limited runs of figures are targeted for a very specific group of collectors who will continue to support them regardless.

Redman figures are of inferior quality when compared to the originals, and no amount of Photoshop edits will be able to change that.

And collectors who are not able to afford Rainman's figures still wouldn't buy them, regardless of the amont of recasts available.

Because Rainman asked everyone who follows him on Facebook to not support recasters and Redman specifically.

Back